Old 08-15-2018, 09:07 PM
OWENMUSTANG
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wilwood calipers

YES I did the search

YES, I called Wilwood

Looking to find out if the Wilwood replacement calipers will fit the Y2K wheels

(I have the measurements from Wilwood..it’s close, real close)

Does not appear these calipers are very popular, I don’t see any threads on them

Old 08-16-2018, 01:42 AM
ferrmaro
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 46 Posts

Which Wilwoods are you referring to? Check out this thread for some info on the four piston clearance. Hope it helps.

Last edited by Vetteman Jack; 08-16-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:58 AM
OWENMUSTANG
Racer

Perfect!

Old 08-16-2018, 10:27 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

Called that one 'close' and I'd say a clearance of about 1/8" is comfortable.

Popularity of the kits is spotty. Nothing wrong with them but the market for them was based as much or more on the Hot-Rod crowd using the Corvette front spindles. The Corvette market leans more toward outright performance gains- those come mostly in the form of larger kits rather than the small rotors necessary for the SLC56 parts.

Keep in mind these are not a racing application. A great street upgrade and durable enough for some AX use and maybe a lap or two at the track once to try it, but certainly not ideal for 30min sessions.

Ample pad compounds as they use the popular 7416 pad plate; one offered by a vast number of suppliers. The fixed mount design will improve pedal feel and response and with the supplied ss hose kit you'll have the best C5 brakes on the market relative to the 12.8" rotor and a value packed deal for under $1200 makes it hard to say no!

You need any help or input on them feel free to ask. LINK

Last edited by Todd TCE; 08-16-2018 at 10:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
FYRARMS (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 11:09 AM
2k2wranglerx
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 229 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ance-pics.html
Old 08-16-2018, 11:10 AM
2k2wranglerx
Drifting

y2k are the thin spokes right? These are mine. I had to toss a stock wheel on when i blew a tire on the TSW's. These are 4 pot. I didn't check the rear. This is just the front.

Last edited by 2k2wranglerx; 08-16-2018 at 11:10 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:30 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Just wanted to jump in here and give Todd at TCE a shout-out. If you are buying Wilwood brakes, you don't need to look anywhere else! I spent plenty of time online looking for the best prices on my Wilwood Aero6 front and Superlite 4R rear calipers. Pick any big popular online retailer you can think of. I looked. Well, with my nickel finish upgrade, required front and rear braided hose kits, and the shipping cost added in, buying my brakes from TCE saved me almost $200.

Todd also does a great job of communicating quickly via email. All your order and shipping info is given to you right away, and you will even be sent the copied email from Wilwood acknowledging the drop ship request. Outstanding customer service!

I am stepping up my rotor and pad game next spring when I start flogging my girl on autocross tracks. TCE will get my business again!
Old 08-16-2018, 12:50 PM
2k2wranglerx
Drifting

I'll check out TCE if i end up upgrading the fronts to a bigger setup.

This is what i paid to summit. also shows the part numbers in case you're looking/wondering. they came in 2 days, no tax or shipping charges.

Last edited by 2k2wranglerx; 08-16-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:28 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,583 Posts

TCE shipping was free, and they included their own TCE braided brake hoses at no charge. That saved me $126 over buying the Wilwood hoses from Summit. I know my calipers were $2100 at Summit and Jegs when I originally priced them out. TCE was a tad cheaper. Overall, the brake hose price savings is what made the difference.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:52 PM
2k2wranglerx
Drifting

love some free hoses lol.

i just did these. so i was 1650 all in. But that was 4 pot with wilwood rotors. 6 pots up front added a bunch of $.

Last edited by Vetteman Jack; 08-16-2018 at 04:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FYRARMS (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 03:56 PM
2k2wranglerx
Drifting

I was just looking for kind of a "stock replacement" that looked better but still got a performance upgrade. These were kinda where i needed to be pricewise ya know.

and to the OP. you'll get guys telling you that the wilwoods only improve things on the track. Those people are 100% wrong in every way. These are one of my favorite mods.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:32 PM
OWENMUSTANG
Racer

Todd, I’ve been in the fence, well for a year on this.

( you have been my 1st choice for this)

just trying to make sure this is going to fit.

what I expect out of it is to look better
feel better, and maybe a little better stopping

( the diameter isn’t changing, so unless the calipers are toast, don’t see how stopping distance will improve by a serious amount)
Old 08-17-2018, 08:38 AM
2k2wranglerx
Drifting

Originally Posted by OWENMUSTANG
Todd, I’ve been in the fence, well for a year on this.

( you have been my 1st choice for this)

just trying to make sure this is going to fit.

what I expect out of it is to look better
feel better, and maybe a little better stopping

( the diameter isn’t changing, so unless the calipers are toast, don’t see how stopping distance will improve by a serious amount)
if you have the same wheels that came on my car (i'm assuming the thin spokes are y2k?) then they "will" fit. but i wouldn't run them that close.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:32 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

Tend to agree on the clearance suggestion. A minimal wheel spacer (we can cut a .060 alum plate perhaps) would be a wise choice.

With regard to these and other kits; TCE always includes the same ss flex lines used on the standard BBK applications, but with a M10 adapter rather than the AN3 adapter. If you'd prefer the Wilwood branded hoses with the fixed banjo on it we can do that for a small additional cost. I don't have the kits with rotors listed on the TCE page at this time but we can certainly provide them. At a cost competitive with most of the big box warehouses. All kit are shipped directly from Wilwood as we don't stock them- stocking would mean HIGHER costs due to incoming shipping and holding costs, so it may take a couple days longer than some other options.

I truly appreciate the support and business but I won't BS anyone here: I'm no Corvette expert. One might argue a bit of a Wilwood expert, but I don't have a shop full of C anything so doing test fits with absolute infor is simply out of the question. That combined with a variety of stock wheels, limitless aftermarket wheels and the variety of kits available make it all but impossible to offer full assurances of fit. I have to take the same position as Wilwood; the data is provided but ultimately fit must be determined by the owner. Clearly you are removing one product now and replacing it with something of a different dimension so research and feedback from others is always welcomed.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:45 AM
2k2wranglerx
Drifting

Originally Posted by Todd TCE
Tend to agree on the clearance suggestion. A minimal wheel spacer (we can cut a .060 alum plate perhaps) would be a wise choice.

With regard to these and other kits; TCE always includes the same ss flex lines used on the standard BBK applications, but with a M10 adapter rather than the AN3 adapter. If you'd prefer the Wilwood branded hoses with the fixed banjo on it we can do that for a small additional cost. I don't have the kits with rotors listed on the TCE page at this time but we can certainly provide them. At a cost competitive with most of the big box warehouses. All kit are shipped directly from Wilwood as we don't stock them- stocking would mean HIGHER costs due to incoming shipping and holding costs, so it may take a couple days longer than some other options.

I truly appreciate the support and business but I won't BS anyone here: I'm no Corvette expert. One might argue a bit of a Wilwood expert, but I don't have a shop full of C anything so doing test fits with absolute infor is simply out of the question. That combined with a variety of stock wheels, limitless aftermarket wheels and the variety of kits available make it all but impossible to offer full assurances of fit. I have to take the same position as Wilwood; the data is provided but ultimately fit must be determined by the owner. Clearly you are removing one product now and replacing it with something of a different dimension so research and feedback from others is always welcomed.
you should toss that one on the website. It was really appealing because it took ALL the guesswork out of ordering. I knew the rotors would work with the calipers and didn't have to mess around. just 1 kit per end and boom, done.

your caliper only kits with brake lines are a good deal for sure.

Get notified of new replies

To Wilwood calipers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wilwood calipers