Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: How are your brakemotive rotors and pads?
Brakes have warped...garbage!
3.80%
Brakes started pulsating...garbage!
2.53%
Brake pads are shot after 1 year of normal driving.
1.27%
Not very good for 100-150mph hard stopping.
7.59%
Brakes are awesome!!! No problems!
84.81%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Review for brakemotive drilled and slotted rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Brand___X
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sincere Question

Originally Posted by Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
If you need a quality brake pad for your new rotors take a look at the Carbotech 1521 pad. If interested I will be happy to help you.

F: $141 R: $121

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™ The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non-corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.
Hello Adam,

Thank you for the information on your product. Obviously there are many vendors on this site monitoring the forums and as you know, my original post was in regards to Breakmotive hardware.

The folks on this forum give Breakmotive pads and Carbotech Bobcat 1521 pads great reviews thus I am going to be blunt with you. Why should I as a consumer, choose to purchase Carbotech Bobcat 1521 pads over Breakmotive pads that are a fraction of the cost.

If this is too political to answer in the public forums, or any other reason not to reply in this forum, please PM me. I will make my purchase decision based upon your information.

Sincerely,
Steven
Old 02-06-2015, 08:45 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by Brand___X
Hello Adam,

Thank you for the information on your product. Obviously there are many vendors on this site monitoring the forums and as you know, my original post was in regards to Breakmotive hardware.

The folks on this forum give Breakmotive pads and Carbotech Bobcat 1521 pads great reviews thus I am going to be blunt with you. Why should I as a consumer, choose to purchase Carbotech Bobcat 1521 pads over Breakmotive pads that are a fraction of the cost.

If this is too political to answer in the public forums, or any other reason not to reply in this forum, please PM me. I will make my purchase decision based upon your information.

Sincerely,
Steven
Steven, Breakmotive pads are ceramic made in china who even knows what's in their compound. Carbotech pads are 100% made in the USA and contain Carbon Kevlar and Ceramic. Carbotech pads are known for their release & modulation, while maintaining very consistent torque control characteristics. Carbotech brake pads are extremely rotor friendly and contain 100% non-corrosive brake dust, that’s something that has been unmatched by any other brake pad in the industry. Will not harm your expensive wheels or paint on your car.
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 02-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,845 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but jumping into a thread about a competitor's product, one in which pretty much everyone gives a positive feedback for, to advertise another product seems a bit rude, if not more than a little unethical.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:31 PM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

I do not sell rotors. All I am doing is giving the corvette community an option to buy a high quality brake pad. Reading through the post's most people where not happy with the brake pads supplied in this kit.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:43 PM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

I have the Brakemotive brake pads on my car and I've been surprisingly happy. For the price I most certainly did not expect them to perform as well as they have. I have them on my car about three years now. Additionally, for the $180 I paid the brake pads were included with the rotors. I have paid much more for brake parts I considered junk, like AC rotors that warped in a short time. I used the bedding procedure brakemotive provided and they have worked very well for the time I have had them on my car. Plus the zinc coating still looks good and rust free. They have been a great purchase and I still recommend them. I don't foresee changing them out any time soon, they have held up great! This is a follow up review to my previous post on this subject.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:37 AM
zagger
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pads and rotors are OK for normal driving however couple of hard canyon runs and multiple brake fading incidents forced me to decide and to trash these. Like I said they are great, inexpensive alternative for everyday driving just don't push them hard.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:53 PM
soondg
Instructor

Just about a year with the brakes and the performance and pad wear have been good so far. I daily drive in all weather and occasionally drive very lively, I've even done 130-140 mph stops with no problems.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:02 AM
garline14
Pro

Received 160 Likes on 89 Posts

I just bought a set of Brakemotive pads and rotors, I believe I paid just above 150 through ebay. I haven't installed them yet, but I did inspect the rotors and pads upon receiving them and all looks good. Great reviews is the reason I bought them so hopefully they perform as expected.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:14 PM
lane_viper
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

Just pulled the trigger on these for my 03 Z06. Bought them and installed them on my S2000 first and couldn't be happier. Hope to install this weekend.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:28 PM
tommypenguin
Drifting

Received 377 Likes on 187 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Just bought the rears will be putting on soon when they arrive.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:44 AM
tommypenguin
Drifting

Received 377 Likes on 187 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Ended up buying the fronts as well. I'm not ready to cast my vote yet but through a 100miles of driving. Stopping has been comparable to my hawk pads as before, however the major difference is there has been no squeaking. Thank god!

For the first time since I purchased my Corvette I don't have squealing brakes. I have tried hawk HPS pads, hawk ceramic pads, and advanced auto ceramic pads on the rotors that came with the car, not sure what brand the rotors are. None of those pad combinations resulted in quiet braking.

Assuming nothing changes I will give my overwhelming endorsement for brakemotive's products.

Last edited by tommypenguin; 04-22-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:00 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Default hear ya

Originally Posted by tommypenguin
Ended up buying the fronts as well. I'm not ready to cast my vote yet but through a 100miles of driving. Stopping has been comparable to my hawk pads as before, however the major difference is there has been no squeaking. Thank god!

For the first time since I purchase my Corvette I don't have squealing brakes. I have tried hawk HPS pads, hawk ceramic pads, and advanced auto ceramic pads on the rotors that came with the car, not sure what brand the rotors are. None of those pad combinations resulted in quite braking.

Assuming nothing changes I will give my overwhelming endorsement for brakemotive's products.
I hear ya. Oh have had them on the front of my corvette coming up on a year now. 3000-5000 miles later. No issues. I am skeptical hence why I only got the fronts. I have always been a " you get what you pay for" when it comes to brakes. I saw the overwhelming positive reviews and figured what the hell. I have been pleasantly surprised. Great product at an excellent price. I'll be getting the tears very soon.

Last edited by XtremeVette; 04-22-2015 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:24 PM
ZigZag
Burning Brakes

Received 140 Likes on 116 Posts

Did all four wheels at one time and have been very pleased. Rotors look great, brakes stopping power is very good and no noise at all. So impressed I bought a full set for my GTO.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:45 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeVette
...I'll be getting the tears very soon.
No need to get emotional!
Old 04-22-2015, 10:04 PM
HT1663WB
Melting Slicks

Received 138 Likes on 76 Posts

I know it's not a Corvette but I bought a set for my Charger SRT 8 and within a week they warped. I contacted BrakeMotive and they sent me a second set. Second set did the same thing. Maybe it's just the large Brembo brakes on the SRT 8 but I can tell you, I would never put them on my C5 Z06.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 PM
striper
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by HT1663WB
I know it's not a Corvette but I bought a set for my Charger SRT 8 and within a week they warped. I contacted BrakeMotive and they sent me a second set. Second set did the same thing. Maybe it's just the large Brembo brakes on the SRT 8 but I can tell you, I would never put them on my C5 Z06.
I have no idea why you would have problems with two sets of rotors, but I have their full set on my C5 Z06 for about three years now with absolutely no problems. Even the plating is as new. I don't drive very easy on my brakes, especially considering NJ traffic, and my car is almost a daily driver.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:00 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

Bought the slotted only rotors here over 3 years ago, have put over 25K on them and they have been great. Stop fine in any situation, dust is minor and brown not black like OEM. I drive my '04Z pretty hard at times and use the brakes hard, I'd buy them again in a heartbeat....

Get notified of new replies

To Review for brakemotive drilled and slotted rotors?

Old 04-23-2015, 12:48 AM
rjwz28
Safety Car

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
Bought the slotted only rotors here over 3 years ago, have put over 25K on them and they have been great. Stop fine in any situation, dust is minor and brown not black like OEM. I drive my '04Z pretty hard at times and use the brakes hard, I'd buy them again in a heartbeat....
Is this with the Brakemotive ceramic pads? Can you check your eBay history to let me know which part number you got, if so? There are two different part numbers listed as ceramic pads in their eBay store for our cars, and I want to make sure I get the one you're happy with if I decide to go that route.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:33 PM
soondg
Instructor

About 5 months since the last post and my brakes are doing very well. The hats did rust up a bit, but other than that they work great on the Vette. I just put them all around on my wife's Ford Edge and they really improved the stopping power. When I received the brakes for her vehicle I thought the front rotors weren't correct, called them, and they immediately sent out another set and a postage paid return label. No complaints from me.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:38 PM
striper
Le Mans Master

Well this is my third post on this thread. I don't remember how long they have been on but it's at least three years and I keep racking up mileage. The brakes are still working as good as when I first put them on. There is no rusting on shiny surfaces either, still look new thru my CCW spokes. I'm also going to put a set on my wife's Chevy Sonic. Even on a small car GM can't keep rotors from pulsing, they've been repaired three times since 2012 and the car only weighs 2700 lbs. The Vette's pads are only more than 1/2 worn.

Quick Reply: Review for brakemotive drilled and slotted rotors?