Sponsored by:

Quick Jack arrived today

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 05:09 PM
Daddy o
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Quick Jack arrived today

After the posts from last week on QJ info, it got me fired up again to order one, which I did. I saw them at Carlisle last year and was going to get one then, but being an old gezzer, I procrastinated for no good reason, just slowing down I guess until last weeks posts. My 5,000 came yesterday and set it up today and now I'm kicking myself in the a@! For waiting so long. It is one good piece of equipment and you can do just about anything you need too on your vette or any other vehicle. I know it's no surprise to most of you, but for those who are on the fence, don't wait, DO IT! QJ was great on shipping it out the next day.
Thank's to the OP last week for giving me that push to pull the trigger. Let the work begin!
The following 3 users liked this post by Daddy o:
Bill Curlee (05-22-2019), Edmund Iverson (05-22-2019), t1fudd (05-22-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 05:14 PM
Daddy o
Racer

Would post pics, but I have a hard time doing that on this forum
Old 05-22-2019, 10:16 AM
Edmund Iverson
Burning Brakes

Received 644 Likes on 349 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Thanks for the vote of encouragement, Daddy-O! How do you store it when not in use? I ask, because I'm short on space in my garage
Old 05-22-2019, 10:53 AM
C5 Diag
Moderator, Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,690 Posts

Can you post some pics ??...I myself am tired of squeezing underneath this car even with a ramp under each tire...let me know how much space you have underneath there ??....where did you purchase it ??
The following users liked this post:
awches (05-22-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 10:56 AM
t1fudd
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by C5 Diag
Can you post some pics ??...I myself am tired of squeezing underneath this car even with a ramp under each tire...let me know how much space you have underneath there ??....where did you purchase it ??
The 5000 should lift at least 21". I got mine at Costco for $999. Keep an eye out for them to go on sale.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:58 AM
C5 Diag

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Daddy o
Would post pics, but I have a hard time doing that on this forum
Just go where it says "manage attachments" and if they are pics from your phone go to "from device" and then click the photo you want to upload and then click upload and click submit I think it says !!
Old 05-22-2019, 10:58 AM
t1fudd
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

After the posts from last week on QJ info, it got me fired up again to order one, which I did. I saw them at Carlisle last year and was going to get one then, but being an old gezzer, I procrastinated for no good reason, just slowing down I guess until last weeks posts. My 5,000 came yesterday and set it up today and now I'm kicking myself in the a@! For waiting so long. It is one good piece of equipment and you can do just about anything you need too on your vette or any other vehicle. I know it's no surprise to most of you, but for those who are on the fence, don't wait, DO IT! QJ was great on shipping it out the next day.
Thank's to the OP last week for giving me that push to pull the trigger. Let the work begin!
You'll love it. I use mine for the Vette, my wife's '14 Charger and my '17 Bolt.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:59 AM
Daddy o
Racer

QJ gave me a decent deal on the price and also threw in a set of their wall hangers at n/c. I could have saved a few more bucks by going to HD or Costco, but HD was out and I have no Costco here. Since I told QJ that, they gave me a better price along with throwing in the hangers. To be honest, it it so damn good, I would have paid full price without hesitation now that I have used it. I'd send you pics, but I just have one hell of a time posting them on this forum. You need a good solid pair of studs to hang them though. They are not flimsy . A 2x4 stud won't last long I doubt. Even a 2x6 might be iffy. Only hang one per stud. My barn has 4x4 studs, which is plenty strong. Still one per stud. If space is tight, you could stand them on their sides and lean them against a wall, or stack them on top of each other or push them together when you are done and leave on floor. You can not drive over them though. The only problem I had with set up was I had one hell of a time bleeding one cylinder. Finally got all the air out after about four times. No big deal since it was not a big effort. I got the 110 volt power unit and the 5,000 lb. lift. OP, you won't be dissapointed. There are numerous threads here on QJ and all of them are very positive. Like I said, saw it at Carlsle last year and wanted one then but just dragged my heels until you pushed me into it with your first post. The best money I ever spent? If you can, go for it. You won't be sorry. Best of luck!
The following users liked this post:
t1fudd (05-22-2019)
Old 05-22-2019, 11:19 AM
C5 Diag

Support Corvetteforum!

Just ordered it from Costco...$999.00 !!...it was that or another scan tool...LOL !!
Old 05-22-2019, 11:20 AM
50thz06
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

I've used mine several times already after purchasing a few weeks ago. I store mine vertically in a corner of my shop until I decide something else to do. I have not attempted to store them under my Vette, so I cannot say they will fit there. I store mine with the wheels to the top, and a rug on the floor. I have VCT tile in my shop and I was concerned that the jacks may slide on the floor, so I used a rubber backed rug under them. They are quite heavy, so if you choose to hang on a wall you better be really certain about the structure of what you are hanging them on, not to mention the weight of picking them up to hang them. Very happy with purchase.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:27 AM
awches
Pro

Received 158 Likes on 106 Posts

22" on my 3500 from the floor to the chassis using hockey pucks and small rubber blocks.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:30 AM
photonhunter
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I don't know how you're attaching your hanger but even a junky 2 X 4 has a compressive strength of 4000 pounds / square inch.
Bending strength is pretty good, too.
You don't have to use hangers, leaning them against a wall works pretty good:

No need to lift the lifts.

dan k.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:44 AM
Daddy o
Racer

OK Op finally figured out how to do pics ( I think). Hope this works for you?

Old 05-22-2019, 11:48 AM
Daddy o
Racer

Not a genius about the compression of wood but after time I would think the QJ weight might cause a 2x4 to at least bend or warp. Just my non engineering old fart opinion.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:51 AM
C5 Diag

Support Corvetteforum!

OK Op finally figured out how to do pics ( I think). Hope this works for you?

Now I see QJ sells an adapter kit...might need this for my 2016 4 Runner since it sits pretty high...for the Corvette do you use the "hockey pucks" under the frame rails ??...the only thing is I'd have to use it in my asphalt driveway....don't know if it will sink in when the asphalt is hot ??...can probably use some plywood !!...and I would LOVE a garage that size...will get me 3 car garage when I retire to Florida in a few years !!

Last edited by C5 Diag; 05-22-2019 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:56 AM
Daddy o
Racer

I used the short blocks with pucks and worked just fine. Of course my vette is not lowered. Might be different combination if it is. Be careful if you lean against the wall unsecured! If a child or dog bumps them and they fall, they would probably kill a dog and hurt a kid real bad at best. They are heavy.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:13 PM
C5 Diag

Support Corvetteforum!

Not a genius about the compression of wood but after time I would think the QJ weight might cause a 2x4 to at least bend or warp. Just my non engineering old fart opinion.
I’ll just get some sheetmetal from work !!

Get notified of new replies

To Quick Jack arrived today

Old 05-22-2019, 12:14 PM
Daddy o
Racer

I'd use plywood on asphalt I would think. Sits flat and load is spread out, but on a hot day I would play it safe to avoid unwanted marks. Thanks for the barn comment. There is a golf cart, Kubota, Mahindra tractor, log splitter, Ram 1500, wife's Optima and the vette in there along with my shop area. Like I said, I'm an old fart and a life time of hard work and acquisitions . Yours will come in time, just keep plugging away. Took me 67 years and I'm still at it. Wish I had some of the other cars I owned over the years. I'd need another 50 ft. barn. All the best!
Old 05-22-2019, 12:14 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

DAMN IT,, Now I see $1000 dollars flowing out of the bank! LOL!
Old 05-22-2019, 12:18 PM
acroy
Le Mans Master

Received 1,408 Likes on 847 Posts

Awesome. I got mine Nov last year and kicked myself for a week for not buying one years ago. Great piece of equipment.

Quick Reply: Quick Jack arrived today