Sponsored by:

[Z06] GHL Bullets still exist?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 11:02 PM
dave1234
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Default GHL Bullets still exist?

I am in the market for an exhaust for my C5Z.
I have been reading that a lot of people love the Corsa Extreme and GHL Bullets. I cant find these GHL bullets for sale. Are these the same as Billy boat Bullet? Or were they discontinued?
Looking for something that is more audible when accelerating than stock, hopefully has some popping on decel, and no drone

Thanks
Dave
Old 07-29-2017, 09:36 AM
nyg215
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought I read a while ago that they went out of business but I just saw RSD has them listed. They are not the same as B&B bullets, B&B drone! I have GHL on my car and they do not drone at all. IMO they are the best sounding C5 exhaust! Louder than stock at idle and cruise but not stupid loud then scream when you get on it.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:17 PM
nvusgt
Drifting

Received 238 Likes on 104 Posts

Hmm that's really interesting to see RSD have them. I added them to a cart to see if an inventory notice would come up and it didn't, so maybe they do have them?

Anywho the "original" GHL maker did stop production some time ago; until just now seeing RSD with them, the only way to get a set was to prowl the for sale section of several Corvette forums. The reason they don't come up often is because they're that good, perhaps not as loud as some may prefer, but the note is fantastic and legit zero drone.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:50 PM
Efx
Pro

Received 249 Likes on 124 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified

GHL bullets' comparable would be Corsa Xtreme and Borla ATAK that you can get new today.
Loud at WOT and no drone when cruising.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:33 AM
dave1234
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Efx
GHL bullets' comparable would be Corsa Xtreme and Borla ATAK that you can get new today.
Loud at WOT and no drone when cruising.
Thanks for the replies everyone

Dave
Old 08-04-2017, 01:38 PM
c10vortec
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just went through this process last week as I was going to purchase an exhaust. I also found that RSD had the GHL's on their website still. I tried to purchase them and the order would fail at the payment stage. I called their customer service and they said that they have been out of business for some time, but for some reason they haven't noted that anywhere or removed the product from their site.

I settled on the B&B PRT's because IMO they had the closest tone to what the GHL's had, but I don't believe they're quite as loud. I was hooked on the GHL's sound from Matt Farah's one take videos on youtube of his C5. They reminded me of the best sounding car I've ever been in - Holley's Hooker Blackeart 5th gen Camaro SS. It's a true shame Hooker hasn't made anything for the C5 yet, I'd be first in line.

These videos are why I went with prt's, a great acceleration tone that's not just a straight pipe sound and lots of great noise on decel:

I'll know in about 2 weeks when they arrive if they live up my expectations
Old 08-06-2017, 09:48 AM
MS04Cpe
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GHL Bullets

I have a set of GHL Bullets on my 04 Coupe. At idle they sound wonderful. Crack the throttle and they sound awesome. Albeit, at 70 mph in six gear (1500 rpm) they have some drone. Hear tell GHL had some quality control issues at the end. Think you made a good choice with the PRTs. Good luck with them.

Wayne
Old 08-06-2017, 11:27 AM
Tinmatt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by c10vortec
I was hooked on the GHL's sound from Matt Farah's one take videos on youtube of his C5.
Odd side note, I currently have the GHL bullets from Matt's C5 on my Z06. Friends of mine purchased Matt's car and needed a quieter exhaust so they wouldn't trip the sound meters at the tracks they plan to run it on. So we worked a deal and Matt's old car now has my stock TI exhaust on it and will be terrorizing the East coast and Midwest tracks soon.

The GHLs sound awesome but don't quite work as well with my 180 degree headers, https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ld-thread.html so they will be for sale after I build a custom set of mufflers. There seems to be a demand for the GHLs, anyone care to chime in and suggest a fair asking price for when the time comes?
Old 08-06-2017, 04:59 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Borla Stingers (available in dual or quad tip) are similar with a slightly smoother and higher pitch. Sounds kinda exotic.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:59 PM
NVTHIS
Le Mans Master

Location: Piedmont, SC Currently Own: 99 Nassau blue FRC. Previously Owned: 84,95,98 Indy Pace,01 Z06
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I have the ghl bullets on my car and hands down it is one of the best sounding exhausts I have heard, and I have had almost every exhaust available on my car. I found these, and they had the sound I was looking for. Every once in a while a set will pop up in the for sale section.

Get notified of new replies

To GHL Bullets still exist?

Quick Reply: [Z06] GHL Bullets still exist?