Crazy crotch rocket

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 04:27 PM
YBNORML
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy crotch rocket

Has this happened to anyone else?
Bought my 2000 coupe back in March and since then, this has happened to me twice.
I was going down interstate 270 in Gaithersburg MD cruizin' at about 70 when this guy on one of those japanese go fast bikes pulled up next to me, pulled a wheelie and kept it up for about a quarter mile. There were cars all over the place but he kept real good control. This is the second time someone has done this so I'm thinking is this some kind of a wave or what? In 34 years of driving, nothing like this has ever happened but in the last 5 months, it happened twice! It was pretty cool looking but I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:36 PM
Husker67
Burning Brakes

I have seen it numerous times here in Houston. I figure it is God's way of culling out the idiots!
Old 08-16-2004, 04:36 PM
red97vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it dosent happen often... atleast to me, ive only had that happen once.

Old 08-16-2004, 04:38 PM
srchief100
Burning Brakes

The "Crazy on the Crotch Rocket". It seems that I (we) are always being challenged by some immature individual in some way or another. I've even had this happen from other Vette drivers, and at the risk of sounding like an "old-fart" the drivers were usually young and inexperienced.

Irresponsibility is the key word here. The dude on the bike is risking his life as well as others. Stay safe my friend
Old 08-16-2004, 04:38 PM
natedog4g
Racer

ive been the one doing it more times than i have seen it.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:39 PM
Skull One
Drifting

See this in Dallas as well. Best one to date, three of them riding wheelies all at the same time (in the same lane) for more than a half mile at 75 MPH. I was making bets with my wife on which one would be a darwin award winner that day.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:41 PM
bsmith
Team Owner

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

I had a jackazz pull up next to me on the busiest street in Lincoln and start hopping the bike just Saturday night.
I ignored him and he gave me a thumbs down and then ripped through traffic...
I was ready to chalk it up to youth and stupidity, but when I got to Hooters the guy had a long gray ponytail and was obviously in his late 50's-early 60's
I guess I always figured people were more mature than that by that age.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:44 PM
srchief100
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bsmith
I had a jackazz pull up next to me on the busiest street in Lincoln and start hopping the bike just Saturday night.
I ignored him and he gave me a thumbs down and then ripped through traffic...
I was ready to chalk it up to youth and stupidity, but when I got to Hooters the guy had a long gray ponytail and was obviously in his late 50's-early 60's
I guess I always figured people were more mature than that by that age.
Sounds like the best decision he made that day was going to Hooters!
Old 08-16-2004, 04:49 PM
BADBOYINDC
Racer

dont crack on the bike i ride a rocket it is not the bike it is the rider you all sound like you are HD rider when you cant lift the wheel off the ground if you was to ride one of the *** bike you would pull the wheels off the ground but i will never pull it up on 270 i live out there and that was stupid but you only live once
Old 08-16-2004, 04:51 PM
NoelsTorchredZ
Burning Brakes

I see guys doing that stupid stuff here in Tampa all the time. And no, I'm not an old fart, and I had a "crotch rocket" at one time too, but if you want to bust up yourself and your stuff, that's cool. Just do it on a back road where you won't damage mine (or any one elses) property or cause them to have an accident. These guys can't have thier bikes taken away from them quick enough! There's never a good LEO around when you want them
Old 08-16-2004, 04:52 PM
DaBoz
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was driving on the freeway last year when a guy went by me in the fast lane doing a wheely at about 75 mph... I acutally had time to call a friend on my cell and tell him about while the guy was still up..... That dude has more b@lls than I'll ever have, or want
c5chris
Le Mans Master

Happened to me driving in a Mexican Track around 1 am. This guy spread his legs and popped a wheelie while keeping up with me at 100 mph. I thought it was cool but I kept a lane between us and slowed down after a few seconds.

Cant have him in my conscience if ever he makes a mistake.
CAJUNY2KC5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Husker67
I have seen it numerous times here in Houston. I figure it is God's way of culling out the idiots!

Unfortunately, He is a little behind on His culling schedule at the moment.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:57 PM
bsmith
Team Owner

Received 62 Likes on 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by BADBOYINDC
dont crack on the bike i ride a rocket it is not the bike it is the rider you all sound like you are HD rider when you cant lift the wheel off the ground if you was to ride one of the *** bike you would pull the wheels off the ground but i will never pull it up on 270 i live out there and that was stupid but you only live once

punctuation is your friend
Old 08-16-2004, 05:02 PM
NoelsTorchredZ
Burning Brakes

Don't tell me, english is a second language No one is busting on the bike. Like I said I had one at one time. It's the idiots they attract. If your a responsible rider, then your one of the good ones!
Old 08-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Cocked and Locked
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I've seen it once. They eventually will end up scraping up the mess of these daredevils from the pavement. Locally, about two weeks ago, a young man with his girlfriend on the back of his bike was weaving in and out and between heavy traffic on an interstate. Both were killed when he lost control of the bike. Sometimes they just don't realize the consequences of their stupidity.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:07 PM
MyOwn69
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Punctuation is your friend."

Unfortunately, they've never met!

Get notified of new replies

To Crazy crotch rocket

Old 08-16-2004, 05:10 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a guy doing a tank-sit at 80 down I-75 in dallas - he was a dumba$$ plain and simple.

I've owned four bikes (all so-called crotchrockets), one of them the fastest production bike money could buy (at the time). It is definitely the rider, not the bike.

What is both unfortunate and angering is people like that give riders a bad reputation and increase insurance premiums for all.

My 6-month on the Hayabusa was $470 and it is less than that for the corvette to put it in perspective - it's all about the statistics of people getting hurt - statistics that people like this eventually become a part of.

I could go on...
Old 08-16-2004, 05:14 PM
CAJUNY2KC5
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by MyOwn69
"Punctuation is your friend."

Unfortunately, they've never met!

Isn't Punctuation a member over on the Rolls Royce Forum???
Old 08-16-2004, 05:17 PM
Zilla
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: All that glitters is Gold - Hockey Is CANADA'S game
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

Not as of yet

Quick Reply: Crazy crotch rocket