Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152

Slavery was legal.
Old 07-23-2022, 07:20 AM
lt4obsesses
Le Mans Master

Received 481 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by grinder11
I DO see the point, to an extent. The old saying that history repeats itself comes to mind here. I think it was the 18th amendment that prohibited alcohol sales, and it failed miserably. You cant say drugs and alcohol, because BOTH are drugs!! In fact, this quote was from an article I read where an ATF agent was questioned about alcohol and drugs. He basically said if alcohol was discovered in the last 75-100 years, it would be grouped in with Heroin, Cocaine, LSD, and other schedule 1 drugs. The only reason it isn't is because it's got a 25,000 year + head start on other schedule 1 drugs, where consumption by humans is concerned. He said people may disagree, because they think being drunk on a Friday night is almost a youthful weekend pastime. He said I see it as tens of thousands of people overdosing on alcohol, then trying to drive. Food for thought. I know prohibition didn't work for alcohol. Maybe it won't work for the other drugs, either. I don't know, but I'm sure not in favor of legalizing heroin, cocaine, LSD, etc. But I also don't know if what we're doing is working, either. I'll never forget what Trump said in one of his first public speeches after being elected. He said "The world is a mess, folks!" Like him or not, no truer words were ever spoken by any President, because we are all in one Hell of a mess, for sure.....
Did you konow that up until the Harrison Act of 1914, Cocaine and heroine were readily available over the counter. The brand name Coca Cola didn't come by accident. The original formula actually called for cocaine as an ingredient. Oddly, Coca-Cola was intially marketed as a temperance drink when Atlanta legislated prohibition. Prior to the Harrison Act, your child could go to the corner drug store and purchase any number of remedies that would include heroine or cocaine.

Anyways, if one were to use the term "double edged sword", describing the war on drugs and drug trafficing would be more like the Chinese death star. There are so many different prespectives. At the root, is the desire to alter the mood or mind, to relieve stress or pain. These are inherent in nature, and especially in humans. This creates a demand that will not be dissolved. As long as there is a demand, there will be someone that will satisfy that demand for profit.

It is a good point that one thing we should've learned from prohibition is that if you want to control something, that people want, making it illegal is the fastest way to lose control. I mean, at that point, you're simply putting the entire industry in the hands of criminals. From there stems, not only the deadly unknown concontion itself, but an entire lifestyle based on greed and violence.

About seizure and forfieture laws, that's really a tough one. Is it really a deterent? In the case of drug trafficing, probably not. If this guy has connections and good lawyer, he gets out, goes back to business and gets another car, maybe better one, in no time flat. However, there are also forfieture laws in many states for street racing. Now, in any case, there is a lot of 'judgement call' from law enforcement. For example, you're taking your Vette out for a little drive. Traffic is minimal, so you get a little spirited, I mean, you know, that's what it's for right? Along comes somebody else in a hot rod, and starts keeping up with you. Maybe trying to race, maybe just saying 'hi' as enthusaists will do. Well, you get spotted. All of a sudden, the cop makes a judgement call that you were 'street racing'. Now, here comes the tow truck and say good-bye to your beloved Corvette, as well as your driver's license. It's legal, but is it right?

Now, back to the guy in the original post. Regardless of what should be and what shouldn't be. The current law is the law. This guy made a conscious decision to violate the law. It was his choice to do so, it is the life he leads and when you choose and action, you must also accept the risk that comes with it. We can talk all day about what is right, what is wrong, what should be, what shouldn't be, and perhaps one day we'll figure all that out. But the reality is living in what is. "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."
The following users liked this post:
bc6152 (07-23-2022)
Old 07-23-2022, 02:08 PM
Randyramsey
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That’s way too dark for mag red 2.
Old 07-23-2022, 02:39 PM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

Received 825 Likes on 431 Posts
Finalist 2022 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by Randyramsey
That’s way too dark for mag red 2.
Most people make the assumption since it's a 2003, that it automatically is a 50th Anniversary Edition....Nope
Old 07-23-2022, 03:02 PM
Randyramsey
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gowenfast
Most people make the assumption since it's a 2003, that it automatically is a 50th Anniversary Edition....Nope
yeah. Key words are either “edition” or “package”. Technically all 2003’s are anniversary cars. The badges say so.

the car in the article is an anniversary package/edition. That is NOT mag red 2. It’s way too dark.

Quick Reply: man loses 50th. Ann. C5 to police