Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry Car Wash

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 01:08 PM
garline14
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 88 Posts

When my car was my daily driver, I would hand wash very often and use Zaino a few times during the year. Zaino is a great product, provides great shine and protection, good price, and easy to apply. If my car was still my daily I'd still be using it. My car is only driven on nice days now, it stays covered and clean at all times. I wanted something easier and quicker and also more of a 1 step process to clean and detail my car. So I started using Chadwicks mainly because of the reviews and recommendations on here! Great product but the downside is that it is more expensive than similar products. The buffer blok works really good, similar to clay barring as it helps clean and smooth out the paint. It cleans well and seems to provide a great shine. It will cost over 80$ after tax and shipping, which is why I decided to give Meguiar's Wash and Wax a try!!

I can honsetly say that I am more than happy with Meguiar's Waterless Wash and Wax! 8 bucks on Amazon, and so far it seems to be as good as Chadicks! The process is the same, spray on, let sit 5-10 seconds, wipe off! I always use 2 or more microfiber towels, it helps to make sure all the product is wiped off. These spray detailers/ waterless car washes arent meant to clean really filthy,dirty, and grimey vehicles. I would think it would be best to hand wash at that point, but if your car is a garage queen or just doesnt get dirty enough that a hand wash is required, then a product like Meguiar's will do the job. From now on I will be sticking with Meguiar's, great results at a great price.
The following 2 users liked this post by garline14:
3tt3v8P (04-30-2017), v8srfun (04-24-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 02:11 PM
WhoIsPat
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by v8srfun
Originally Posted by REDHOTS
After trying the Meguiar's waterless wash I decided to change my procedure. Although it worked ok, I thought there was way too much drag/friction cleaning just dust off a freshly waxed car. So what I will do from now on is in addition to the waterless wash I will also use a gallon of pure waters too. I have unlimited access to RO water, or you could use a $1 gallon of distilled water instead. I just add a little waterless wash to the water, spray the car with the waterless, and use a really wet MF towel to wipe it down, and wipe it dry one a panel at a time. Works so much better IMO, and you use less product too.
You are watering down the lubricant that protects your paint from scratches this may seem like a good idea but you are doing more harm than good.
Agree with V8s, you are using a rinseless wash protocol with a waterless wash product. For your workflow, Meguiar's Rinse Free Express (D11501) or Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax (ONRWW) would be a better choice than Meguiar's Waterless (G3626). You can use ONRWW at different dilution ratios for different purposes, the ratios listed on the bottle are optimal. Using RO or distilled water definitely improves performance of these products.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:44 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by garline14
When my car was my daily driver, I would hand wash very often and use Zaino a few times during the year. Zaino is a great product, provides great shine and protection, good price, and easy to apply. If my car was still my daily I'd still be using it. My car is only driven on nice days now, it stays covered and clean at all times. I wanted something easier and quicker and also more of a 1 step process to clean and detail my car. So I started using Chadwicks mainly because of the reviews and recommendations on here! Great product but the downside is that it is more expensive than similar products. The buffer blok works really good, similar to clay barring as it helps clean and smooth out the paint. It cleans well and seems to provide a great shine. It will cost over 80$ after tax and shipping, which is why I decided to give Meguiar's Wash and Wax a try!!

I can honsetly say that I am more than happy with Meguiar's Waterless Wash and Wax! 8 bucks on Amazon, and so far it seems to be as good as Chadicks! The process is the same, spray on, let sit 5-10 seconds, wipe off! I always use 2 or more microfiber towels, it helps to make sure all the product is wiped off. These spray detailers/ waterless car washes arent meant to clean really filthy,dirty, and grimey vehicles. I would think it would be best to hand wash at that point, but if your car is a garage queen or just doesnt get dirty enough that a hand wash is required, then a product like Meguiar's will do the job. From now on I will be sticking with Meguiar's, great results at a great price.
As a previous Chadwicks user I do believe Meguiars Waterless Wash and Wax has won me over.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:58 PM
REDHOTS
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

You are watering down the lubricant that protects your paint from scratches this may seem like a good idea but you are doing more harm than good.
It is a lot less pressure on the dirt just adding a little more pure water, which is a lubricant in itself. Try it and you will see and feel the difference.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:15 PM
skar
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by the kid C6
I love this stuff. I think I'm on my fourth bottle.
Meguiars G3626 Ultimate Wash

I got a bottle seems to work fine .
Use lots of micro cloths .

Last edited by skar; 04-27-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:47 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

After trying the Meguiar's waterless wash I decided to change my procedure. Although it worked ok, I thought there was way too much drag/friction cleaning just dust off a freshly waxed car.
If I feel (or hear) any drag with the MF cloth, I know I haven't used enough product. I use one spray directly on the cloth to prime it, and generously spray the car. It doesn't cost that much.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Ruger Brian
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If you would have asked me 2 weeks ago about using a waterless cleaner - my response would have been heavy laughter... however, I decided to give Meguiar's Waterless a go ($13 @ local parts store)...after all, I regularly use a California Duster anyway so what the heck right? Between the Cali Duster and the Waterless, I should be down to primer by this time next year for sure huh? LOL

Probably water wash 1x within the next 12 months and that's just prior to a hand caranuba application.

Hard to believe I'll actually recommend this Meguiar waterless wash for convenience AND results (rinse any sand/dirt/mud first tho - common sense applies here). CLEAN quality towels - 2 to start, 2 to finish - Vette should use 4 towels total then throw them into the wash. Hit the rims too - at the end.

Not the best pic but here's a quickie..

Old 04-29-2017, 05:15 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

It is a lot less pressure on the dirt just adding a little more pure water, which is a lubricant in itself. Try it and you will see and feel the difference.
Pinnacle makes a waterless wash concentrate that you mix yourself (they also sell a 36-oz detail spray bottle). That might be to your liking, you can add extra water to customize it.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:05 PM
v8srfun
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

So I tried this it was raining so I backed the car out and let it soak up some moisture then pulled it back in and gave this a test. I will say I feel that water does not help I used exclusively more wash and did not end up with better results. Matter of a fact the mf felt like it drug across the paint instead of gliding. I will stick to a dry car and waterless wash.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:05 PM
REDHOTS
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

So I tried this it was raining so I backed the car out and let it soak up some moisture then pulled it back in and gave this a test. I will say I feel that water does not help I used exclusively more wash and did not end up with better results. Matter of a fact the mf felt like it drug across the paint instead of gliding. I will stick to a dry car and waterless wash.
Ok, but I would guess that 99% of the ingredients that most waterless products contain is just pure water, which even by itself is pretty good for cleaning almost anything.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:15 PM
AUandAG
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been using Chadwick's Triple Play for about 3 years and have been very happy....UNTIL NOW. I bought the gallon jug and apparently didn't use it fast enough as it is now growing black mold. It still works...(I filtered out the mold)...it just smells BAD. In fact, now I can smell it on the car. Consequently, I won't be buying any more Chadwick's!
The following 2 users liked this post by AUandAG:
3tt3v8P (04-30-2017), Cauhauna (05-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 09:41 PM
lonerider2002
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I have been using both Chadwicks & Meguires and I have to cast my vote for the Meguires--in fact, Amazon was out of it so I bought 10 bottles from Wallyworld just to be sure I have some for the "pollen season" and into summer.
Don't get me wrong, Chadwicks is some good stuff and I'll continue to use what I have on my wife's Lexus--but I can do my entire Vette including the C6 chrome wheels and glass in about 20 mins. and she shines, smells and feels so good when I'm done.
I do not take her out into the rain and she stays covered up and under my custom built carport( I wish I had a garage ) with a battery tender attached. In the 4 years I've owned her she has only been completely washed with water 3 times--followed by a claybar and high end wax.
Still shines better than when I first brought her home .
Old 04-29-2017, 10:06 PM
C5VetteKing
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

I am impress right now with the Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax, but I'm going to purchase the Chadwick's Triple Play when the Meguiars get low. We are serious proud owners of our Corvettes and it is important to keep these Corvettes looking great as our C5s are approaching the 20 year mark.
The following users liked this post:
Cauhauna (05-30-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 11:52 PM
TrackAire
Drifting

Received 489 Likes on 336 Posts

I've used the Meguiars wash and wax and like it....now on sale for $8.00 at my local Walmart. I've actually cut it in half with distilled water and it seems to work just as well.

I really like Chadwicks (shine seems deeper and last longer than Meguiars IMO) but I have to keep it in the fridge or it will get mold, and even then I have clumps of mold growing...kind of a PIA.

I understand what goes into most detail sprays but I'd really like to know what is in Chadwicks that allows it to go bad? Is it all natural with no petroleum in it? Does it have carnuba in it? Inquiring minds want to know....

Still liking the Uber Rinseless wash that I mix into my own detail spray and you can't beat it for shine and very low cost IMO.
Cauhauna (05-30-2017)
Old 04-30-2017, 11:25 AM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackAire
I've used the Meguiars wash and wax and like it....now on sale for $8.00 at my local Walmart. I've actually cut it in half with distilled water and it seems to work just as well.

I really like Chadwicks (shine seems deeper and last longer than Meguiars IMO) but I have to keep it in the fridge or it will get mold, and even then I have clumps of mold growing...kind of a PIA.

I understand what goes into most detail sprays but I'd really like to know what is in Chadwicks that allows it to go bad? Is it all natural with no petroleum in it? Does it have carnuba in it? Inquiring minds want to know....

Still liking the Uber Rinseless wash that I mix into my own detail spray and you can't beat it for shine and very low cost IMO.
Chadwick's is natural, no petroleum products, I have no problem with it going bad, buy it by the gallon and keep it in a cool place, only keep a small spray bottle in the car. many products go bad if not used in a certain amount of time !!! BTY it contains NO fillers as some so called expert suggests, The fact is it strips away all other junk and just leaves behind a protective coating of I think alien blood or something !! the more you use it (not to polish but to clean) the better the shine and protection !!!! I doubt the other spray detailers (or washes) do anything like Chadwick's !!!
Old 04-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Default You can call it what you want and create alterntive facts But....

All natural product.. = a vegitable based organic protien.. ORGANIC.... meaning it was alive. This plant based protein is the basis of the filler thats used in this product.. the reason it gets moldy is because it "IS" a plant based protien. It goes bad because it decomposes, becomes rancid smells bad. Much like leaving garbage out to rot when it becomes oxegenated.this plant based protein is very similar to the vegitable based protein Automotive tranmission fluid used by FORD... its not Petro based but vegitable based, its organoic structure work to "FILL and gaps in the seals of a Ford trnsmission.. ITS A FILLER designed for this pecific purpose... They say that its al l natural is certainly a correct statemnet but to say that it does not fill in depression is mislleading abd also pure bull ****.. For those who see and smell this stuff decomposing, go ahead and keep uning it... there is no mystery as tho why this happens, these vegitable baSED PROTEINs HAve BEEN around for decades.. its only been used for the last 15 years on the quick fix car finish products..
I know a few thing becaue Ive seen a few things
Old 04-30-2017, 09:59 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Petroleum is organic.

Get notified of new replies

To Dry Car Wash

Old 04-30-2017, 10:29 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,635 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
All natural product.. = a vegitable based organic protien.. ORGANIC.... meaning it was alive. This plant based protein is the basis of the filler thats used in this product.. the reason it gets moldy is because it "IS" a plant based protien. It goes bad because it decomposes, becomes rancid smells bad. Much like leaving garbage out to rot when it becomes oxegenated.this plant based protein is very similar to the vegitable based protein Automotive tranmission fluid used by FORD... its not Petro based but vegitable based, its organoic structure work to "FILL and gaps in the seals of a Ford trnsmission.. ITS A FILLER designed for this pecific purpose... They say that its al l natural is certainly a correct statemnet but to say that it does not fill in depression is mislleading abd also pure bull ****.. For those who see and smell this stuff decomposing, go ahead and keep uning it... there is no mystery as tho why this happens, these vegitable baSED PROTEINs HAve BEEN around for decades.. its only been used for the last 15 years on the quick fix car finish products..
I know a few thing becaue Ive seen a few things
That is not the only GARBAGE on this site !!!!

Last edited by Pounder; 04-30-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:56 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Default Clueless

Originally Posted by JR-01
Petroleum is organic.
oil products are defined into two categories, Perto based non organic and Organic Plant based organic Petro based products "
NEVER " DECOMPOSE" or turn into something else on their own... its only when exposed to high carbon atoms that their properties turn acidic... ...
Petro based products never turn into something else when oxegenated.Ot left exposed to the air. Not so with plant based orgnics which exhibit regeneration of organic orgnisms, ( mold ) and smell rancid... you will " never see a can of petro based products growing mold.
Ive come here with 40 years of experience on the engineering level and. have taught engineering to 4th and 5th years automotive engineering students... I come here after a very successful career with GM, ive taught thosands here.. many have moved on but there will always be a group of wanna Bees tryng to knock some one with far more experience, both educationally and with practical hands on skills... these wanna bees stand out like a sore thumb because they are clueless, and because the can on an internet forum... trying to be something they could never be, in a forum that has many wide eyes open neubies, who tell me all the time, they thought anyone with tenure here are experts on Corvette issues, Which is far from the case.. But over my 16 years here, these wannabe legends intheir own mind, have come and gone.. many inflicting serious damage to those seaking their advice, and took it from the wrong person. thats the reason why I say all the time, " be very careful who you listen to here in this forum" .You see, I know who they are and more importantly " they know I know.." which spoils their gig here. they spend alot of time saying nothing but making alot of noise..

I dont spend much time here any more, because I am too old and too sick.. but every once in a while I have to put my foot down. laugh at the laughable, and feel sorry for a few. who pretend to be somethingthey could nevwr be in real life. Its fairly easy to see who these people are.

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 05-01-2017 at 06:12 AM.
Cauhauna (05-30-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 07:05 AM
v8srfun
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
oil products are defined into two categories, Perto based non organic and Organic Plant based organic Petro based products "
NEVER " DECOMPOSE" or turn into something else on their own... its only when exposed to high carbon atoms that their properties turn acidic... ...
Petro based products never turn into something else when oxegenated.Ot left exposed to the air. Not so with plant based orgnics which exhibit regeneration of organic orgnisms, ( mold ) and smell rancid... you will " never see a can of petro based products growing mold.
Ive come here with 40 years of experience on the engineering level and. have taught engineering to 4th and 5th years automotive engineering students... I come here after a very successful career with GM, ive taught thosands here.. many have moved on but there will always be a group of wanna Bees tryng to knock some one with far more experience, both educationally and with practical hands on skills... these wanna bees stand out like a sore thumb because they are clueless, and because the can on an internet forum... trying to be something they could never be, in a forum that has many wide eyes open neubies, who tell me all the time, they thought anyone with tenure here are experts on Corvette issues, Which is far from the case.. But over my 16 years here, these wannabe legends intheir own mind, have come and gone.. many inflicting serious damage to those seaking their advice, and took it from the wrong person. thats the reason why I say all the time, " be very careful who you listen to here in this forum" .You see, I know who they are and more importantly " they know I know.." which spoils their gig here. they spend alot of time saying nothing but making alot of noise..

I dont spend much time here any more, because I am too old and too sick.. but every once in a while I have to put my foot down. laugh at the laughable, and feel sorry for a few. who pretend to be somethingthey could nevwr be in real life. Its fairly easy to see who these people are.
Yes you are extremely knowledgeable and you are well respected for your knowledge and your years of experience. But the reason that your advice is not always taken is you are quite arrogant and come off as the self proclaimed authority here. Even a person with as much knowledge and experience as you still does not know it all because it is not possible for any one person to know it all.
The following 5 users liked this post by v8srfun:
Fast Cars & Horses (05-01-2017), Pounder (05-01-2017), REDHOTS (05-01-2017), Travlee (05-01-2017), WhoIsPat (05-01-2017)

Quick Reply: Dry Car Wash