Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Looking for c5 head light. None flip

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 02:53 PM
1Sonny
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for c5 head light. None flip

Looking for c5 head light. None flip kind. the look I'm looking for is the c6 look. Has anyone out there made anything like that?
Thanks guys
Old 07-09-2005, 03:12 PM
CCONKLIN1
Drifting

Received 69 Likes on 38 Posts

oh my!!! junior members...gotta love 'em!
Do a search and you will find a couple of options. key words "spectre works" "c5r lights"
Best,
Chris
Old 07-09-2005, 03:20 PM
1Sonny
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CCONKLIN1
oh my!!! junior members...gotta love 'em!
Do a search and you will find a couple of options. key words "spectre works" "c5r lights"
Best,
Chris
What do you think I'm doing. I suppose you know it all. This is what the forum is for Smart guy.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:29 PM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Before you purchase either of the ones presently available, and after you have reviewed the posts regarding them, be SURE to see them in person on a Vette.

I have looked at the ones suggested (and others that are one offs), and cannot bring myself to use any of them due to the 'looks'.

Good luck - keep us apprised of your progress.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:08 AM
craigo
Instructor

Location: "Second place is just the first loser" Edmond, Oklahoma
Default non popups

I have the Breathless Performance Products non popups on my 98 coupe and think they look best...... they have a 'smooth' look' - their website is www.breathlessperformance.com. List is around $1300 but I bought mine used for $700 and then ordered new plastic covers. I like 'em !!
ps- don't let the 'know-it-alls' on here get you down...... I went throught the same crap with some of these morons. You're absolutely right - this forum IS the place to find some help - not get insulted and the large majority of folks on here are VERY willing to share info without putting you down. Have fun !! that's what it's all about
craig
Old 07-10-2005, 09:23 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,252 Likes on 1,672 Posts

Originally Posted by craigo
I have the Breathless Performance Products non popups on my 98 coupe and think they look best...... they have a 'smooth' look' - their website is www.breathlessperformance.com. List is around $1300 but I bought mine used for $700 and then ordered new plastic covers. I like 'em !!
ps- don't let the 'know-it-alls' on here get you down...... I went throught the same crap with some of these morons. You're absolutely right - this forum IS the place to find some help - not get insulted and the large majority of folks on here are VERY willing to share info without putting you down. Have fun !! that's what it's all about
craig
Do you have any pics of the lights? Went to their web site but can't click on the pics for a better look.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:52 AM
ace67
Racer

Dont mean to hijack but iam curios how the light from the non pop lights are . Are they better or worse than the orginal popup ones ?

thanx in advance

craig
Old 07-10-2005, 09:48 PM
craigo
Instructor

Default BPPs

I'll have to take a picture that's a smaller file size.... the ones I have are over 1mb and they won't upload. As for the light, they are OK, but they're not as bright as I thought they would be....... in fact, I run with hi beams on all the time (the HID bulbs) and no one seems to care. It's something I need to investigate but haven't taken the time. But overall, I think they are a great product and really, all of the BPP stuff is good. But, non-popups aren't for everyone - some people don't really like their looks. I happen to like them........... I don't particularly like RED corvettes..... but that's just me...... to each his own!! I'll try to get some pics posted on here in the next day or so....
Old 07-11-2005, 12:39 AM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,252 Likes on 1,672 Posts

........... I don't particularly like RED corvettes..... but that's just me...... to each his own!! I'll try to get some pics posted on here in the next day or so....
Hey no ragging on red vettes! thanks for the pics in advance.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:47 AM
MUKAK
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

whats wrong with RED VETTES?

I dont really like AUTOMATIC VETTEs, but its your choice...........

Why would you get an AUTO Vette?............................
Old 07-15-2005, 12:36 AM
1Sonny
Intermediate

craig
Thanks for the backup & for the info. I seen the ones your talking about and they look great. thank again Sonny
Old 07-15-2005, 10:01 AM
craigo
Instructor

Default Arrest me Red

Red vettes are fine - I just wouldn't buy one. I have 3 c5's - two have automatic and one has a 6 speed (bowling green 2000, Sebring Silver 98 and Black 99). For me, automatic transmission cars work better for autocross - it's hard enough but putting my left foot into the equation is even more confusing. I don't do much drag racing, but if I did, I'd probably want a 6 speed - I have and have had both. I have seen some BEAUTIFUL red or brightly colored corvettes......... but I don't even wear RED shirts, much less drive a red car - personal choice and my comment about red was nothing more than a response to some one who didn't like non-popup headlights- like I said my brother, to each his own - there is no right or wrong answer. Some one else even said it better: opinions are like *******s, everybody has one. Peace ! and remember to save the wave
craig
Old 07-15-2005, 10:03 AM
NXVette
Racer

Originally Posted by 1Sonny
Looking for c5 head light. None flip kind. the look I'm looking for is the c6 look. Has anyone out there made anything like that?
Thanks guys
Here's mine from Breathless Performance.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:56 AM
craigo
Instructor

i just got the non popups - not the blonde. I didn't see her in the catalogue either ........ nice ride, dude (the car)
Old 07-15-2005, 11:20 AM
NXVette
Racer

i just got the non popups - not the blonde. I didn't see her in the catalogue either ........ nice ride, dude (the car)
Thanks.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:24 PM
motorpsycho98vette
Instructor

Default any selling their breathless non pop up lights?

Hey all I am a newbie to the site. Anyone selling their breathless headlights?
Steve
98 vette
Old 08-15-2005, 12:30 PM
NXVette
Racer

Originally Posted by motorpsycho98vette
Hey all I am a newbie to the site. Anyone selling their breathless headlights?
Steve
98 vette
Sometime, you can look in the C5 parts section. Good luck

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for c5 head light. None flip

Quick Reply: Looking for c5 head light. None flip