Sponsored by:

1999-2000 tpms

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 08:29 PM
Evil-Twin
Team Owner

Received 3,815 Likes on 1,926 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04

If you can follow my logic. If you spend 100 dollars on end of life sensors and they die in a year and have to buy fresh Gen 1 sensors for 300 dollars, you are in essence paying 400 dollars for new sensors that will last ten years instead of the three hundred you should have paid in the first place.. its a gamble for sure.. hope you the best..
Bill.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:56 PM
tomikem
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
My post was not to argue with you or anyone... but to make things clear.. Ive know Gene for 20 years from when he ran the part department at Fred Beans to opening his own business called GM Parts house, I said he was formerly from GM parts house. Gene still owes me a dinner. I, like most here know Gene is now the owner Of Cultrag, a sup[porting Forum vendor. When someone post that they can get cheap Gen 1 sensors for 25 dollars or 110 and they have no problem . but fail to say they only have a 30 day warranty.. and only have 15 remaining. Meaning they are getting rid of old stock.. IM here to try to help people avoid buy too cheap. which in this case Is the case and to say " no problems " does not mean they wont have a problem in 6 months.

Just to advise on the above commments regarding "getting rid of old stock", I checked with Schrader and they advise their manufacturers warranty applying to their newly-purchased sensors is 24 months on failure of any of the electronic parts contained within the sensor, including the battery. Most sensor batteries are "entombed" and difficult to remove from the unit, consequently, if there is battery failure, within the warranty period, they will supply a complete new sensor. That seems more than reasonable for a $50 item! They have been in business for 163 yrs and invented the valve as we know it and seem like a fairly reputable company. (lol)

Certainly works for me.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:17 PM
cmjuhl
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tomikem
Just to advise on the above commments regarding "getting rid of old stock", I checked with Schrader and they advise their manufacturers warranty applying to their newly-purchased sensors is 24 months on failure of any of the electronic parts contained within the sensor, including the battery. Most sensor batteries are "entombed" and difficult to remove from the unit, consequently, if there is battery failure, within the warranty period, they will supply a complete new sensor. That seems more than reasonable for a $50 item! They have been in business for 163 yrs and invented the valve as we know it and seem like a fairly reputable company. (lol)

Certainly works for me.
I agree, I sent an email to Rock Auto and Schrader TPMS Solutions prior to purchase.
They both told me I had a 2 year warranty on the product I purchased?
I hope I don't need it?

Quick Reply: 1999-2000 tpms