Old 05-19-2017, 08:57 AM
BAT
Le Mans Master

Received 1,257 Likes on 550 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Well, that escalated quickly.

I heard back from my neighbor. He liked the icy cold 12 pack and said he'd keep one cold for me, any time.
He went on to say it was just an automatic reaction to the "loud noise" and all was good.

You all carry on...
The following users liked this post:
friou (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 09:01 AM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,075 Likes on 2,045 Posts

Originally Posted by BAT

I heard back from my neighbor. He liked the icy cold 12 pack and said he'd keep one cold for me, any time.
He went on to say it was just an automatic reaction to the "loud noise" and all was good.

You all carry on...
Awesome. Sometimes people are having an off day for whatever reason and then they do or say things that they ordinarily wouldn't do or say. Plus he is most likely not a car guy because his automatic reaction would have been a thumbs up.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:02 AM
Elba Mike
Safety Car

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by C52002Vert
Well I scanned through this thread and first of all I don't post much, just sit back and learn. But I didn't see any one even mention the "LOUD" stereos in some of the cars that go by "shaking the windows". I do have a stereo in my car but I know enough that if you play it that loud, it not only annoys the neighbors but also hurts your own hearing. There I have said my piece and will await the flames that I can see on the horizon.
After pulling up to a motorcycle with a loud stereo, I had to issue a blanket apology for being a douche. I never realized, duh, how obnoxious it sounded in the car next to me. As has been noted, there'e a time and place for everything...
C52002Vert (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 AM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Originally Posted by PDCjonny
Amazing how simple basic consideration for others is a concept some cannot or are unwilling to grasp.
Some people enjoy having children (you know that they play and laugh and scream and run around), pets that bark, hobies that include building and driving modified cars, hot rods, Harley Davidson motorcycles, mowing their lawn, cutting and trimming trees and bushes with power tools, keeping their property clean with leaf blowers and edgers, cheering at sporting events, dribbling a basketball on their driveway while shooting baskets, etc, etc. So then I guess most people who do these things are inconsiderate? They OP was not breaking any laws, he was enjoying his passion. Did it occur to you that the finger flipper was in the wrong.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:14 AM
Elba Mike
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by Nyt_Muves
Snowflakes. Mistakenly think the constitution gives them the right to never be offended. The real world must be hell for the little pansies.
Hmmm, I'm not sure if you're winning at sarcasm or you're an honest to goodness douche bag.
Attached Images  
Old 05-19-2017, 09:46 AM
digi2t
Instructor

Received 139 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike98SilVert
So what you're saying is that Americans are immoral, unethical and and with little political freedoms. And that our Country is smail, crowded and offers little pyhsical freedom and that Canada is a far superior country to the USA and that there are many, many other countries that are superior to the USA, ("too many to list"). : rofl:
Well, do remember what you said about Karma? I think you just pissed off most of the members of this site and will have quite a few people disagreeing with you on here. So what makes you so much more moral and ethical than me? What gives you the right to judge me or my fellow Americans?

As with all things that "freedom" provides, you are free to interpret it any way you see fit.

On the other side of the coin, "freedom" also dictates that I am free to judge any way I see fit.

"Freedom" also dictates that people can agree, or disagree, with anything you, or I, may have to say. That is, as long as it doesn't impinge upon anyone's right to live in a peaceful state.

Believing that roaring through a quiet neighbourhood is a demonstration of your freedoms, is about as misguided as your interpretation of my statement. It's akin to the alcoholic that refuses to admit that they have a problem, regardless to how much personal carnage it causes to those around them.

Some people enjoy having children (you know that they play and laugh and scream and run around), pets that bark, hobies that include building and driving modified cars, hot rods, Harley Davidson motorcycles, mowing their lawn, cutting and trimming trees and bushes with power tools, keeping their property clean with leaf blowers and edgers, cheering at sporting events, dribbling a basketball on their driveway while shooting baskets, etc, etc. So then I guess most people who do these things are inconsiderate? They OP was not breaking any laws, he was enjoying his passion. Did it occur to you that the finger flipper was in the wrong.

This statement is wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin. Obviously you're confusing "purpose" with "hedonistic pursuit". You need professional help.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:57 AM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

So the criteria is if a law was broken? Apparently the concept of common sense is equally as lost on you as the concept of consideration for others.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:06 AM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Originally Posted by digi2t
As with all things that "freedom" provides, you are free to interpret it any way you see fit.

On the other side of the coin, "freedom" also dictates that I am free to judge any way I see fit.

"Freedom" also dictates that people can agree, or disagree, with anything you, or I, may have to say. That is, as long as it doesn't impinge upon anyone's right to live in a peaceful state.

Believing that roaring through a quiet neighbourhood is a demonstration of your freedoms, is about as misguided as your interpretation of my statement. It's akin to the alcoholic that refuses to admit that they have a problem, regardless to how much personal carnage it causes to those around them.

This statement is wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin. Obviously you're confusing "purpose" with "hedonistic pursuit". You need professional help.
He was driving at or below the speed limit in first gear but his car is loud.

Are you an American citizen? If not the keep your comments about our Country to yourself. You, like all LIBS, are twisting my comment and I predict that you will continue to.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:07 AM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Originally Posted by PDCjonny
So the criteria is if a law was broken? Apparently the concept of common sense is equally as lost on you as the concept of consideration for others.
The concept of reality is lost on you.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:23 AM
SPIVET
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I apologize for the possible thread hijack, but if I may,...

Canada, in fact, is the world's greatest country,... Please carry on.
canaDUH - where kooks live who have given up on life. GFY you -job lefTARD.
Mike98SilVert (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 10:24 AM
AnabolicZod
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Can we please just go back to talking about how much fun our Corvette's are?! lol
Old 05-19-2017, 10:25 AM
digi2t
Instructor

He was driving at or below the speed limit in first gear but his car is loud.

Are you an American citizen? If not the keep your comments about our Country to yourself. You, like all LIBS, are twisting my comment and I predict that you will continue to.

Grace: Oh, Ed. You just sounded like Dirty Harry just then.
Ed Rooney: Really? Thanks, Grace.

The concept of reality is lost on you.

Folks, the tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that when you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:26 AM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,071 Likes on 593 Posts

Hmmm, most Canadians I know are very polite folks. Maybe some one pissed in his Cheerios ,but my advice is if he believes Canada and Australia are the best countries in the world, so be it. I served with Aussies when I was in the Army and they were a bunch of great people! But like everywhere there are just some people that are clueless and nasty so I'd say, don't waste your time.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:50 AM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

"Freedom" also dictates that people can agree, or disagree, with anything you, or I, may have to say. That is, as long as it doesn't impinge upon anyone's right to live in a peaceful state. Get over it, it was a nice sounding V8.

Not at all like a drunk driver! He was cruising slowly through his own neighborhood to his house and passed a new renter who was having a bad day and probably didn't like the fact that someone was enjoying himself out for a cruise in his cool car. Carnage? how does that relate to driving slowly in his own neighborhood???

"As you see fit", spoken like a true pompous windbag.

WTF are you talking about LIB. The "statement" you say is wrong is a simple list of some every day occurances that make noise. Most of these things above that make noise are both purposeful and make people happy such as children and pets and even believe it or not, taking care of one's property, it give me pleasure to take care of my house, my property, and my cars, I take pride in this. Does that offend you in some way? Am I selfish, unevolved, materialistc, a capitalist (oh no), maybe I should share my stuff with the lazy, errr... I mean less fortunate. So get off your high horse, Lib. A car guy was enjoying the sound of his car that he spent some time and money on modding, BFD! Flipping someone off is wrong. You are the confused one!

Last edited by Mike98SilVert; 05-19-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:51 AM
Elba Mike
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '16

Originally Posted by Mike Campbell
Hmmm, most Canadians I know are very polite folks. Maybe some one pissed in his Cheerios ,but my advice is if he believes Canada and Australia are the best countries in the world, so be it. I served with Aussies when I was in the Army and they were a bunch of great people! But like everywhere there are just some people that are clueless and nasty so I'd say, don't waste your time.
Since this is a n00b, and Monk is missing....

Last edited by Elba Mike; 05-19-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:58 AM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Dakota Indians[/COLOR], passed on from generation to generation, says that when you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
EXACTLY
Old 05-19-2017, 11:01 AM
Elba Mike
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '16

Folks, the tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed on from generation to generation, says that when you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse. That's and old polack saying

Last edited by Elba Mike; 05-19-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Got my first middle finger

Old 05-19-2017, 11:10 AM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BAT

You all carry on...
I applaud you for your actions and effort to make things right. I wouldn't give that guy the time of day.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:23 AM
digi2t
Instructor

Originally Posted by Elba Mike
A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse. That's and old polack saying

Good one! Thanks for the wisdom.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:25 AM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner