Ebcm removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 03:54 PM
Rtorevell
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebcm removal

So I have a 99 vette cam headers 3k stall tunes
So I have the ebcm problem not sure what's going on and I'm banging my head trying to figure it out several people are telling me it's my ebcm..car wont launch or spin tires sits at 1800 rpm and that's it besides that car handles amazing so here's my guesting can I completely get rid of it bypass it? I just want front and rear brakes simple setup? How do I bypass it I don't care about abs strictly track and weekend warrior car want basic brakes to stop me without the problems what can I do? I just want to be able to do a burnout and launch the car on the brake.. to button don't do anything pulled all fuses and the abs lights don't even come on just messages

Last edited by Rtorevell; 01-16-2017 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:43 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

It's going to take a lot more knowledgeable guy than me, but I don't think you can. I think there's more to it than just what you mentioned. There recently was a thread about adapting the newer one for older cars, about 2 months ago.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:50 PM
feeder82
Melting Slicks

Received 981 Likes on 624 Posts

have you pulled the codes in the dic?
Old 01-16-2017, 06:10 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

why remove it?
Simply shut off traction control/active handling (center console button)
Old 01-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Rtorevell
Cruising

The button don't do anything at all I took out every fuse and even unplugged the ebcm and it does the exact same thing ? ... no I haven't pulled the codes I've only had the car for a couple days so I'm not sure how to but the codes from the different it just said check abs or something like that... I also unplugged a wheen sensor and drove it around and nothing happened no abs light or anything
Old 01-17-2017, 11:50 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

What you are saying about you EBTCM doesn't make any sense. If the system has an issue that results in a DTC/s the system goes into DEFAULT MODE (brakes with out electronic intervention) Just pulling the fuses will accomplish that. You remove the WSS/s. That for SURE will throw a DTC and put it in default mode. If you pulled the fuses, when you read the codes, you will most likely get a "NO COMMUNICATIONS" message with that module.

To be honest with you, You must have other issue if you cant do what you are trying launching the car.

Here are the fuses that you need to pull to completely kill the EBTCM.

ABS Max Fuse #62
ABS ELECT Max fuse #58
ABStrans fuse #6

Last edited by Bill Curlee; 01-17-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:21 AM
Rtorevell
Cruising

my problem is that i cant do a burn out or even brake the tires loose at any speed the traction controll button dont turn off or on nothing seems to be working properly i tract this car and sometimes weekend warrior. i had it tuned and all is good but still cant do a freaking burnout push brake in car goes to 1800 rpm thats all and also wont launch by holding th brake and giving it gas and i was told the ebcm is bad and thats what is causing this by my tuner told be this so what can i do to get rid of it do i have to tune it or can i do something re wire something etc to bypass it so it dont do anything like retard my timing set the brakes etc?? im literally losing my mind lol also what other issues would do this?? not allow me to do a burnout or launch the car

Last edited by Rtorevell; 01-19-2017 at 04:23 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:05 AM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Rtorevell
my problem is that i cant do a burn out or even brake the tires loose at any speed the traction controll button dont turn off or on nothing seems to be working properly i tract this car and sometimes weekend warrior. i had it tuned and all is good but still cant do a freaking burnout push brake in car goes to 1800 rpm thats all and also wont launch by holding th brake and giving it gas and i was told the ebcm is bad and thats what is causing this by my tuner told be this so what can i do to get rid of it do i have to tune it or can i do something re wire something etc to bypass it so it dont do anything like retard my timing set the brakes etc?? im literally losing my mind lol also what other issues would do this?? not allow me to do a burnout or launch the car
Your post is a duplicate and has been answered by :evil twin, Bill Curlee, 8vette7 and myself.

Last edited by runner140*; 01-19-2017 at 08:08 AM. Reason: add
Old 01-20-2017, 10:48 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by runner140*
Your post is a duplicate and has been answered by :evil twin, Bill Curlee, 8vette7 and myself.
How long have you owned the car? You have been answered by 3 of the most knowledgeable members of this forum. Maybe try contacting Paul Koerner at Jackson Chevy, in Middletown, Ct.
One aside, tho' I've repaired my own ebcm, I'm no expert. However, as a retired technology teacher I am having a hard time following your description. I respectfully suggest that placement of commas and periods in your statement would organize your thoughts and make it easier to understand.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:29 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

You stated: "So I have a 99 vette cam headers 3k stall tunes"

Then you stated: " i had it tuned and all is good but still cant do a freaking burnout push brake in car goes to 1800 rpm thats all and also wont launch by holding th brake and giving it gas

Are you POSITIVE that someone installed an aftermarket converter?????? Or are you relying on someones word that a 3000 stall speed converter is installed???

When the car is NOT rolling or the rear wheels are not moving faster than the front wheels OR if you have active handling ON and the car is NOT MOVING,,,,,,,,,,, THE EBTCM IS NOT DOING ANYTHING to prevent you from doing a burnout. If it was intervining, you would see a message in the DICs telling you that it was activating Traction Control or Active Handling. Antilock going active would cause the brake pedal to vibrate.

I dont think your Converter is working correctly or you have a OEM stall speed converter.

You stated that your tuner told you: " and thats what is causing this by my tuner told be this so what can i do to get rid of it "

HE IS WRONG! and NO it can NOT be tund out! PERIOD. You can NOT do any tuning or changes to the EBTCM. PERIOD!

Has you tuner removed the TORQUE MANAGEMENT Limits from the PCM that limits the amount that your throttle blade opens under high load low speed conditions?

Bill

Last edited by Bill Curlee; 01-21-2017 at 08:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
chasboy (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 08:42 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

TORQUE MANAGEMENT: When you go full throttle, the PCM DOES NOT allow the throttle blade to go full open until the car is moving and engine RPM increases.

This is GMs ABUSE MANAGEMENT program to prevent excessive torque being applied to the drivetrain. It is heavily applied to A4 equipped cars. If it not removed, good luck doing a burnout.

Bill
The following users liked this post:
Mickeyrx70 (01-22-2017)
Old 01-22-2017, 10:17 PM
mrr23
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Rtorevell
there is a safety built into the PCM when trying to footbrake the car. it's called trans abuse mode. even with the TCS turned off this is still active. i couldn't footbrake launch past 1200 rpms because of it. i borrowed my friend's hptuners and removed it. no issue now.

here's what it looks like. as you can see it cuts 50% power at 1200 rpms. 99% at 1600 rpms
Attached Images  

Last edited by mrr23; 01-22-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Ebcm removal

Quick Reply: Ebcm removal