Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Cipher CPA2009 Leather Suede Seats!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Joepro95
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Corbeau Evo x drop right in as well. I have taken 8 hour trips in them and not once missed the recline feature
The following users liked this post:
FYRARMS (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 09:28 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Do they have a green tint to them? It looks greenish compared to the other black plastic.
All that plastic is actually covered in genuine leather that Ive recently remoisturized. I haven't put anything on the seats yet hence the different shade
Old 03-03-2017, 09:31 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

Originally Posted by alxltd1
My Corbeau A4’s are mounted on the correct side, but I had to modify the Corbeau brackets to make it happen (link attached http://www.toquez06.com/corbeau.html click on the picture of the C5Z and go to the procedure he wrote on installing the Corbeau A4’s). They are installed with the C5 seat belts. They are snug against the tunnel but far enough back for me at 6’, 185 LBs and a 36” waist.

Having said that, I am still going to install the C6 belts and either the Cipher 2001 seats or the Braum Elite’s which look and are dimensionally almost the same as Tom's Cipher 2009’s he installed here.

I was going to opt for the Cipher 2001’s because they are narrower than the Cipher 2009 or the Braum Elite at the top. Because another forum member reported that he was having difficulty with the 2009’s as they were hitting the upper seat belt reel, and he had to modify the seat back. I did not want to go that route. But as Tom describes here that does not seem to be an issue. So I may go back to the Braum Elites as they have a color I really like, very similar to the Corbeau's currently in the car that I had recovered in leather.

Thanks for all the info Tom.
Those rewrapped corbeaus look sweet id keep them. Only thing you would gain is a more modern style seat.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:34 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

Originally Posted by Joepro95
Corbeau Evo x drop right in as well. I have taken 8 hour trips in them and not once missed the recline feature
I considered those but a few things if I didn't like the tilt angle you are stuck with it, I wanted grippy suede in the center, and I hate how corbeau is written everywhere
Old 03-03-2017, 10:17 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,236 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperTom
if I didn't like the tilt angle you are stuck with it

t1fudd (10-18-2019)
Old 03-04-2017, 08:02 AM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Those rewrapped corbeaus look sweet id keep them. Only thing you would gain is a more modern style seat.
The Corbeau's are OK but the seat bottom is extremely thin. I also very much like the faux carbon fiber seat back on the Braum's and the extra width at the shoulder bolsters. Also, I had Braum send me a color sample of their British Tan and it is almost an exact match to the color leather I did the Corbeau's in. The seats are currently out of stock but if Braum does not change the color as they did for their beige seats I will order them as soon as they are back in stock. That is if Pete at Corvette Creations doesn't get the rear fascia under consideration finished and available first!

Braum Elite in Bristish Tan

Last edited by alxltd1; 07-09-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:10 AM
SuperTom
Drifting

Originally Posted by FYRARMS

I get it your point I just like having the recline function. I like to keep instant detailer and stuff tucked behind the seats. Birds seem to **** on black cars more
Old 03-04-2017, 09:13 AM
SuperTom
Drifting

Originally Posted by alxltd1
The Corbeau's are OK but the seat bottom is extremely thin. I also very much like the faux carbon fiber seat back on the Braum's and the extra width at the shoulder bolsters. Also, I had Braum send me a color sample of their British Tan and it is almost an exact match to the color leather I did the Corbeau's in. The seats are currently out of stock but if Braum does not change the color as they did for their beige seats I will order them as soon as they are back in stock. That is if Pete at Corvette Creations doesn't get the rear fascia under consideration finished and available first!

Braum Elite in Bristish Tan

Yes I am interested in the rear bumper as well. Have to choose between that and finishing my doors with leather & suede centers. Will probably do finish the interior while its still cold. And should take some time for them to manufacture the bumpers. Good luck with the Braums its seems Cipher and Braum have some real winners on their hands as mine were backordered for a month due to the demand.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:15 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

If anyone is interested, the Corbeau RRS is the same seat, but only available in black w/black stitching. They do look amazing when re-stitched in leather and contrast stitching, though...
Attached Images   
Old 03-04-2017, 10:55 AM
danh52
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

If anyone is interested, the Corbeau RRS is the same seat, but only available in black w/black stitching. They do look amazing when re-stitched in leather and contrast stitching, though...
Those seats (the leather ones) look very nice but at what cost? If I wanted to spend $3000 on seats I would go with Caravaggio. In my case I don't know how long I will keep my corvette so a more modest price to improve the seats was my goal and these met that.

Last edited by danh52; 03-04-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:01 AM
95wht6spd
Le Mans Master

Received 271 Likes on 211 Posts

Yeah, doesn't Douible D Mods offer those redone in leather?
Old 03-04-2017, 11:55 AM
SuperTom
Drifting

Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Yeah, doesn't Douible D Mods offer those redone in leather?
http://shopddmods-com.3dcartstores.c...5C6_p_109.html
He has the corbeaus $2700.

Not questioning the work im sure its great. But at price point Id be considering a better base seat to work with like Recaros with a leather wrap
Old 03-04-2017, 02:43 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by danh52
If I wanted to spend $3000 on seats I would go with Caravaggio.
For $3000, there is no way I would use any seat that uses the OEM C5 base seat. Personally, I would opt for a Sparco, Recaro, Cobra, or similar offering.

No point in spending a ton of money to make a Pontiac Fiero look and perform like a Ferrari. Just buy the Ferrari.

SuperTom, your Ciphers look great. Keep us posted on how they hold up to normal wear. They seem like a great option for C5s!
Old 03-04-2017, 02:46 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Joepro95
Joe, how comfortable are they on the booty? I have heard some people claim the seat bottom cushion is pretty thin. I want a fixed-back seat for track use, but need something comfortable for street driving. The Evo X seems like the best option. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2017, 03:52 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

For $3000, there is no way I would use any seat that uses the OEM C5 base seat. Personally, I would opt for a Sparco, Recaro, Cobra, or similar offering.

No point in spending a ton of money to make a Pontiac Fiero look and perform like a Ferrari. Just buy the Ferrari.

SuperTom, your Ciphers look great. Keep us posted on how they hold up to normal wear. They seem like a great option for C5s!
Thanks I hope they hold up too as now Im starting to horde seats in my house. I have my Viper seats that I retrofitted and the Ebay seats.

Ive never had suede so I started my spraying it down with a UV/Weathproof protectant.
FYRARMS (03-04-2017)
Old 03-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Damn may have to get rid of the Corbeaus!!! Nice seats man!!
Old 03-05-2017, 09:10 PM
SuperTom
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chicago1
Damn may have to get rid of the Corbeaus!!! Nice seats man!!
Thanks cant wait to get my red thread in the mail to finish them off.

Gave a fresh coat of Zymol Leather conditioner it did a great job of darkening and enriching the black color since someone mentioned it looked off.

After it soaked in overnight the shine went away
FYRARMS (03-05-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Installed Cipher CPA2009 Leather Suede Seats!

Old 03-05-2017, 10:43 PM
hatewhatownsyou
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Just out of curiosity, have you happened to have corbeau a4's???
Would just like a same person comparison for comfort. Definitely look better, will be replacing once I finish up my flared fender fiasco
Old 03-06-2017, 09:28 AM
SuperTom
Drifting

Originally Posted by hatewhatownsyou
Would just like a same person comparison for comfort. Definitely look better, will be replacing once I finish up my flared fender fiasco
No but Ive sat in them before and drove.
Ive had, stock sport with DJmotorsports thick bottoms, Viper Seats, Cheaper Ebay Seats, and these Ciphers.

The Ciphers do feel a bit thicker in the bottom than the corbeaus for those who feel are too thin. Of course fresh foam will always feel better than older foam.

Actually the Cheap ebay seats were pretty good as well. Would have kept them if the recline area had a bit less flex. Again fresh foam is going to feel better than old foam.

There are ways to repuff old foam ive seen using a steamer may want to look into that.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:06 AM
alxltd1
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by hatewhatownsyou
No but Ive sat in them before and drove.
Ive had, stock sport with DJmotorsports thick bottoms, Viper Seats, Cheaper Ebay Seats, and these Ciphers.

The Ciphers do feel a bit thicker in the bottom than the corbeaus for those who feel are too thin. Of course fresh foam will always feel better than older foam.

Actually the Cheap ebay seats were pretty good as well. Would have kept them if the recline area had a bit less flex. Again fresh foam is going to feel better than old foam.

There are ways to repuff old foam ive seen using a steamer may want to look into that.
I have recovered Corbeau A4's now and will be replacing with either the Braum or Cipher seats. My A4's bottoms are very thin and mine had the shaved base. Once replaced I will give a comparison one to the other.

Last edited by alxltd1; 03-06-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Installed Cipher CPA2009 Leather Suede Seats!