Sponsored by:

HVAC issues..

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 10:35 PM
ianmcgee67179
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default HVAC issues..

Hey everyone. So I am having problems, with my HVAC system, it is not the problem I have read a lot about where one side blows cold and one is hot.....exactly. I have a 99 with dual climate controls, I have recharged the freon and checked for leaks as well checked the compressor. At the beginning it was blowing cold on one side and not on the other, but now has changed to just blowing all hot air. This initially has pushed me to think it is the blend doors that are bad, but also wondering how unlucky I have to be to have both actuators go bad so close in time to each other.
I pulled the Codes and I have 4 in the HVAC system area B0361H, B0363H, B0441HC, and B0446H. Those are "left actuator feedback short to Ground, left actuator feedback open, Left actuator out of range, and right actuator out of range." in order with the codes. So I figure with that as well that means the actuators are bad most likely.

I'm mostly writing and asking because I just want warm and fuzzies that someone has had these codes and replaced the blend doors and it fixed the issue.

So is this something has encountered, and was that the fix? before I go and rip the dash out! haha

Quick Reply: HVAC issues..