Sponsored by:

TPMS Receiver Access?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 06:11 PM
JGeezer
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TPMS Receiver Access?

All my TP sensors "died" at once, so I suspect the receiver. From what I can find, in my 2003 it's up over the LR wheel well, so I believe it's in this lump:

I cannot see how to get in there, however. Anybody know how to remove that panel?

JGeezer
2003 w/Corsa, Chip, Electronics implant
(plus an LS6 in my CTS-V)
Old 03-09-2015, 07:32 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

If your remotes still work, there's very little chance the receiver is the problem. Maybe they lost comm with the receiver, did you try reprogramming?
Old 03-09-2015, 10:25 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,303 Likes on 13,975 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

The attached file talks more about a 2000 C5, but it may give you some useful info.
Attached Files
Old 03-10-2015, 08:50 AM
JGeezer
Cruising

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
The attached file talks more about a 2000 C5, but it may give you some useful info.
Thnaks Vetteman!! For all you searchers who come upon this thread looking for the answer, the second ref in that doc:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-reciever.html

had the money quote:

... one step is missing from every post on the subject, how to remove the plastic cover. Get yourself a utility knife. It's the only tool you need. Behind the driver seat, there is a plastic trim piece on the underside of the upper deck. You will see a bulge about the size of a deck of cards, this is where the receiver is located. Pull out the carpet from around the speaker and the rear section. The plastic trim is held on with double stick tape.

Take your utility knife and gently cut the tape. I cut back about 16 inches. This will give you enough room to access the receiver. The receiver simply clips in. Reach up behind the receiver (the outside edge) and push in on the plastic clip. Then pull down. You can now easily pull out the receiver, unplug the wire connector and replace with your new receiver. You will need a bit of new double stick tape to get the plastic back in place.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:04 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

Before you just start accessing the RFA so you can just look at it, answer 65GGverts questions and also pull your DIC codes from the dash, not an auto store scanner. If you need help on pulling the codes let us know. You are flying blind now.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:34 AM
73Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 374 Posts

To dadaroo listen you must!
Old 03-10-2015, 12:51 PM
JGeezer
Cruising

Originally Posted by 73Corvette
To dadaroo listen you must!
Pull the codes, will I
Old 03-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Lee DeRaud
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
If your remotes still work, there's very little chance the receiver is the problem. Maybe they lost comm with the receiver, did you try reprogramming?
One tidbit from the 2004 FSM:
"Loss of, or low system battery voltage will cause all of the sensor ID codes to be erased from the RCDLR's [receiver] memory and set all 4 sensor DTCs."
(I don't recall having to reprogram the TPMS sensors after replacing the battery, but so it goes.)
Old 03-10-2015, 07:53 PM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud
One tidbit from the 2004 FSM:
"Loss of, or low system battery voltage will cause all of the sensor ID codes to be erased from the RCDLR's [receiver] memory and set all 4 sensor DTCs."
(I don't recall having to reprogram the TPMS sensors after replacing the battery, but so it goes.)
....definitely not, but I do recall having to reprogram the key fobs.
Old 03-11-2015, 10:44 AM
JGeezer
Cruising

Originally Posted by dadaroo
Before you just start accessing the RFA so you can just look at it, answer 65GGverts questions and also pull your DIC codes from the dash, not an auto store scanner. If you need help on pulling the codes let us know. You are flying blind now.

OK, so I found about every freaking code I can imagine being related, but every one was flagged the historical "H".

Under B0-RFA - Remote Function Actuation:

C2100 Left Front TPM Sensor Malfunction
C2105 Right Front TPM Sensor Malfunction
C2110 Right Rear TPM Sensor Malfunction
C2115 Left Rear TPM Sensor Malfunction
U1000 Loss of Communication Undetermined

Under sections other than RFA I found:

U1016 Loss of Communication with PCM
U1064 Loss of Communication with BCM
U1096 Loss of Communication with IPC

So what's the rule on the "H" flag? You can totally ignore these codes?

I did try something else, though - I have eight wheels for Precious, and I tried one from the other set. Grrr, got a beep. It may be that my sensors are just past their lifespan, I guess I should just bite the bullet and replace them.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:10 AM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts

History H codes are important and you should keep a record of them and see if they come back.

Remember most codes will go to H once you turn the ignition OFF.

Clear all of these codes and go for a drive to try and activate the tire sensors since they only work at speed and shut off if stopped for a few minutes. This is to save battery life in the sensors.

Then, pull your codes again BEFORE you turn the ignition OFF.

Let us know what you get.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:28 AM
JGeezer
Cruising

Originally Posted by dadaroo
History H codes are important and you should keep a record of them and see if they come back.

Remember most codes will go to H once you turn the ignition OFF.

Clear all of these codes and go for a drive to try and activate the tire sensors since they only work at speed and shut off if stopped for a few minutes. This is to save battery life in the sensors.

Then, pull your codes again BEFORE you turn the ignition OFF.

Let us know what you get.
Connecticut is not in season for me Precious right now, off the ground in the shop for winter projects. I may have to wait for actual spring to sort this out!
Old 03-15-2015, 12:41 AM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Received 451 Likes on 253 Posts

So what do these 3 codes mean?
U1016 Loss of Communication with PCM
U1064 Loss of Communication with BCM
U1096 Loss of Communication with IPC

2000 Vert...

I have no problem with my remote FOB and all my wheel sensors are working....these 3 come back every time after a drive or 2, but everything works...
Old 03-15-2015, 10:53 AM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Which control module are the Uxxxx codes listed under???? RFA??? IPC???? Are they all listed under the same module???? They can be listed under more than one module and it makes a difference.

Loss of communications means that the signaling that takes place over the serial data buss between sensors and controllers is experiencing problems. Several possible causes for this. Need more specifics about your codes and controllers that are reporting the codes to provide additional info.
These are all from the RFA...everything works...the TPMS and the Fob. But I have these 3 codes in the RFA. My system is original and has not been upgraded. I have cleared them but they always eventually come back.
Thanks!

Jim
Old 03-15-2015, 09:12 PM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

ttt
Old 03-15-2015, 10:44 PM
jdvann
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
Since the codes are limited to the RFA I suggest it has to do with wiring to that device. There is a ground through SP208 and G104 that may need to be serviced. See the following links about grounds:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...locations.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...tion-long.html Post #1

If that doesn't resolve the issue then I would inspect the connector to the RFA. There have been previous threads on the Forum about breaks in the wires that go to the connector for the RFA. Intermittant electrical connectivity is the most likely cause of the codes you get.

Worst case, and that is highly unlikely, the RFA is bad. These devices seldom fail completely.

Essentially your RFA has bouts of not being able to communicate over the serial data buss and hence the codes.
Thank you...I will investigate and post what I find....

Jim
Old 03-03-2017, 09:46 AM
earlyseventy6
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tpms

Im not getting tire pressure readings on my DIC display for my 2000 Vert. Only one of my key fobs are working properly. (Ordered a new one) My driver side door lock will NOT unlock, but will lock with my one key fob. The passenger door works fine both ways. Im confused on which way to go first. Any suggestions to get my two issues working again and what order to I start first? Thanks, Matt

Last edited by earlyseventy6; 03-03-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To TPMS Receiver Access?

Old 03-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by earlyseventy6
Im not getting tire pressure readings on my DIC display for my 2000 Vert. Only one of my key fobs are working properly. (Ordered a new one) My driver side door lock will NOT unlock, but will lock with my one key fob. The passenger door works fine both ways. Im confused on which way to go first. Any suggestions to get my two issues working again and what order to I start first? Thanks, Matt
Like most issues, pull your codes and post them in a new thread.

The following users liked this post:
earlyseventy6 (03-03-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 04:36 PM
earlyseventy6
Advanced

I just received a "rebuilt" key fob from ebay and it will not program to the car. I tried a new battery as well. Emailed the guy i bought it from for exchange and will probably just buy a new one. I did pull the codes and only got 2, both were from the battery replacement B2284 and B2285. Will wait till i get new key fob to see if it will program to car. Thanks again.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:15 PM
earlyseventy6
Advanced

OK, after trying again, the 2nd Keyfob finally programmed to the car, it took twice as long to match (30 secs) but it the DIC did say " second Fob programmed" after doing the first one again. Now, i went to hit the "unlock" button and nothing, lock button, nothing.( Still the first keyfob works fine) so i held the lock and unlock button at the same time and walked around car and the car beeped twice, great! unlocks and locks finally...till i walk away out of the garage, then the keyfob goes dead again, nothing. What is the cause? i can hold the lock and unlock button when i get back in garage and it takes ,but as soon as walk away more than 20 feet i lose it again..

Quick Reply: TPMS Receiver Access?