C5-R skirts

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 04:24 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,235 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by El original
what you have to remember is I like it very much
Of course, you do. Nobody is denying that. We are glad you like it!
If you see the response when out driving it may change your opinion
No, I never base my opinion on other people's responses. I am happy that other people like your car, though!
If you follow the lines on the side skirt you will see they compliment the stock lines nicely
Well, it is definitely personal opinion on what "compliments" and what doesn't. To me, when the front end of a car is visually much taller than the rest of the car, it isn't very complimentary. If you "follow the lines" on the side skirt, they run forward to empty space. Just a missing spoiler. But, that is just my opinion, so no harm, no foul.
Perhaps the pic don't do justice?
No, the pics show it all. The yellow car wearing the front spoiler looks very "complete", despite the kit not being attractive to me. Not using the front spoiler just makes the kit look unfinished. Like something is missing, which is accurate. But, it is your car, so, you liking it is all that matters!
The following users liked this post:
El original (09-21-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 04:32 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx
I guess to me the C5R kit just seems like a "body kit" rather than an "enhancement" like the C7 carbon skirts and lip...
For sure. The big honkin' ground effects like the "C5-R" kit were popular in the 1990s. They make the car look lower to the ground without actually lowering the car. The problem is that the 4x4 wheel gap looks screwy then. But, if you do lower the car, the big honkin' ground effects will likely scrape on everything. Personally, I find the OEM C5 body lines to be gorgeous. Just a subtle front lip and mild rocker extensions or skirts is all it takes to spice up the sexy C5! Plus, you can lower the car for better looks, handling, and braking without worry.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:40 PM
0260N5
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

See my car below. I will be at funfest feel free to check it out. The spoiler mounts under the rear bumper not to it fyi car is more stable lets say speeds above 130mph and has been on the car since 2002 back then the spoiler cost around $500 minus paint fyi

Old 09-21-2018, 12:13 AM
El original
Melting Slicks

Received 201 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
Sooooo, you don't think the car looks extremely odd without the front lip spoiler? Just curious how you can be satisfied with the front bumper being so much higher than the rest of the car.
Are we looking at the same pic? Front bumper HIGHER than the rest of the car????
Old 09-21-2018, 12:15 AM
El original
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 0260N5
See my car below. I will be at funfest feel free to check it out. The spoiler mounts under the rear bumper not to it fyi car is more stable lets say speeds above 130mph and has been on the car since 2002 back then the spoiler cost around $500 minus paint fyi

Oh boy, you are putting yourself out there for some forum abuse!
Old 09-21-2018, 12:20 AM
El original
Melting Slicks

Old 09-21-2018, 12:24 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by El original
Are we looking at the same pic? Front bumper HIGHER than the rest of the car????
Correct. Even Stevie Wonder can see that the rocker skirts and rear bumper add-on are much lower than the front bumper. But, you like it, and that is all that matters. Enjoy!

The following users liked this post:
El original (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 07:20 PM
El original
Melting Slicks

No, I don't like it...I absolutely love the look. The thumbs up and why was this not done to all Corvettes are every time I take it out questions!! Pics do not do justice believe me and this is my third Corvette ( had a 911 also) Would not trade except for the new Stringray. lol. Thanks for your understanding. We are not ALL cookie cutter people and that is good IMHO. PS Whaaaaaat no comment on the wing?!?!?!?!

Last edited by El original; 09-23-2018 at 07:21 PM.

Quick Reply: C5-R skirts