C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! need a part!

Old 01-24-2019, 02:50 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Member Since: Nov 2017
Location: Dover DE
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default HELP! need a part!

Hello all, in the process of an engine rebuild due to a lean condition at the track. When pulling my motor out I got the pan off and saw the steel plate that is inside the batwing oil pan was missing. Which could explain why I was getting a low oil light under braking at 140+ ill post a picture of it up what exactly i'm looking for. Most likely because previous owner had some more stroke or something. I have done a search and spent a couple weeks even looking for a part number. I am coming up empty. It looks like gm went to an updated pan and got rid of that bolt in floor. every picture I can find on google I can see there is a part number on it I just can't quite read it after zooming. My engine builder has all my parts im just trying to find this steel piece so we can get this thing back together.

Last edited by ahemm2012; 01-24-2019 at 02:51 AM.
ahemm2012 is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 04:08 AM
CF Senior Member
Member Since: Nov 2015
Location: Clay New York
Posts: 410
Thanked 42 Times in 37 Posts

Other then cost why not go with the updated pan? There is probably a good reason GM changed the pan design in the first place.
ls777z is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 02:14 PM
CF Senior Member
zachaeous's Avatar
Member Since: Mar 2012
Location: Du Quoin IL
Posts: 2,055
Thanked 367 Times in 318 Posts

Is this the part you are looking for? Less than $40.00 shipped on the big auction site.

zachaeous is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 04:00 PM
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
Route99's Avatar
Member Since: Apr 2017
Location: Hickory NC
Posts: 4,533
Thanked 413 Times in 372 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-Ď18-'19

^^^. Good lead, zacheous!
Route99 is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 08:59 PM
CF Senior Member
~Josh's Avatar
Member Since: May 2007
Location: 🌎🇺🇸
Posts: 13,996
Thanked 396 Times in 302 Posts

It’s called a windage tray. Same part number all years. #12558189
~Josh is offline  
Old 01-25-2019, 09:42 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Member Since: Nov 2017
Location: Dover DE
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

The part Iím needing is in the bottom of the oil pan. Hopefully the image attaches this time.
ahemm2012 is offline  
Old 01-25-2019, 11:01 AM
Mr. Black
CF Senior Member
Mr. Black's Avatar
Member Since: Aug 2018
Location: South Hill Wa
Posts: 602
Thanked 94 Times in 78 Posts

You're looking for the baffle in the bottom of the pan. I don't know where you can buy another stocker but there are several aftermarket improved oil pan baffles out there that you could look into and maybe procure easily.
Mr. Black is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP! need a part!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: