Sponsored by:

Nitrous express Proton kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 11:21 PM
Salvatore Joseph
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous express Proton kit

Hey guys looking into a wet shot nitrous system for my 02 Z06 Heads cam FBO. I came across this system from Nitrous Express on amazon. Any one have any experience with this kit? I found it funny that amazon even offered it. Sorry if I am posting a pic from amazon and that’s not aloud. New to this forum.

Old 10-07-2018, 07:15 AM
1stC599
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nitrous is the least expensive power adder, but have you done any research? What jet size do you want? Want instant or progressive feed? Have any other supporting mods like no plastic intake manifold? Anywhere to fill a nitrous bottle? They don't come filled. I would contact the nitrous company and installer to make sure its the right one for your car.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:51 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 327 Likes on 204 Posts

that kit will work just fine, the only issue is that they come with a mechanical type throttle linkage switch, and vettes have drive by wire, you'll need a suitable TPS.....
Old 10-07-2018, 09:39 AM
1stC599
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dankhts
that kit will work just fine, the only issue is that they come with a mechanical type throttle linkage switch, and vettes have drive by wire, you'll need a suitable TPS.....
Why not get a nitrous kit that actually fits then without having to modify the TPS? It probably has mechanical linkage for a reason.....................
Old 10-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Salvatore Joseph
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1stC599
Why not get a nitrous kit that actually fits then without having to modify the TPS? It probably has mechanical linkage for a reason.....................
Originally Posted by dankhts
appreciate that info. That was what I was wondering about the throttle linkage. I’m definitely going to give them a call b4 i order a kit. I know I will still need some other supporting safety mods as well. And as far as the intake goes I have a Vararam.
Old 10-07-2018, 01:07 PM
Salvatore Joseph
Intermediate

Nitrous is the least expensive power adder, but have you done any research? What jet size do you want? Want instant or progressive feed? Have any other supporting mods like no plastic intake manifold? Anywhere to fill a nitrous bottle? They don't come filled. I would contact the nitrous company and installer to make sure its the right one for your car.
I want to run a 100 shot at the minimum. Looks like that kit comes with a few diff jet sizes. I have local
shops that fill the tanks. And I am running the intake factory manifold, is that a no no with a nitrous kit? And as far as instant VS progress I haven’t considered that just yet. Do you run either? What’s ur experience ? Appreciate the insight. Everything helps
Old 10-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Nitrous Express & Snow Performance
Supporting Vendor

Nitrous Express & Snow Performance's Avatar

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Proton system is a great universal kit that will work on most vehicles. Best bang for your buck. I would add an electronic window switch to keep everything safe.
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/18959-...-required.html

Ill beat any deal you find.
Send me a PM with any questions or pricing.
Thanks Billy
Old 10-07-2018, 02:34 PM
Salvatore Joseph
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Proton system is a great universal kit that will work on most vehicles. Best bang for your buck. I would add an electronic window switch to keep everything safe.
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/18959-...-required.html

Ill beat any deal you find.
Send me a PM with any questions or pricing.
Thanks Billy
PM sent.

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2018, 07:55 PM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 327 Likes on 204 Posts

ss
no modification to the TPS necessary or required or possible, you have to be able to hook up to it not modify it ... Can't do it wth the generic mechanical switch that comes with pretty much all kits.... They'll hook you up with the correct switch at a bit of an extra cost over what comes with the kit...
Old 10-08-2018, 12:24 PM
mykream
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

Nitrous is the least expensive power adder...….Hardly. Bottle fills add up quick.

Have any other supporting mods like no plastic intake manifold?.... I would put my money on thousands of people running a plastic manifold (stock or aftermarket) with nitrous. A buddy of mine had a backfire into the intake and it took it like a champ.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:25 PM
mykream
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Salvatore Joseph

I want to run a 100 shot at the minimum. Looks like that kit comes with a few diff jet sizes. I have local
shops that fill the tanks. And I am running the intake factory manifold, is that a no no with a nitrous kit? And as far as instant VS progress I haven’t considered that just yet. Do you run either? What’s ur experience ? Appreciate the insight. Everything helps
See my response above this about some of his comments...
Old 10-08-2018, 12:37 PM
mykream
Burning Brakes

With all of this said, I purchased a proton setup from Billy (NX). Great guy to work with and will take care of you in a pinch if necessary.

Nitrous installs can be cheap and quick or they can be extensive and expensive (cost is obviously relative to your budget).

I ended up changing my setup and am still setting everything up, and once again, Billy has been of great assistance along the way. (or maybe he just likes my money!! haha)

I will say this about installing nitrous on a car. Do not skimp on the wiring/electronics. Your best bet is to run a quality controller and be sure that everything is wired correctly. As I said earlier, I am continually improving my setup (custom wiring board, full wiring harness built outside of the car for ease of troubleshooting down the road) I would be lying if I said I didn't have every bit of 2k into my electrical alone (controller, wire, connectors, fuse panels, switch panels..etc). The last thing you want is for your kit to not work correctly, and you don't know why.

Invest into your setup in the beginning and you will have little to no pain aside from filling your bottle and hitting the street/track.

Anytime a friend of mine or anyone I know, has issues with their nitrous not working as it should, 9/10 times it is due to inadequate electronics. Do yourself a favor.
The following users liked this post:
Old 10-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Salvatore Joseph
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mykream
With all of this said, I purchased a proton setup from Billy (NX). Great guy to work with and will take care of you in a pinch if necessary.

Nitrous installs can be cheap and quick or they can be extensive and expensive (cost is obviously relative to your budget).

I ended up changing my setup and am still setting everything up, and once again, Billy has been of great assistance along the way. (or maybe he just likes my money!! haha)

I will say this about installing nitrous on a car. Do not skimp on the wiring/electronics. Your best bet is to run a quality controller and be sure that everything is wired correctly. As I said earlier, I am continually improving my setup (custom wiring board, full wiring harness built outside of the car for ease of troubleshooting down the road) I would be lying if I said I didn't have every bit of 2k into my electrical alone (controller, wire, connectors, fuse panels, switch panels..etc). The last thing you want is for your kit to not work correctly, and you don't know why.

Invest into your setup in the beginning and you will have little to no pain aside from filling your bottle and hitting the street/track.

Anytime a friend of mine or anyone I know, has issues with their nitrous not working as it should, 9/10 times it is due to inadequate electronics. Do yourself a favor.
Thats good to know. I’m definitely not one to skimp on supporting mods for anything I’ve done in my cars performace wise. This is some good info and good insight that I’ve been looking for. Keeping my car and myself safe is my #1 priority so I won’t just be throwing a kit on the car and hoping for the best. Posting this thread was just another step in my research process for those of you who have asked how much research i have done. All of your experience is valuable to me.
Old 10-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Salvatore Joseph
Intermediate

Nitrous is the least expensive power adder...….Hardly. Bottle fills add up quick.

Have any other supporting mods like no plastic intake manifold?.... I would put my money on thousands of people running a plastic manifold (stock or aftermarket) with nitrous. A buddy of mine had a backfire into the intake and it took it like a champ.
Thanks for clearing that up. This was the first time I had heard of the plastic mani being an issue so I’m glad you chimed in.

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous express Proton kit

Quick Reply: Nitrous express Proton kit