Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 03:19 PM
Natetron
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (VetteCrazy02)

thanx for some of the owners sticking up for our trucks. It's funny cause i can't get a vet to run me. I came up on a zo6 today and a coupe and nothing. The coupe driver looked at me like an ahole. the zo6 driver was cool but avoided me. Who knows maybe running on the street isn't their thing,but as soon as that zo6 saw me he was doing wot turning tires over until i talked to him. I really like zo6's and on the street it's fun and games sometimes to run eachother. For the snobby vet owners on here you will quickly find your hands full at a light. with little money spent our trucks get fast. mine is pushing 390 rwhp with 475 torque and i still have parts in my garage. Not as fast as some cars but thats pretty damn good compared to some.

any vets in the frisco / mckinney area want to run sometime for shats n giggles, my email addy is in my profile.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:20 PM
JACSZ06
Instructor

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (Natetron)

I think this thread initially started as a laugh about the pieces of junk that wanted to race a Corvette owner on the street. A lot of us chimed in about how pos trucks tried to race us. I'm not saying that a Lightning fits into that category. What I'm saying is that it has its own niche which is not the same as a Corvette. We can go round and round about who has what mod and who has more horsepower blah, blah, blah. There's always something faster. Let's stick with original idea of the thread and talk about the biggest pos car or truck that has ever challenged you. :thumbs:
Old 04-01-2003, 12:25 PM
FLYNLO
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (90 Corvette ZR-1)

And we wonder why people think that vette owners are dicks.
No S*H*I*T. This guy does no bashing and is perfectly respectful, and y'all blast him. Come on. Show a little more hospitality than that. He is on the Vette forum probably to gain info about the car. And all you are doing is propagating the sterotype. Grow up folks. 12.5 in the quarter mile is fast in any vehicle....and even more impressive in a 4700lb truck.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:05 PM
cobalt454
Heel & Toe

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (FLYNLO)

How do you guys get the trucks to hook up? Historically, traction was always a problem with high HP pick ups. Bob
Old 04-01-2003, 02:00 PM
jojog
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (5.slow)

Here in Houston it is usually pickups - with dual exhausts and brush guards - that adds 50HP you know! I force myself (most of the time) to ignore them and remember that win, lose or draw - when it is over, I will still be in a Vette!!! That will not change and is enough for me - most often. :thumbs:
Old 04-01-2003, 02:53 PM
1REBEL
Instructor

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (cobalt454)

Cobalt454: You are correct. Lack of traction is our biggest nemesis. We do add some form of traction control such as: ladder-bars, Caltracks, slapper-bars, 4-link system, shims(pinion-angle fix), and fiddling with tire pressure. The biggest help is drag slicks. I use M/T ET Streets(26x11.5x16") on ARE Bajas(16x10") as that was the only way I could get my L into the 12s at the two tracks I go to. Some L owners are into the low-12s on F1s :eek: but not me. Btw, the only track mod for me is the change in tires. The rest of my mods are on as I drive it daily to and from work.

Dan
Old 04-02-2003, 05:49 PM
Natetron
2nd Gear

Yeah. traction bars. They are like magic. As soon as i put them on my L i didn't have as big of a traction issue anymore, probably just as good traction on take off as a car or better. it also improved braking and handling.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Lashtal
Le Mans Master

Default Re: What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race? (neile)

In the SF Bay Area it seems that a C5 on the freeway is like waving a red flag in front of a bull: I constantly have Jettas, Passats and Audis overtaking me and moving into my lane in front of me. Strange.

Neil.
When I lived down there I used to get that too... I just kept it above 80 most of the time - and that was just to keep up with normal traffic! :D

:cheers:
Old 08-27-2004, 05:11 PM
n1kki6
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

resurected

Quick Reply: [Z06] What is the biggest pos car that has ever challenged you to a race?