Sponsored by:

Do you Store or Drive living in snow belts

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 10:19 AM
Wade Wilbur
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rrwirsi
I stared this Thread to get opinions on driving vs. storing in the snow areas. Mission accomplished. I just got back from a 25 mile ride today. Sunny and 48 degrees. Charged the car battery, got some road love, and best of all, charged my battery by putting smiles on my face. I hated to turn the key to off. As several comments have opined, I am not saving my Vette for the next owner. At 75, this is my pleasure (along with my stipend of beer each day, ) that I am not going to stop driving for 5/6 months. Happy motoring/storage everyone.
I'm with you. I bought it to drive, not to look at. I had a buddy that had a Vette in the 70's (I forget what year it was, but not rare or collectable at the time), he had a custom paint job done on it and at first he would only drive it on nice warm sunny days, then he always seemed to have an excuse why he wouldn't take it out and finally he realized he hadn't driven it in over a year because he was so afraid something would happen to that nice paint job. He wound up selling it. I don't want to be that guy. :-)
Old 12-14-2018, 03:59 PM
J. Kent
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I put it in a storage unit because I don't have a garage but on sunny days when there's no salt on the road I take it out and drive it. Top down, heat cranked up!

Quick Reply: Do you Store or Drive living in snow belts