Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me rationalize through my C5

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 12:30 PM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Sounds to me with your baller status just keep it and buy the Gallardo too...
Old 06-02-2017, 02:21 PM
Stroker87
Melting Slicks

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts

i'd say non of the above! build out the garage make room for one more toy or find a nice place to store one of the cars parked in the garage you dont use that much

you have to ask yourself is cutting up the C5 really going to fill your need?

Last edited by Stroker87; 06-02-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:07 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

My question to you, is why you pine for a 98 Pace Car? That color combo is seriously hideous, IMO. Your current cpe. is a beautiful, well sorted car, and you have a new baller DD. If your lust for convertible is insatiable, maybe think about a Boxster, or even a Miata. Lots of open air driving fun for two different budgets.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:38 PM
CloudLS9
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by zeevette
My question to you, is why you pine for a 98 Pace Car? That color combo is seriously hideous, IMO. Your current cpe. is a beautiful, well sorted car, and you have a new baller DD. If your lust for convertible is insatiable, maybe think about a Boxster, or even a Miata. Lots of open air driving fun for two different budgets.
Both the Miata and Boxster are cars that often get a bad wrap due to stigma but their owners all love them anyway. I've never driven a Miata, but I've had two Boxster S's and loved them both dearly. I didn't care what anyone thought. Incredibly fun cars with incredible handling and steering feel. Something you have to experience to appreciate.

I came back to a Corvette as I was itching for some more power. I did really miss the Boxster during the few nice weeks of spring. Now that summer's getting on here in the south, it's going to be hotter than the blazes of hell for a while so I'm not missing the convertible again until the few nice weeks of fall.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:10 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

It gets hotter than hell in my little corner of WA, but it's very dry. The only time I think about 'verts is maybe Mar-May, and Oct-Nov., so not real practical for my monetary status. Right now, my spine won't even let me drive a car, let alone a man. trans., so if I can get my **** insurance to cover my needed surgery, I'm out of commission for a while. My entirely too brief experience with owning a GTI ('13) makes me look at Porsche differently. I now would like a CaymanS, but it's more likely going to be something domestic. My car craziness is on hold due to health issues. If I end up going out of pocket for my needed surgery(s) my life will change dramatically.

Last edited by zeevette; 06-02-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Help me rationalize through my C5