Received 450 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by -stew-
How much alcohol you got in your house?
Old 07-17-2022, 06:19 AM
grinder11
Race Director

Received 3,605 Likes on 2,556 Posts

The cops stole a car. This is not something to be applauded.
?????? Now THIS is funny stuff!!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by grinder11:
81Delorean (07-17-2022), leadfoot4 (07-17-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 10:15 AM
snaitaz@aol.com
Burning Brakes

Received 235 Likes on 149 Posts

Not enough alcohol to make me understand the logic.
Old 07-17-2022, 10:19 AM
81Delorean
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

The only people who I could think of that could rationalize the police impounding a drug dealers car and saying they "stole" it would be 1.) Relative of dealer 2.) Friend of dealer 3.) Someone who is in the same business as the dealer and doesn't think the world is fair when they get caught.
The following 2 users liked this post by 81Delorean:
bc6152 (07-17-2022), snaitaz@aol.com (07-17-2022)
Old 07-17-2022, 01:31 PM
bc6152
Drifting

Originally Posted by 81Delorean
The only people who I could think of that could rationalize the police impounding a drug dealers car and saying they "stole" it would be 1.) Relative of dealer 2.) Friend of dealer 3.) Someone who is in the same business as the dealer and doesn't think the world is fair when they get caught.
Great post and well stated...
Old 07-18-2022, 01:11 AM
Crosis
Drifting

Received 420 Likes on 281 Posts

I’m thinking one who the dealer sells to. No way a sober mind thinks that wsy.
Old 07-18-2022, 04:48 PM
-stew-
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Actually, I'm a taxpayer and someone who doesn't want to see people die from drug use. The "War on Drugs" has been the single biggest failed endeavor the US has ever undertaken. Drug prohibition has been as big of a failure, and caused all the same problems the prohibition on alcohol did.
Old 07-18-2022, 05:18 PM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

Received 825 Likes on 431 Posts
Finalist 2022 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2021 C1 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C1 of the Year - Unmodified
2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Actually, I'm a taxpayer and someone who doesn't want to see people die from drug use. The "War on Drugs" has been the single biggest failed endeavor the US has ever undertaken. Drug prohibition has been as big of a failure, and caused all the same problems the prohibition on alcohol did.
Sure thing....
The following users liked this post:
bc6152 (07-18-2022)
Old 07-19-2022, 06:07 PM
-stew-
Instructor

Originally Posted by gowenfast
Sure thing....

Prove me wrong.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:21 PM
C5MSG2004Vert
Drifting

Received 386 Likes on 274 Posts

I don't think anyone has sympathy for the drug dealer he deserves to go to prison if convicted. This is taking someone's property without due process. Sometimes law enforcement will drive the cars around as their personal vehicle. In some places the cops were impounding people autos because they had a little Marijuana. They have impounded cars after a John solicited a hooker from a car. Innocent people have been pulled over with cash in their car and the government just takes the cash. This is real not made up.
Old 07-19-2022, 07:50 PM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Prove me wrong.
Sure, why don't we legalize capital crimes while we're at it....
Old 07-19-2022, 09:30 PM
bc6152
Drifting

In my view, I believe that anyone who commits a crime is then open to whatever consequences they may incur. If a car is impounded thru a criminal incident and the person is not charged, the car is released. If convicted they lose the car UNDER THE LAW... Do the crime and you pay a penalty like this moron did with his red Corvette.

Very simple... Don't violate the law and no issues... Commit a crime and you lose,,, big time...
Old 07-20-2022, 01:40 PM
gowenfast
Le Mans Master

2018 C1 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '21

Originally Posted by bc6152
In my view, I believe that anyone who commits a crime is then open to whatever consequences they may incur. If a car is impounded thru a criminal incident and the person is not charged, the car is released. If convicted they lose the car UNDER THE LAW... Do the crime and you pay a penalty like this moron did with his red Corvette.

Very simple... Don't violate the law and no issues... Commit a crime and you lose,,, big time...
Old 07-20-2022, 02:19 PM
MWWarlord
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,112 Likes on 1,940 Posts
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '21-'22

Drinking 1 beer, or 1 shot generally isn't going to kill anybody. Often times taking 1 Fentanyl pill does KILL people. This dude was selling death for profit. As long as he's found guilty, I have no issues with whatever they want to do to him.

The following users liked this post:
snaitaz@aol.com (07-20-2022)
Old 07-20-2022, 03:16 PM
grinder11
Race Director

Received 3,605 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Originally Posted by gowenfast
I DO see the point, to an extent. The old saying that history repeats itself comes to mind here. I think it was the 18th amendment that prohibited alcohol sales, and it failed miserably. You cant say drugs and alcohol, because BOTH are drugs!! In fact, this quote was from an article I read where an ATF agent was questioned about alcohol and drugs. He basically said if alcohol was discovered in the last 75-100 years, it would be grouped in with Heroin, Cocaine, LSD, and other schedule 1 drugs. The only reason it isn't is because it's got a 25,000 year + head start on other schedule 1 drugs, where consumption by humans is concerned. He said people may disagree, because they think being drunk on a Friday night is almost a youthful weekend pastime. He said I see it as tens of thousands of people overdosing on alcohol, then trying to drive. Food for thought. I know prohibition didn't work for alcohol. Maybe it won't work for the other drugs, either. I don't know, but I'm sure not in favor of legalizing heroin, cocaine, LSD, etc. But I also don't know if what we're doing is working, either. I'll never forget what Trump said in one of his first public speeches after being elected. He said "The world is a mess, folks!" Like him or not, no truer words were ever spoken by any President, because we are all in one Hell of a mess, for sure.....
Old 07-20-2022, 04:13 PM
bc6152
Drifting

Geez, this thread started out as a news item where some dick drug dealer had his car LEGALLY confiscated. Now it's a discussion on drug and alcohol enforcement... I think we can all agree that drugs are evil and alcohol - in moderation - is OK. BTW, I'm a non drinker but have no issue with those who have a cold one or a Bloody Mary now and then...
Old 07-20-2022, 05:21 PM
-stew-
Instructor

Originally Posted by MWWarlord
Drinking 1 beer, or 1 shot generally isn't going to kill anybody. Often times taking 1 Fentanyl pill does KILL people. This dude was selling death for profit. As long as he's found guilty, I have no issues with whatever they want to do to him.
Just because it doesn't do it in one serving doesn't mean alcohol isn't horrible and responsible for the loss of hundreds of thousands of lives ever year. Not to mention second hand effects it has on hundreds of thousands of people, people killed by drunk drivers and their families. The families of people who die in alcohol related incidents.

And the reason people can take a shot or have a beer with little worry is because it`s legal. It's inspected, tested, and regulated so it's safe for consumption. In the days of alcohol prohibition there was a good chance a drink would kill or mame you. Bathtub gin and wood alcohol took and ruined a lot of lives.

Get notified of new replies

To man loses 50th. Ann. C5 to police

Old 07-20-2022, 05:25 PM
-stew-
Instructor

Originally Posted by bc6152
Geez, this thread started out as a news item where some dick drug dealer had his car LEGALLY confiscated. Now it's a discussion on drug and alcohol enforcement... I think we can all agree that drugs are evil and alcohol - in moderation - is OK. BTW, I'm a non drinker but have no issue with those who have a cold one or a Bloody Mary now and then...
Stop conflating things being legal as them being right.

Killing Anne Franke was legal,, keeping her alive and safe in an attic was illegal.
Old 07-20-2022, 09:16 PM
snaitaz@aol.com
Burning Brakes

Received 235 Likes on 149 Posts

The atom bomb was supposed to be a deterrent against stupid leaders of their respective nation who thought war was a good idea for profit until the dragon was unleashed. Up until then no leader ever thought that the US President would use it until he did. I for one am proud that he did although it did destroy everything in its path, but it also saved uncounted millions more. So, the bomb, drugs, alcohol and prostitution will never go away until the need for such things goes away. The death penalty is the best deterrent IMO against such things. So yes, the individual that was caught with all those things should definitely be dealt with in a way that will deter others. Maybe we should bring back beheadings, firing squads and death squads. Remember your history folks, this country has conducted all those types of things in the name of democracy and still we are in a mess. Cheers!!!
Old 07-22-2022, 11:55 AM
bc6152
Drifting

Stop conflating things being legal as them being right.

Killing Anne Franke was legal,, keeping her alive and safe in an attic was illegal.

Quick Reply: man loses 50th. Ann. C5 to police