Sponsored by:

What was your first experience......

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 08:54 PM
AwesomeC5
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dbgoodwin
Back on my 18th birthday I was at the strip club with a few friends. One of the strippers had gotten off early and came over to sit with us and have drinks for the rest of the night. I wasn't drinking because I was still underage, but as we went to leave she told me she was too drunk to drive and asked if I would drive her car to a house party.

She handed me some Chevy keys and I figured it was to a blazer or a cavalier or something, but it turned out to be a yellow 2001 z06. We went out and had so much fun we burned through a half tank of gas before we got to the party. I ended up doing a huge burnout in the steak-n-shake parking lot.

Ended up being one of the craziest nights of my life, my wife (who was in the group of friends at the strip club at the time, but we weren't together then) still brings it up sometimes that I bailed on the group, but who cares, it was my 18th birthday and I was single.

After that night I swore I would sell my 350z and buy a z06.

That is epic! You have my vote......
Old 10-15-2017, 07:32 AM
alcoed
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts
Default way back

Purchased this '59 in '62 for 500.00. Scored block. Bored to 4", installed jahns 12.5 to 1 pistons. 3x2s, duntov cam, solid lifters, 4 speed, possi rear. A rear fast machine, wish I had today!
As they say...should have one life to learn and another to live.
Attached Images  
Old 10-15-2017, 02:34 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

One of my neighbors had a '68, back in '68, and I got a few rides in it (I was 16, at the time). In '78, I started dating the woman who would later become my wife, and she had a '76, which I wound up driving several times.

She then traded the '76 for a '79, which I also drove several times. Shortly thereafter, we broke up, not seeing each other for 10 years. She still had the 'Vette at that time, and encountered a couple of minor problems with it. However, she couldn't find anyone "honest" to diagnose/fix the car for her.

I bumped into her mother one day, and she told me about the problems with the car, and asked me if I would consider taking a look at it. I agreed to, and my ex and I wound up getting back together.

Over time, we sold the '79, and a couple of years later, I ordered my '01, which I still have.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:24 AM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

Mine is a sad story with a happy ending. My first up close look at a Corvette was back in the sixties at a country drag strip. It was a dark green 67 Stingray with the side pipes. I still believe the C2 to be the most beautiful Corvettes ever produced. The little town in central Kentucky that I was raised in was not Corvette country so any other sightings were rare. I went through the rest of my life looking at Corvettes on showroom floors knowing I could not afford to either buy or justify such a purchase. I did drive a few used C4's but the examples I drove did not move me to buy. When the C5's came out I knew it was the one for me but no way I could afford $40k. A local dealer got a 2000 FRC in on trade and I had to drive it. While it reinforced my conclusion that it was the model for me the condition and price were not. It was then that I put a plan into action to acquire a Corvette which would be my first, I was 56 years old. I joined the Corvette forum in 2008 and read everything I could and asked many questions. It was still 2 years before I found the right car for me.

My 99 FRC may be the only Corvette I'll ever own but it has been the most satisfying car I have ever owned.
The following users liked this post:
friou (10-16-2017)

Quick Reply: What was your first experience......