Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor Quality-Brushed aluminum C5 console

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 06:41 PM
JimAgain
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RK Sport is usually pretty good. Now that I see the picture, it makes sense that it's a spray on treatment. I hope no one expected milled or even pressed aluminum for shapes like that for anything less than $500.00.

If anyone has seen anything BETTER than this RKS set up I would be curious to see it. Just curious.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:49 PM
zinbaad
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Elite Engineering
Have you thought about beadblasting the aluminum and then clear anodizing it? Just a thought.

I would love the look beadblasted and clear but as i said they were plastic or a resin and sprayed aluminum paint no other clearcoat. Only wish it was aluminum
Old 11-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Ron Price
Burning Brakes

I don't think that you could begin to get actual aluminum for $500. I understand that even the cover on the C6 is plastic with some sort of finish. I just bought a different set of molded covers for my C5 after having put a similar set on my daily driver (Grand Prix). After having the cover installed in my Pontiac for over a year, I decided that it would look OK to put one on my C5. I ordered brushed aluminum from Mid America. While it is not real aluminum, the finish I have on my console kit looks about like I expected. The fit of both my console kits is really good and installation is a snap. Overall, I am pleased and my wife says it looks much better than stock. Sorry you had such a bad experience with yours. Hope you get reimbursed. JMHO.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:46 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 154 Likes on 74 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by Evil-Twin
I would call the credit card company, and say This product was junk, and you want to dispute the charge,... and the cost to return itand restocking fee.. in other words because this is junk. you should not have to pay return shipping and restock fee...
It's mail order, there is no way for you to verify the work up front. The shipping charges should be refunded. Has the vendor been given a chance to step up to the plate?

Paul

Quick Reply: Poor Quality-Brushed aluminum C5 console