Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

The car looks excellent!
Old 03-31-2015, 11:51 AM
Revolver ZSTi
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

Big thanks for the great compliments guys, really much appreciated

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Car looks really good, just hope you don't have any problems with the front splitter. Sure looks very low to the ground.
thanks man, The only problem really are driveways, but i just take my time sideways and to remember that I am driving a lowered car

Originally Posted by garline14
Awesome Z, nicely done! I think a spoiler would go good with your splitter and side skirts..but thats just me!
me and my buddies are actually planning on making a custom carbon fiber wing. Its going to be like a mini drag style wing, but i dont know if i want to go thru all the hassle. I might just pick up brand wing/spoiler,

which do you guys recommend?
Old 03-31-2015, 12:05 PM
mstromquist
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,893 Likes on 1,679 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Winner

Can't beat a shiney black Z. Car looks great. Does the front splitter cause any heating issues for the radiator? I noticed that the front is blocked off a bit more with it on there.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:43 PM
yaknow
Le Mans Master

Received 227 Likes on 156 Posts

fabulous looking ride, a real head turner
Old 03-31-2015, 10:46 PM
dopefedz
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Car looks sharp. I wanted that splitter but it would be destroyed in a day.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:21 PM
Revolver ZSTi
Racer

thanks for all the compliments

Originally Posted by mstromquist
Can't beat a shiney black Z. Car looks great. Does the front splitter cause any heating issues for the radiator? I noticed that the front is blocked off a bit more with it on there.
when black is cleaned up, no other color shine likes it on a any car, thanks man

with how low the car is yes it will def effect the air going to the radiator, with that said having a splitter will make it alot worse which could cause it to run hotter than normal

but i made i custom air duck/vent that makes the two big rectangular vent/opening for the fog lights functional to direct air into the radiator, i will make a thread about it later tonight and i will like it here

Originally Posted by yaknow
fabulous looking ride, a real head turner
thanks man

Originally Posted by dopefedz
Car looks sharp. I wanted that splitter but it would be destroyed in a day.
thanks man, aslong you dont forget you have it on and be patient you wont have a problem
Old 03-31-2015, 11:25 PM
garline14
Pro

Received 163 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Revolver ZSTi
Big thanks for the great compliments guys, really much appreciated

thanks man, The only problem really are driveways, but i just take my time sideways and to remember that I am driving a lowered car

me and my buddies are actually planning on making a custom carbon fiber wing. Its going to be like a mini drag style wing, but i dont know if i want to go thru all the hassle. I might just pick up brand wing/spoiler,

which do you guys recommend?
Well you are right...planning something custom always takes time and a lot of work, but the end result could be very satisfying. I personally have a ZR1 Carbon Fiber spoiler on order which I bought from C7 Carbon. This is going on my Black C5 Coupe. Eventually I'll add the side skirts and and front splitter. It took a while for me to finally pull the trigger, but I talked with a forum member who sent me plenty pics of the spoiler installed on his Black coupe and it helped with my decision. Corvette Creationz has some nice carbon fiber spoilers to, carbon fiber and black go good together!
Old 03-31-2015, 11:27 PM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts

looks really nice man

im not sure what it is with these CCW classics, you see a photo of them off the car and youd think , "meh" , then you see them on the car and its like "woahhhhhh"
Old 04-01-2015, 12:28 AM
Revolver ZSTi
Racer

Originally Posted by mstromquist
here you go man
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...unctional.html

Originally Posted by garline14
Well you are right...planning something custom always takes time and a lot of work, but the end result could be very satisfying. I personally have a ZR1 Carbon Fiber spoiler on order which I bought from C7 Carbon. This is going on my Black C5 Coupe. Eventually I'll add the side skirts and and front splitter. It took a while for me to finally pull the trigger, but I talked with a forum member who sent me plenty pics of the spoiler installed on his Black coupe and it helped with my decision. Corvette Creationz has some nice carbon fiber spoilers to, carbon fiber and black go good together!
yup, coming up with the design is the hardest part of custom work, making the piece is not very hard at all, those are nice looking spoiler its subtle yet looks aggressive and makes the difference, i am eyeing a few spoiler out there, i like the SLP one but dont know yet, corvette creationz makes great stuff and so do C7carbon big thanks to those two

Originally Posted by 1Willy1
looks really nice man

im not sure what it is with these CCW classics, you see a photo of them off the car and youd think , "meh" , then you see them on the car and its like "woahhhhhh"

thanks man

haha yea they are timeless wheels, they live up to their name, these classic have been on this car since 2005
Old 04-01-2015, 01:32 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

get something like this

Old 04-01-2015, 09:30 AM
funnyguyMI
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice ride!

What size rims/tires?
Old 04-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Revolver ZSTi
Racer

Originally Posted by Chicago1
get something like this

[IMG]https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/820x544/80-1230tires_d46c0bcd62a560f76e7aa76043d3d1 74cb2ff248.jpg

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/600x1800/80-comp2_e86ae47d115fd2151048a9c9a516828aa8 860765.jpg
i was looking into that, but that side thing sticking out like that is turning me off, i need to see it inperson but it looks great on that car

Originally Posted by funnyguyMI
Nice ride!

What size rims/tires?
thanks man

fronts 17x10.5 265/40/17 Toyo T1R Proxes

rears 18x11.5 345/35/18 Mickey Thompson ET-Street 2

Last edited by Revolver ZSTi; 04-01-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:23 PM
esemes
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

menacing looking. well done.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Maybe it's my eyes/pc but you don't have wide fenders do you? if not how did you get 345 under the rear?
Old 04-01-2015, 04:50 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,344 Likes on 1,095 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Willy1
......I'm not sure what it is with these CCW classics, you see a photo of them off the car and you'd think , "meh" , then you see them on the car and its like "woahhhhhh"

I had a set of them on my C-5, about 10-12 years ago. I not only had the anodized black centers, but mine were also black powder coated over that. I really liked them, but since mine isn't a Z06, I had the TPMS sensors in them, and I just couldn't keep the front ones secured in place, in the front wheels, so I reluctantly sold them......to someone with a Z06.

(at the time, the front sensors were only epoxied in place, in the dropped center of the rims....)
Old 04-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Sam Handwich
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

I may have said it on here before - but having a Corvette is like having a Barbie doll. There is almost no limit to the things one can do to personalize it and "make her special".

Now where did I put my flame-suit?
Old 04-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by Sam Handwich
I may have said it on here before - but having a Corvette is like having a Barbie doll. There is almost no limit to the things one can do to personalize it and "make her special".

So you modified a Barbie when you were a kid?...That explains some of your post... jk

Get notified of new replies

To changed up the Style on my black C5Z06

Old 04-01-2015, 07:40 PM
tommypenguin
Drifting

Received 377 Likes on 187 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

That looks incredible, hats off to the chef for tastefully modding the h*** out of that car.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Revolver ZSTi
Racer

thanks for all the compliments

Originally Posted by Chicago1
Maybe it's my eyes/pc but you don't have wide fenders do you? if not how did you get 345 under the rear?
yup they are stock rear fenders, however its mini-tubbed

photo off my instagram

and some bonus idle sound clip
https://instagram.com/p/yxheE-qpxc/?...by=livin_twice

Originally Posted by leadfoot4

I had a set of them on my C-5, about 10-12 years ago. I not only had the anodized black centers, but mine were also black powder coated over that. I really liked them, but since mine isn't a Z06, I had the TPMS sensors in them, and I just couldn't keep the front ones secured in place, in the front wheels, so I reluctantly sold them......to someone with a Z06.

(at the time, the front sensors were only epoxied in place, in the dropped center of the rims....)
get another ccw sets, classics for sure

Originally Posted by Sam Handwich

haha what weird comparison, but barbie is correct, we do call our cars ladies or name them with female names

Originally Posted by tommypenguin
That looks incredible, hats off to the chef for tastefully modding the h*** out of that car.
thanks man

Originally Posted by esemes
menacing looking. well done.
thanks
Old 04-02-2015, 12:03 AM
doublec4
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 24 Posts

What hood is that? Car looks mean!

Quick Reply: changed up the Style on my black C5Z06