Sponsored by:

GHL...Magnum Series....Special

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 09:46 AM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,049 Likes on 613 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

From what I understand (and I just purchased Bullet system), and this is by no means gospel, just how I understood it:

Bullets = all polished stainless steel, 6-inch muffler/can, no interior resonance. Avail in variety of tips styles.

Magnum Plus = Same as Bullet (6-inch cans/muffler) w/ no interior resonance except over-axle pipe not polished. Avail only in 2 tip style.

Magnum = Over axle pipe not polished, all else polished stainless steel; smaller 5-inch can/muffler than Bullet/Magnum Plus so there is chance for interior resonance. Apparently a bit more aggresive/louder than Bullet/Magnum Plus due to smaller 5-inch can. Avail in 2 and 4 tip style.

This is what I have gleened from reading literature/posts/talking with Brian at GHL. Call him and he can explain it to you. I did Bullets w/ no x-pipe on 2004 A4 otherwise un-modded car this week and I like.

From the LAPD website: www.thelapd.com

MAGNUM PLUS:
This system offers the same non-resonance technology as the GHL Bullet system. Only exception is over the axle pipes are not polished. Want that 60's V8 muscle car sound on your C5/Z06 without the drawbacks of interior resonance? This is the exhaust system that should have been factory equipment on your Corvette! Trust us when we say this is the exhaust system you have to have! A totally new C5/Z06 Exhaust System with True Muscle-Car Sound! Now enjoy deep muscle car rumble without interior resonance. Our straight through muffler design and large sweeping bends give better flow for more seat of the pants horsepower. And those you leave behind will have a great view of these unique tips, which are available in five styles: 3-inch round, 3-inch bullseye, 3.5" bullseye or dual ovals. All GHL Motorsports systems are made of lightweight, TIG welded T-304 stainless steel, the highest quality available, backed by a lifetime warranty for as long as you own your car.

BULLETS
Want that 60's V8 muscle car sound on your C5/Z06 without the drawbacks of interior resonance? This is the exhaust system that should have been factory equipment on your Corvette! Trust us when we say this is the exhaust system you have to have! A totally new C5/Z06 Exhaust System with True Muscle-Car Sound! Now enjoy deep muscle car rumble without interior resonance. Our straight through muffler design and large sweeping bends give better flow for more seat of the pants horsepower. And those you leave behind will have a great view of these unique tips, which are available in five styles: 3-inch round, 3-inch bullseye, 3.5" bullseye or dual ovals. All GHL Motorsports systems are made of lightweight, TIG welded T-304 stainless steel, the highest quality available, backed by a lifetime warranty for as long as you own your car.

MAGNUM (from GHL Website www.ghlmotorsports.com)
The Magnum series features a 2 tip design or a 4 tip design. Each system is manufactured by hand tig welded using American aircraft quality 304 stainless. Direct bolt on using factory mount locations. The partially polished system features a five inch muffler providing the V8 rumble with only minor interior resonance at cruising. The 4 inch double wall tip as well as the simple design of the tip transition allows for a moderately priced system for your C5/ZO6.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:55 AM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,049 Likes on 613 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

From what I understand:

Bullets = Completely polished stainless steel, 6-inch mufffler/can, no interior resonance; variety of tips styles

Magnum Plus = Over-axle tube not polished, the rest is; same 6-inch can as Bullet so no interior resonance, available only in 2 tip version

Magnum = Over-axle tube not polished, the rest is; smaller 5-inch can for louder/more aggressive sound, some interior resonance at certain RPM's possible; avail in 2 and 4 tip versions.

This is what I have gleened from deciding what to do over last month or two, don't take as gospel. Got my Bullets this week, put em on, very cool. Nice sound, no resonance in cabin. Glad I went with GHL; for specifics you can call Brian directly at GHL (www.ghlmotorsports.com) and he can give the actual specifics.

Quick Reply: GHL...Magnum Series....Special