Reinstall used Front corvette logo

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016, 07:31 AM
MrAcele
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Reinstall used Front corvette logo

Hello guys and girls.

I repainted my front bumper due to scratches, I removed pretty much everything from the bumper, including the front logo/decal.

How do I reinstall it the best way? its clean from the org glue/silicone now, One pin is half broken but iam sure it still does the work.

David
Old 03-11-2016, 10:12 AM
2FAS4UU
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts

...You will need to buy some two sided tape, preferably 3M, trace the pattern of emblem, cut it. Before removing any tape make sure that the emblem tape is slightly thinner than the emblem, fun part, center emblem tape on emblem and apply some masking tape to one end of both emblem and the two way tape (keeping it aligned) and peel back a portion the two way and apply to your emblem. Remove other side of tape and apply to nose of car !! Or you just buy another new emblem and put it on. Personally I would have had the holes filled for a smooth look while at the shop, but to each his own. Good luck...
By the way, the emblem two sided tape does not need to be one complete piece, it can be applied in segments !!

Last edited by 2FAS4UU; 03-11-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,305 Likes on 13,977 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

When I have re-installed emblems, I have attached enough double sided tape to cover the back side of the emblem and then used an exacto knife to trim the tape to fit the emblem. Then I get the emblem in the right position, remove the other side of the tape and affix it to the car.

When you place the emblem down on the car, do so lightly so if you need to make a slight alignment adjustment, the emblem will lift off without too much effort. Once you have it exactly where you want it, just press down to seat the tape.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:29 PM
MrAcele
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the input guys.

Offcourse i can buy a new one aswell, but they are hard to find in Sweden, and to order from US just for one piece is stupid :P
I will buy a piece of good quallity 3M, and use a scalpel

Thanks
Old 03-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by MrAcele
Thanks for the input guys.

Offcourse i can buy a new one aswell, but they are hard to find in Sweden, and to order from US just for one piece is stupid :P
I will buy a piece of good quallity 3M, and use a scalpel

Thanks
New ones are pretty pricey.

Buy the red 3M two sided tape and apply it while using an Xacto knife to trim the excess tape. Be sure the emblem is clean before applying the tape. Leave the side that will attach to the bumper with the red protector on and press evenly and fairly hard onto the emblem. Then clean the bumper , remove the red from the other side of the tape and press into place.

press pretty hard.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:33 PM
nzcars33
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

3M tape is a very good option but I have used clear silicone to reattach emblems and have had no problems at all, if you choose the silicone option it is very easy to adjust the emblem and easy to clean around just do not over apply, I have used the silicone on my front emblem and rear emblem and both have been on the car for several years and hundreds of car washes with no issues, I hope this helps.

Get notified of new replies

To Reinstall used Front corvette logo

Quick Reply: Reinstall used Front corvette logo