Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Roush Stang Salesmen Claim About ZO6

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 01:15 PM
jone
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who cares how fast a Mustang is in the quarter mile? Once you try to throw it into a corner you'll grind the door handles off.

It's flattering that the 'stang folks are trying to keep up in the straights but they just can't match the total package...
Old 07-23-2001, 02:27 PM
The Director
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with ArizonaZ06...talk is cheap. On Friday June 22nd I raced one of those Rousche Mustangs at the Atlanta Dragway in Commerce. Whupped his butt to the point that the dude wanted to try again. We did, he lost, then copped a big attitude and wouldn't even share his time slip.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:10 PM
2k Cobra
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Ichy,

Way to Go!!! And that was in a straight line.

You ought to line him up with one of the Z06 track guys and really see him get killed.

Just a Mustang.

Congratulations, many more to come!

Old 07-24-2001, 12:48 AM
KMeloney
Drifting

I'm still wondering how this Roush 'stang could get the numbers it claims with "3.07" (it's a 3.08 on a Ford, anyway) gears. That any aftermarket company would drop $20g+ into a car and not swap in lower gears (when starting with gears so tall) is beyond me. No better bang-for-the-buck in a Mustang than gears.

I have nothing against Mustangs other than I don't like the post-'93 bodies, and that I've "seen the light" with the C5 (specifically my Z). I still have a '93 Cobra, with a Vortech, gears, exhaust, yadda yadda yadda, and it's a BEAST. I learned a lot about cars and engines and making a car go fast through modding that car. I "owe" something to that.

Roush, like Steeda and some others, just doesn't have nearly as good a starting point as we do with our Vettes. You can't blame 'em for trying, I suppose!

-Kirk

Old 07-24-2001, 05:29 PM
z064ddle
Racer

I just can't believe people are making comparision between a rustang and a Corvette. I don't care how fast the rustang is or how nice it looks, it has no class compare to the Vette, and I don't think it will ever be.

I don't know why people don't have a good common sense, they are comparing apple to orange. I can always say that my mods up Civic can blow away all of those rustangs, Vettes, Vipers, and Porsche.....

Don't worry about stupid people, just know that you own one of the best, the Z06.

Old 07-24-2001, 08:23 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Bottom line an overpriced Rustang...Damn they have no clue on styling

Quick Reply: [Z06] Roush Stang Salesmen Claim About ZO6