Sponsored by:

Determining how many were produced

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 08:15 PM
Friscojim
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Determining how many were produced

I've seen the lists that tell how many by year of each color and the various options that were produced but is there any way of figuring out how many match what yours originally came with? I was wondering if anyone has gone to the museum and asked to take a look at their database and be able to go thru the various sheets to narrow down by specific option combos. I have an 01 Blue vert (about 1K sold) but mine came with the mag wheel option (about 530 some sold in 01) - I'l love to go thru the list of those 500+ and see how many were on blue vert's with the Z51 suspension option. Think they would let me look over those 500 some sheets? Any other suggestions?
Old 01-11-2018, 11:19 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,300 Likes on 13,973 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

To the best of my knowledge, GM did not keep specific option/color combination statistics for the C5. There are some web sites out there that give a number like you are looking for, but not sure just how accurate those numbers are. Here's one:

• Rarity of Car by RPO: www.compnine.com/
Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 AM
4XLR8N
Le Mans Master
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,209 Posts

The Corvette Black Book has, in the front, and explanation of the generally accepted way to use extrapolation of known production numbers to estimate unknown ones. Not the same as getting "real" production numbers, but probably as close as you are going to get.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:03 PM
glbeauchamp
Race Director

Received 254 Likes on 211 Posts

Since the window stickers and build sheets for these vehicles are available, the information you seek is out there. If a person could get access to these and cross reference and tabulate, it could be obtained. Such an endeavor would be a herculean effort at the very least. Gaining access would probably be even more difficult. (Maybe NCM could get some volunteer(s) to compile this information and sell it for a nominal fee to interested parties?)
Old 01-12-2018, 12:37 PM
twokbolt
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Friscojim
I've seen the lists that tell how many by year of each color and the various options that were produced but is there any way of figuring out how many match what yours originally came with? I was wondering if anyone has gone to the museum and asked to take a look at their database and be able to go thru the various sheets to narrow down by specific option combos. I have an 01 Blue vert (about 1K sold) but mine came with the mag wheel option (about 530 some sold in 01) - I'l love to go thru the list of those 500+ and see how many were on blue vert's with the Z51 suspension option. Think they would let me look over those 500 some sheets? Any other suggestions?
According to this website about 597 convertibles came with the mag wheel option:

http://www.vettefacts.com/C5/2001.aspx
Old 01-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Friscojim
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by glbeauchamp
Since the window stickers and build sheets for these vehicles are available, the information you seek is out there. If a person could get access to these and cross reference and tabulate, it could be obtained. Such an endeavor would be a herculean effort at the very least. Gaining access would probably be even more difficult. (Maybe NCM could get some volunteer(s) to compile this information and sell it for a nominal fee to interested parties?)
Since the mag wheel option was the lowest # thats what I was hoping to do - would much rather look thru 500+ sheets that the 1,000+ verts sold sheets - just didnlt know if anyone had ever asked at the museum if they could let someone sit in a room and visually go thru the data.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:38 AM
f6john
Melting Slicks

Received 223 Likes on 146 Posts

Early in my ownership I was intrigued by the possible rarity of my car since it was an FRC and fairly highly optioned (no n73’s ) then I figure out that the really rare frc’s are (besides color) are the really low option examples. At any rate what would intrigue me now is, How many are left?

As far as I know there is no data base to search to see how many 99 FRC cars are still on the road but at some point that will become an interest issue for numerous reasons and even more so for the 2000 model FRC cars.

Get notified of new replies

To Determining how many were produced

Quick Reply: Determining how many were produced