Sponsored by:

[Z06] Clear All Codes???

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 10:27 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Clear All Codes???

Does anyone know how to clear all the codes from the computer? I had a problem with a crimped hose which produced a code and I would would rather not take it to the dealer just to get the code cleared.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:22 AM
jerryv
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Clear All Codes??? (95jersey)

Get into diagnostics mode ...

Ignition on .. car may be running or not.
Press and HOLD Options, while pressing Fuel 4 times within 10 seconds
Watch the DIC .. it will cycle thru all the modules, showing codes for each.

Either let it finish cycling, or press any button other than E/M (this exits diags) to stop the automatic cycling and enter manual mode.

When it's displayed all the modules and codes, or after you've interrupted it by pressing another button, it will enter manual mode. In this mode, one button advances to the next module, one button goes back to the prior module, one button goes to the next code and another button goes back to the previous code. Can't remember without my cheat sheet which is which, but remember that the E/M button exits diagnostics, so the remaining 4 do the navigation. Just experiment.

To clear a code, navigate to it so that it's displayed, then press and hold Reset until it clears. Do this for any codes you want to remove.

Don't forget that if a code is displayed as 'current' (with a 'C') then it will probably recur next time you drive your car.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Clear All Codes???