Got my first middle finger

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 11:36 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by acuevo
Every prius with an Obama, Hillary or Sanders sticker on the back.

Seriously I'm not even going to entertain your question...
Because you have no answer that's not prejudiced.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:50 AM
dbgoodwin
Safety Car

Received 751 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by BAT
He went on to say it was just an automatic reaction to the "loud noise" and all was good.
I told you that it was because your car was an automatic! It was a reaction he has to loud automatics.

Seriously though, be careful with a guy like that. I've known a few people who snap react like that and have had to diffuse some very aggressive situations because of it.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:50 AM
acuevo
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
Because you have no answer that's not prejudiced.
LOL WAT? where do you see anything prejudiced in any post i've written?

here ya go: california, the most liberal state in the country, caused a big riot for our cars in the early 80s. thats why we don't have an 83 corvette. its also the reason for catalytic converters and emissions systems which destroyed horsepower and performance for about 2 decades. AGAIN i don't have a problem with these things but i believe performance cars should be exempt.

i see you live in jersey, as do i. did you know our wonderful state congress tried to pass a bill outlawing any and all modifications of cars? this would include things like stereos and stuff like the LMC5 that keeps our steering wheels from locking up. jersey is probably the THIRD most liberal state after NY.

but i guess you don't care about any of that since your profile says your car is bone stock. you don't care about the other vette owners who want to build up their cars. and like a typical liberal you call me racist when you run out of things to say, even though YOU have no facts to back THAT up.

cheers, dick.

edit: i realize emissions originated on a federal level. it was california that decided those weren't good enough and enforced stricter regulations, which were then adopted by several other states including NJ.

Last edited by acuevo; 05-19-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:58 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

LOL WAT? where do you see anything prejudiced in any post i've written?

here ya go: california, the most liberal state in the country, caused a big riot for our cars in the early 80s. thats why we don't have an 83 corvette. its also the reason for catalytic converters and emissions systems which destroyed horsepower and performance for about 2 decades. AGAIN i don't have a problem with these things but i believe performance cars should be exempt.

i see you live in jersey, as do i. did you know our wonderful state congress tried to pass a bill outlawing any and all modifications of cars? this would include things like stereos and stuff like the LMC5 that keeps our steering wheels from locking up. jersey is probably the THIRD most liberal state after NY.

but i guess you don't care about any of that since your profile says your car is bone stock. you don't care about the other vette owners who want to build up their cars. and like a typical liberal you call me racist when you run out of things to say, even though YOU have no facts to back THAT up.

cheers, dick.

edit: i realize emissions originated on a federal level. it was california that decided those weren't good enough and enforced stricter regulations, which were then adopted by several other states including NJ.
You simply prove my point. You first need to open a dictionary and read the definition of prejudiced. Then you pepper your statement with probably's. The profile you saw was for my first Corvette, not my current one, which I updated just for you. You then go onto assume knowledge of my political beliefs, which you know nothing about, and discussion of which does not belong on this thread. Vehicle emissions equipment started in the late 60's, so I have no idea what you are talking about. So, go ahead and have your last word, and call a fellow corvette lover, NJ resident and patriotic American, names, if that makes you happy.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:59 PM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 449er
Don't mind some noise but I am glad that I don't live near you with your attitude
Im glad too snowflake. It's raining out now or is that you?

Last edited by Dave concrete; 05-19-2017 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:23 PM
acuevo
Racer

You simply prove my point. You first need to open a dictionary and read the definition of prejudiced. Then you pepper your statement with probably's. The profile you saw was for my first Corvette, not my current one, which I updated just for you. You then go onto assume knowledge of my political beliefs, which you know nothing about, and discussion of which does not belong on this thread. Vehicle emissions equipment started in the late 60's, so I have no idea what you are talking about. So, go ahead and have your last word, and call a fellow corvette lover, NJ resident and patriotic American, names, if that makes you happy.
i'm not sure why you asked the question in the first place then. we're obviously not going to come to an understanding of one another.

Last edited by acuevo; 05-19-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:46 PM
v8srfun
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 123 Posts

I think the most of you would have to know me to understand the context of my statement. I am a very respectful person and do not drive like a *** in neighborhoods but when someone is so stupid that they can't tell the difference between speed and noise I don't care what they think of me or my actions. The problem is the same d bag that whipped the op off probably speeds in his neighborhood on a daily basis and I would bet money that he has also driven home drunk more than one time which is much worse than breaking the speed limit by a couple mph. So you can call me what ever you want because I guarantee I have been called much worse bye much more important people and still don't care.

The point is if you are a *** to me for no reason don't expect me to take it on the chin because you will get it right back.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:56 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by v8srfun
I think the most of you would have to know me to understand the context of my statement. I am a very respectful person and do not drive like a *** in neighborhoods but when someone is so stupid that they can't tell the difference between speed and noise I don't care what they think of me or my actions. The problem is the same d bag that whipped the op off probably speeds in his neighborhood on a daily basis and I would bet money that he has also driven home drunk more than one time which is much worse than breaking the speed limit by a couple mph. So you can call me what ever you want because I guarantee I have been called much worse bye much more important people and still don't care.

The point is if you are a *** to me for no reason don't expect me to take it on the chin because you will get it right back.
I think most comprehend the difference between noise and speed and neither one is acceptable in a peaceful neighborhood. It is a simple matter of consideration and decency. Something that there is an extreme shortage of these days.

I don't live by an airport, train tracks, racetrack, or concert venue for a reason.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:01 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

i'm not sure why you asked the question in the first place then. we're obviously not going to come to an understanding of one another.
your statements were all based on assumptions and opinions, very unfair ones at that. I'd love to come to an understanding without getting into the blame game. Do you really think the Russians, Chinese, isis or North Koreans care about Republicans or Democrats?
Old 05-19-2017, 07:08 PM
friou
Melting Slicks

Received 767 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by BAT
Well, that escalated quickly.

I heard back from my neighbor. He liked the icy cold 12 pack and said he'd keep one cold for me, any time.
He went on to say it was just an automatic reaction to the "loud noise" and all was good.

You all carry on...
Good deal! The best outcome! Take good care! PS: Just as an aside, a very long time, when I was a youngster, my father said to me "courtesy, consideration for others and good manners will always open doors for you through your life, being rude and exhibiting bad manners will slam shut those doors just as fast or faster". Its been my experience that particular piece of advice has proven very true and has opened many doors for me in my life that led to long and lasting friendships that otherwise might not have happened. Best wishes!

Last edited by friou; 05-19-2017 at 07:29 PM. Reason: add
Old 05-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Aerovette
I think most comprehend the difference between noise and speed and neither one is acceptable in a peaceful neighborhood. It is a simple matter of consideration and decency. Something that there is an extreme shortage of these days.

I don't live by an airport, train tracks, racetrack, or concert venue for a reason.
Good point, I live on a rural part of US1 here in FL, have railroad tracks 600' behind my house and a small airport 1 mi. directly behind me. I would still rather have all this noise than a close neighbor. I've lived in a deed restricted hood never again. All that said, if you live in and around one of these type neighborhoods you should be neighborly. JMHO
Old 05-19-2017, 07:22 PM
acuevo
Racer

your statements were all based on assumptions and opinions, very unfair ones at that. I'd love to come to an understanding without getting into the blame game. Do you really think the Russians, Chinese, isis or North Koreans care about Republicans or Democrats?
For someone who keeps pointing out where the politics are supposed to be you really are taking this to a new level.

The only assumptions I made were about you. Yes, emissions started in the 60s but what I said about the early 80s and California is true... sorry.

The bill in the NJ congress was true as well... again, sorry.

California, NY and NJ are widely accepted as some of the most liberal states in the country.

I get what you're saying about these other countries and how we shouldn't be squabbling here. But let the government take too much away and it will never stop. The government has too much power as it is.

Is this really happening? Wasn't this thread about exhaust? One comment really does it huh? I'll have to remember that next time.

Last edited by acuevo; 05-19-2017 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:04 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

For someone who keeps pointing out where the politics are supposed to be you really are taking this to a new level.
The only assumptions I made were about you. Yes, emissions started in the 60s but what I said about the early 80s and California is true... sorry.
The bill in the NJ congress was true as well... again, sorry.
California, NY and NJ are widely accepted as some of the most liberal states in the country.
I get what you're saying about these other countries and how we shouldn't be squabbling here. But let the government take too much away and it will never stop. The government has too much power as it is.
Is this really happening? Wasn't this thread about exhaust? One comment really does it huh? I'll have to remember that next time.
Yep, you made assumptions about me, mostly incorrect. I have absolutely no issues with anything you stated about emissions and the history of it's regulation. My references and objections were to your assumptions and judgement of someone you don't know. I asked for facts and you provided facts about emissions history. Just because there are many liberal people in a particular area doesn't mean that all liberals are bad, the same about conservatives.
California was choking on smog of it's own making and HAD to do something about it. I'm sure Conservatives in LA didn't like the daily smog any more than the Liberals.
The problem here, as I see it is the BLAME GAME. I don't like it because it's stupid. I don't want to go any further into philosophy.
I was a successful teacher in Elizabeth (which I'm sure you saw on my profile) for 36 years, partly because I learned that blaming, assumptions, name calling, intolerance and judgement of others is no way for people to live or work together productively.
I'm in Morris County and frequent lots of cruise nites and shows, especially Corvette. I don't know where you are, but maybe we can meet sometime and talk about important things like black rims vs. chrome.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:37 PM
acuevo
Racer

Yep, you made assumptions about me, mostly incorrect. I have absolutely no issues with anything you stated about emissions and the history of it's regulation. My references and objections were to your assumptions and judgement of someone you don't know. I asked for facts and you provided facts about emissions history. Just because there are many liberal people in a particular area doesn't mean that all liberals are bad, the same about conservatives.
California was choking on smog of it's own making and HAD to do something about it. I'm sure Conservatives in LA didn't like the daily smog any more than the Liberals.
The problem here, as I see it is the BLAME GAME. I don't like it because it's stupid. I don't want to go any further into philosophy.
I was a successful teacher in Elizabeth (which I'm sure you saw on my profile) for 36 years, partly because I learned that blaming, assumptions, name calling, intolerance and judgement of others is no way for people to live or work together productively.
I'm in Morris County and frequent lots of cruise nites and shows, especially Corvette. I don't know where you are, but maybe we can meet sometime and talk about important things like black rims vs. chrome.
You know its so funny I was just thinking in the shower "I don't know this guy, he could be a really cool dude for all i know".

I'm in Salem County by the bridge so its kind of far. Usually very busy with the family and what not, but PM me every now and then when you go to a show or something and I'll see what my schedule looks like.

Bet no one thought this was gonna go this way LOL.

Last edited by acuevo; 05-19-2017 at 08:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chasboy (05-19-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 08:42 PM
Joe Scafide
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 77 Posts

Default loud

your car should silent but deadly
Old 05-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
Good point, I live on a rural part of US1 here in FL, have railroad tracks 600' behind my house and a small airport 1 mi. directly behind me. I would still rather have all this noise than a close neighbor. I've lived in a deed restricted hood never again. All that said, if you live in and around one of these type neighborhoods you should be neighborly. JMHO

LOL, I can't tell which side of the fence you support.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:55 PM
GTs 58
Melting Slicks

Received 71 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike98SilVert
Some people enjoy having children (you know that they play and laugh and scream and run around), pets that bark, hobies that include building and driving modified cars, hot rods, Harley Davidson motorcycles, mowing their lawn, cutting and trimming trees and bushes with power tools, keeping their property clean with leaf blowers and edgers, cheering at sporting events, dribbling a basketball on their driveway while shooting baskets, etc, etc. So then I guess most people who do these things are inconsiderate? They OP was not breaking any laws, he was enjoying his passion. Did it occur to you that the finger flipper was in the wrong.
If the noise surpassed the legal decibel limit the OP was in the wrong. And if the noise was really excessive the finger was probably deserved. So that sums up the situation here. There sure have been an unbelievable amount of childish self centered replies to this thread and if the exhaust noise is off the legal scale and someone gives you the finger getting you all butt hurt, maybe try growing the ***** up.

Check out your local area and see what is legal and what is not. Where I live the limit is 86 dBA

3. Mufflers. No person shall operate or cause to operate any motor vehicle unless the exhaust system of such vehicle is: (2034)

(a) Free from defects which may affect sound level magnification; (2034)

(b) Equipped with a muffler; and (2034)

(c) Not modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the sound level emitted by the motor of such vehicle above that emitted by a muffler of the type originally installed on the vehicle as manufactured for initial sale. (2034)

Last edited by GTs 58; 05-19-2017 at 09:16 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Got my first middle finger

Old 05-19-2017, 08:57 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

You know its so funny I was just thinking in the shower "I don't know this guy, he could be a really cool dude for all i know".

I'm in Salem County by the bridge so its kind of far. Usually very busy with the family and what not, but PM me every now and then when you go to a show or something and I'll see what my schedule looks like.

Bet no one thought this was gonna go this way LOL.

That's a deal!
When I worked for DuPont I was down that way a lot.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:30 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Aerovette
LOL, I can't tell which side of the fence you support.
I live with Harley's going down US1 most weekends... no problem I know where I built my house. If I lived in my old neighborhood my expectations would be different. I moved for more freedom to do what I want at my house plus much more room.

I think I would expect a finger if I drove like that in my old hood, he did the right thing clearing the air. Neither act is worth holding a grudge over as it is no big deal....either way, really.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:36 AM
Nyt_Muves
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Elba Mike
Hmmm, I'm not sure if you're winning at sarcasm or you're an honest to goodness douche bag.
Maybe both. Depends on who you ask. The two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Lol.

Quick Reply: Got my first middle finger