Sponsored by:

Help 99 factory CD player doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 05:22 PM
Rlb2002vette
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Help 99 factory CD player doesn't work

I recently bought a 99 with a factory CD player in middle bed in trunk. I don't have a clue on how to make it play. I dont know if i need a remote, which i dont have. The lady that sold it to me never said it has a cd player in it, i found awhile later.Thank y'all for your wisdom and knowledge.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:27 PM
1999corvettels1
Melting Slicks

Received 344 Likes on 253 Posts

You use the stereo buttons on dash to control it.

Also you put the CD in upside down in the cartridges.

Does the car have a owner's manual?

I believe it's input button to choose from radio, cassette (can't believe they put cassette players in these cars) or CD.

#2 means next cd in pack, I believe #3 brings up next song on cd.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:34 PM
JR-01
Le Mans Master

Received 1,063 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999corvettels1

I believe it's input button to choose from radio, cassette (can't believe they put cassette players in these cars) or CD.

In '99 CDs were still the most popular format. Cassettes not so much.
My CD player has been on almost 100% of the time the last 5 years. The cassette player has never been used.

Last edited by JR-01; 03-18-2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:37 PM
1999corvettels1
Melting Slicks

Received 344 Likes on 253 Posts

I just meant it's silly they put cassette players in the C5, but I typed it out wrong. Lol

I tried the cassette player just for kicks when I first got car, but when I moved I trashed the cassettes.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:39 PM
Rlb2002vette
Racer

Originally Posted by 1999corvettels1

Great I'm going to use your advise tomorrow. Ty very much. Rick
Old 03-19-2018, 04:36 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by Rlb2002vette
I recently bought a 99 with a factory CD player in middle bed in trunk. I don't have a clue on how to make it play. I dont know if i need a remote, which i dont have. The lady that sold it to me never said it has a cd player in it, i found awhile later.Thank y'all for your wisdom and knowledge.
From the manual:

Operating the Trunk-Mounted CD Changer with the Radio with Cassette
If an error appears on the display, see "CD Messages" later in this section.

1 PREV (Previous)
Press this pushbutton to go to the start of the current track if more than eight seconds have played. If this pushbutton is held or pressed more than once, the player will continue moving backward through the CD.

2 PROG (Program)
Press this pushbutton to select the next CD in the magazine. If a CD cannot be played, its number will be skipped when selecting CDs while using this pushbutton

3 NEXT
Press this pushbutton to go to the next track. If this pushbutton is held or pressed more than once, the player will continue moving forward through the CD.

REV 4 (Reverse)
Press and hold this pushbutton to quickly reverse within a track. Release the pushbutton to play the passage. The elapsed time of the track will appear on the display.

5 (Dolby)
This pushbutton has no function when playing a CD.

FWD 6 (Forward)
Press and hold this pushbutton to quickly advance within a track. Release the pushbutton to play the passage. The elapsed time of the track will appear on the display.

RECALL
Press this button to see what track is currently playing. Press it again within five seconds to see how long the track has been playing.

SEEK
The left arrow works the same as the PREV pushbutton and the right arrow works the same as the NEXT pushbutton.

P.SCAN (Preset Scan)
Press this button to listen to the tracks on all of the CDs in random, rather than sequential, order. RDM will appear on the display. Press this button again to turn off random play.

AM/FM
Press this button to listen to the radio when a cassette tape or a CD is playing. The inactive tape or CD will remain safely inside the radio for future listening.

TAPE AUX (Auxiliary)
Press this button to play a CD when listening to the radio. Press this button to switch between playing a tape in the cassette tape player and playing a CD in the trunk-mounted CD changer, if both are loaded.
Operating the Trunk-Mounted CD Changer with the Radio with CD
If an error appears on the display, see "CD Messages" later in this section.

1 PREV (Previous)
Press this pushbutton to go to the start of the current track if more than eight seconds have played. If this pushbutton is held or pressed more than once, the player will continue moving backward through the CD.

2 RDM (Random)
Press this pushbutton to play the CDs in random, rather than sequential, order. RDM will appear on the display. Press this pushbutton again to turn off random play.

3 NEXT
Press this pushbutton to go to the next track. If this pushbutton is held or pressed more than once, the player will continue moving forward through the CD.

REV 4 (Reverse)
Press and hold this pushbutton to quickly reverse within a track. Release this pushbutton to play the passage. The elapsed time of the track will appear on the display.

Press this pushbutton to select the next CD in the magazine. If a CD cannot be played, its number will be skipped when selecting CDs while using this pushbutton

FWD 6 (Forward)
Press and hold this pushbutton to quickly advance within a track. Release this pushbutton to play the passage. The elapsed time of the track will appear on the display.

RECALL
Press this button to see what track is currently playing. Press it again within five seconds to see how long the track has been playing.

SEEK
The left arrow works the same as the PREV pushbutton and the right arrow works the same as the NEXT pushbutton.

AM/FM
Press this button to listen to the radio when a CD is playing. The inactive CD will remain safely inside the radio for future listening.

CD AUX (Auxiliary)
Press this button to play a CD when listening to the radio. Press this button to switch between playing a CD in the CD player and playing a CD in the CD changer, if both are loaded.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:56 AM
Rlb2002vette
Racer

Originally Posted by GCG
From the manual:
ty so much. CF members like y'all help out us newbies out so much.

Get notified of new replies

To Help 99 factory CD player doesn't work

Quick Reply: Help 99 factory CD player doesn't work