Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car show judging

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 09:39 AM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I try to compete in a minimum of two shows a year. Not to win but to have a good excuse for the Warden (read wife) to let me spend a week with the car just cleaning it. This year I've finished Second, Skunked, First and Skunked. You never know what to expect but you better be sure the car is clean, and I mean clean. I agree that a new "off the floor" car can not finish first, they're still too dirty.

If you enjoy cleaning your car, and like spending a day, or weekend, in the sun with other car nuts, then you'll enjoy showing your car. If you're in it to just win then you'll hate it unless you plan on trailering your car and never driving it. These contests often come down to a piece of lint behind the seat, or a smudge of dirt in some crevice you missed.

Have fun!

Old 08-29-2004, 10:48 AM
bowtiebubba
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This show was not a NCCC judged event, it was judged by the host corvette club and their cars was also entered and of course most of the winners were in the club. I guess i was just being a little nieve that it would be fair. I dont mind losing a car show if i was beat by a better car. I guess the high point of the show was meeting a nice couple that was parked next to us good conversation.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:31 AM
mfh4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was interested to read the comment about "most people like red corvettes". At the last car show, I watched the spectators as they looked over about 7 vettes (C3's, C4's, and a red one which was a C5) all parked together and it did seem like more were stopping to look at the red one the most. I really didn't care... just an observation. But it was interesting that in the show, the only cars that won were older vintage cars... nothing newer than about 1970. So I think it depends on what the organizers want to home in on. It's like several have said.. just go and enjoy yourself.

Quick Reply: Car show judging