Opinions of Corvette Racing stripes

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 07:39 AM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,812 Likes on 1,925 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

Originally Posted by EZ2BEVILC5
Finished product. Let me know what you think. I personally love it, but I am ready to hear opinions and shenanigans:

Originally Posted by Murray Anderson
I disagree.... you finish it off with white lettering on the tires and those louvered tail light thingys and you really have something

It's a great example of a GS/Z06 C5.... rare too
Made me laugh... thanks.. funniest piece of sarcasm I've read in a long time... it's a shame he took it so far.. it was a beautiful car before the stripes and that licence plate sourround
Old 07-20-2017, 08:33 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Hello,

I am going to take the Vette in for racing stripes. I wanted to get opinions on doing the roof. I have both the painted and glass top. If I did the roof and switched to the glass top then only the small section on the T-Bar would have stripes.

What do you guys think looks better. The roof with or without stripes on the roof?

Thank you.......

While you're at it, make you you have the body side moldings in place too.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:40 AM
rhoyvald
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I like the stripes except for the GS fender stripes - otherwise nice job no matter what the 'Corvette Purists' say it's your car to do what you want with it. IMHO
Old 07-20-2017, 10:51 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,227 Likes on 874 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Phanni
While you're at it, make you you have the body side moldings in place too.
uh oh ...you are getting into dangerous territory when you talk about those clown shoe BSMs Sir...they are sacred to some folks here on the forum..
Old 07-20-2017, 11:55 AM
6speedsteve
Drifting

Received 486 Likes on 311 Posts

Finished product. Let me know what you think. I personally love it, but I am ready to hear opinions and shenanigans:

I think it looks fantastic, and you probably shouldn't ask for opinions because your suppose to build your car for YOU not others. All I would add is polished wheels & keep the stripe width & spacing of the full length stripes more proportioned to the fender stripes. I like it nice job.
The following users liked this post:
EZ2BEVILC5 (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 01:34 PM
EZ2BEVILC5
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Stripes

Originally Posted by Yello95
OK...you asked for it...heres what I think...Fantastic color, front and rear stripeswheels, tiger shark front, rear spoiler, A & A supercharger, Z06 airducts, Billy Boat exhausts, no BSMs,blacked out turn signals and rear/back up lightsexhaust plate & license plate surround ....fender stripes

Great looking Vette
Thank you...I really appreciate that....

Good eye on the exhaust....How did you know about the A&A supercharger?

Last edited by EZ2BEVILC5; 07-20-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

You are welcome...with one exception...no big deal >>>>the fender stripes, I love everything about that beautiful eye soothing blue color Vette you have ...its just my honest opinion...disregard the crappy comments about your choice of mods...some people hate the flared rear fenders saying that they look like a fat lady in squat butt position and some people do not like the swiss cheese looking rotors...some people even make fun of spider looking wheels...go figure ...peoples opinions vary but hypocrisy runs rampant with opinions...
Old 07-20-2017, 02:14 PM
EZ2BEVILC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
you asked for it. You took a beautiful car, added wonderful front and rear fascias, selected great wheels,and have a beautiful color. Then you destroyed it by adding those horrible stripes and that hidious licence plate surround. One stripe?.....maybe. but all those stripes turned a beautiful, tastefully done car into a clown car. You asked for opinion, Nothing ever sugar coated here. Such a beautiful car ,destroyed by overkill. You took extremely tasteful to extremely tearful. Nothing but tough love and honesty here. But then you asked for it. Apparently you like it, and that's all that counts.. if I liked it, I would have said so...
Bill aka ET
I think maybe that is a little harsh, but you are entitled to your opinion. Not everyone has the problem of also having a C6 the same color and wanting to further differentiate them....
Old 07-20-2017, 02:18 PM
EZ2BEVILC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rhoyvald
I like the stripes except for the GS fender stripes - otherwise nice job no matter what the 'Corvette Purists' say it's your car to do what you want with it. IMHO
The purists are usually old men with stock cars that drive 5MPH under the speed limit and only have sex missionary....
Volk2142 (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 02:33 PM
rhoyvald
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

The purists are usually old men with stock cars that drive 5MPH under the speed limit and only have sex missionary....
Old 07-20-2017, 03:57 PM
EZ2BEVILC5
Burning Brakes

Old 07-20-2017, 03:59 PM
EZ2BEVILC5
Burning Brakes

You are welcome...with one exception...no big deal >>>>the fender stripes, I love everything about that beautiful eye soothing blue color Vette you have ...its just my honest opinion...disregard the crappy comments about your choice of mods...some people hate the flared rear fenders saying that they look like a fat lady in squat butt position and some people do not like the swiss cheese looking rotors...some people even make fun of spider looking wheels...go figure ...peoples opinions vary but hypocrisy runs rampant with opinions...
Thank you...That is very accurate.....
Old 07-20-2017, 04:12 PM
Volk2142
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

I think it looks great, besides you do you lol Its your eye candy, no one else's
Old 07-20-2017, 04:19 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I think maybe that is a little harsh, but you are entitled to your opinion. Not everyone has the problem of also having a C6 the same color and wanting to further differentiate them....
I did not ask you to critique my opinion... I took the time to give you my honest opinion... I could have said I didn't like them and leave it at that... As a C5 designer, I do have a very qualified opinion... I also told you the car was beautiful but didn't like the stripes, or that license plate frame, which is what you asked. I didn't see a thank you from you for me taking the time for me to offer an honest and qualified opinion. You critiqued my opinion ONE THAT YOU ASKED FOR... then told me it was a little harsh... Next time when you ask for opinion, include the sentence " please tell me what I want to hear, because I can't handle " A Little harsh "
Bill aka ET
c5arlen (07-23-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

If I told you I would have to kill you...
Actually, I read your biography...and saw what you have done to your vehicle...its great sir!
Old 07-20-2017, 04:37 PM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Volk2142
I think it looks great, besides you do you lol Its your eye candy, no one else's
Man you little...I don't remember you telling me you tracked yours?...that's cool...

Dayem Taylor...

Last edited by Yello95; 07-20-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '03-'04

I didn't see in your request for opinion that Corvette purists should not offer an opinion and "THIS PART" <---
"Purists are usually old men with stock cars that drive 5MPH under the speed limit and only have sex missionary....:cheers"
Spoken by a true disrespectful child.

There was no need to attack anyone because you did not happen to like their opinion. You asked for an opinion, but true to your lack of maturity, you just could not accept an opinion that ruffled your bloomers.. I offered an honest opinion.. I should have lied to you and told you it looked great while others laugh at you behind your back... No Not everyone but those who think those stripes and that license place cover look hideous on such a beautiful car.. After all you did want to know what we thought..

OK I'm done here, you know what I think . next time, make sure you say you only want sugar coating because you cant handle the truth.

Bill

BTW.. on the sex missionary??? IM married 50 years to the same woman.. an extraordinary feat in this day and age... I happen to over hear my wife telling her girlfriends one day , what is the secret to your marriage to Bill.. her answer was " He has it where is counts "

Last edited by Evil-Twin; 07-20-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Opinions of Corvette Racing stripes

Old 07-20-2017, 05:06 PM
EZ2BEVILC5
Burning Brakes

Default Stripes

I just wanted to thank everyone that took the time out of their day to state their opinion whether it was to my liking or not.

The first part of the post was for those who read it was, should I do the roof or not? I really wasn't asking for opinions on stripes. I guess when I posted the finished product I asked for opinions. I guess I was really not prepared for the kinda feedback I got. I really appreciate the positive comments. I'm definitely not sensitive and can take comment's. I guess I was just expecting more objective criticism. Like the stripes cut up the body too much or make it look like a mustang, or Dodge. Or the Corvettes have too many curves for stripes. These kind of things make you think. I guess when you use the word opinion you open yourself up to people saying things like it looks stupid, ridiculous, you destroyed the cars. Yes these are opinions, but give you no useful information.

Anyway, I'm on here for fun and appreciate everyone that took the time to comment.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:19 PM
Volk2142
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Man you little...I don't remember you telling me you tracked yours?...that's cool...

Dayem Taylor...

I thought I did my bad lol
Old 08-10-2017, 08:07 PM
EZ2BEVILC5
Burning Brakes

Default Update

Update......

Due to the insightful opinions of people. I elected to re-do my rear license plate area. People didn't care for the rear license plate cover. I had just did the stripes and did't really have a chance to look it over well. Upon further examination. I came to agree it was a little too much. I guess that is why people ask for opinions. In this case the information was useful.

Quick Reply: Opinions of Corvette Racing stripes