Sponsored by:

Buying dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 10:07 AM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by zeevette
Owning a pristine C5Z, I would caution you against this car if you want comfort. They ride pretty harshly if you have any back/mobility issues. I have lots of these issues, plus I am 65, so regardless of the fun factor, I rarely drive mine.
I concur with this to an extent. The ride is fairly harsh but to be somewhat expected for the type of car it is. Also, the interior is very loud. I can live with the ride in trade for the excellent handling and cornering performance but the loud cabin I could not. I did a thorough sound deadening and I mean thorough covering every possible spot inside the cabin. It made a huge difference.

To answer your question, despite a couple things I didn't like about the C5 Z06 it was so worth the purchase. No better bang for your buck out there. You can buy a virtually new Z06 for 25K. Think about it. If you are not going to put an exorbitant amount of miles on it, you likely will get out close to what you pay for one as they have to be close to bottoming out in price.

Quick Reply: Buying dilemma