Sponsored by:

Halltech venom

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 07:10 PM
Rexde1
Le Mans Master

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Halltech venom

Anybody tried one, I was thinking of getting one since I need a new air filter.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:24 AM
XLR8 C4
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexde1

Anybody tried one, I was thinking of getting one since I need a new air filter.

I have it currently on my 03Z and have had zero issues. Its def larger then the factory air bridge allowing more CFM to the throttle body.
The following users liked this post:
Rexde1 (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 09:13 AM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 316 Likes on 271 Posts

The Throttle Body on the C5 is about 750 cfm and the C5Z is closer to 800 cfm. The standard C5 air bridge and filter flows more than enough air for a stock C5 or a C5Z, the air cleaner on the Z was enlarged to more than compensate for the additional 60 hp and still have plenty to spare. By increasing the size of the air bridge to flow more air you actually are slowing down its velocity after the MAF has sent the information to the PCM to make fueling/temperature/advance/etc adjustments. Unless your fuel trims were more than +5, that means you are running rich, you are in effect slowing down your engine efficiency. However, the intake will sound louder and more than likely you will associate that with better seat of the pants improvements.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:32 AM
XLR8 C4
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordy M
The Throttle Body on the C5 is about 750 cfm and the C5Z is closer to 800 cfm. The standard C5 air bridge and filter flows more than enough air for a stock C5 or a C5Z, the air cleaner on the Z was enlarged to more than compensate for the additional 60 hp and still have plenty to spare. By increasing the size of the air bridge to flow more air you actually are slowing down its velocity after the MAF has sent the information to the PCM to make fueling/temperature/advance/etc adjustments. Unless your fuel trims were more than +5, that means you are running rich, you are in effect slowing down your engine efficiency. However, the intake will sound louder and more than likely you will associate that with better seat of the pants improvements.

How are you slowing down the air speed AFTER the MAF when the MAF is located directly in front of the Throttle body?
Old 08-15-2018, 09:46 AM
Dbl_D718
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8 C4
How are you slowing down the air speed AFTER the MAF when the MAF is located directly in front of the Throttle body?
Because the MAF is actually directly after the filter, and the bridge is between the MAF and the throttle body. Fortunately it's a mass airflow sensor and not a speed airflow sensor.

​​​​​​Nevertheless, the Halltech is a high quality intake and arguably one of the best available, but it's pricey. I would recommend waiting for a used one to pop in the For Sale forum.

Last edited by Dbl_D718; 08-15-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech venom

Quick Reply: Halltech venom