Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

FS 19 inch CCW505A's Great shape!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by zonsolo
LOL!!! Think i'm gonna start me a side business. This is called flipping and if it were real estate would be criminal. Good thing the forums don't care!

wait it is illegal to buy a house, fix it up and sell it for more? They show it on TV every week.

BTW - nice rims and a great price...
Old 02-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Vettegator
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome wheels at an awesome price. i wish i had some extra scratch to buy these.

also, not that my opinion matters, but guys WTF?? By your logic, if he somehow got these wheels for lets say $100, does that mean he has to sell them at that price?

He got a good deal when he bought them....yippee!!! Nowhere is it written that he has to pass them along for what he paid.

Either way, this is a very good price for these.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:05 PM
JWB ZO6
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Last I checked this is the USA and if the price isn't good no one would buy them. Get what you can there is no reason to give them away.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:17 PM
Z06_Joe
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Are these still available for purchase or is there a line of tire kickers LOL ahead of me? -Joe
Old 02-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by smdorsey
Dan,
Any assumtion could have been avoided by providing this information in your intial post. My opologies, but this forum has become a hangout for shady dealsmen and low lifes.
Peace.
you probably couldnt afford them anyway. TTT for Dan
Old 02-16-2006, 08:46 PM
C5Aggie03
Instructor

Put me next in line. I've been looking for these for a while.

Last edited by C5Aggie03; 02-16-2006 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:32 AM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by GS057
Yep, I live in Austin and tried to purchase them for the $2200 price locally but Dan had already snatched them up. Thanks for taking away a good deal on CCW's so you can make a quick profit.

Original post CCW's
I already said in my original post that I intended on using these but caught a good deal on a set of 19/20 combo's. I had no intentions of buying and reselling these, it's just the way it worked out. I would tell you what I bought and for how much, but then if I go to sell those more than likely all you guys that are complaining would be asking how much I paid for those when I got them!! Honestly, welcome to America. I got these at a good price, decided not to go with them, and now I am selling them at still a good price!!! I easily could have came on here and sold them for more, they sold in an hour or so, but I didn't, I still offered a good deal to someone else, more than some people would do on here. Not to mention the fact that I offered them to the same price to Marco, nextphasemarco, because of the confusion when I originally bought them. I apologize to all that are upset that I caught the original deal and I didn't pass on the same exact deal. One person made mention about real estate, did you ask how much the original owners of your house paid, and ask to pay that? And, I don't know what you're talking about with flipping realestate and it being illegal!?!?!? That has been the biggest thing going for the last 5 years, and in no way is it illegal!! Peope have been making 100's of thouusands of dollars in no time, and that's cool, I make a couple bucks and I'm the biggest jerk ever!! I just don't get it.
For all of you that did stand up for me, I apreciate it. I'm sure that you guys see that Yeah, I got a deal, and I still offered one. These are the most sought after wheels for a C5, anyone here knows that. I could have pushed that price up a little with no problem at all.
The line is forming, and I am taking note of order. Thanks everybody!
To all, have a great night, sorry some of you disagree with me. Thanks for looking!! Dan

Last edited by SpeedyD; 02-17-2006 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:33 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

ttt - if I didnt have 2 sets already I would seriously consider these...

Old 02-17-2006, 07:49 AM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

What a bunch of Whiners...... jeeez. Get a grip people you sound like a bunch of snot nosed bratty kids. Like stated above its america and you have the freedom to do what you like here. If the shoe was on the other foot would you just sell something for what you paid when you know you could make a profit, he still sold these at a killer price... so what if he got a deal, your just pissed cause you missed out. You snooze you loose.

And for the real estate flipping comment, its not illegal in any way shape or form to purchase a property fix it up a bit and sell for a profit. I have done it on the last 3 properties I have bought.

To the seller: Glad to see these go fast, you got a great deal and were able to make a few bucks and a member here got a great looking set of wheels at a great price, in my eyes the seller and buyer both win.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:35 AM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MVR 155

To the seller: Glad to see these go fast, you got a great deal and were able to make a few bucks and a member here got a great looking set of wheels at a great price, in my eyes the seller and buyer both win.
That's exactly what I was trying to pass on here, still give a good deal to a CF member. But you give an inch and some want a yard. I guess they just don't understand!! To think I could have easily posted these on Ebay, put a thread in here pointing people to Ebay, and bid them out. I would have easily gotten quite a few more bucks for them there.
Maybe all the complainers have money they can just throw away, I for one, have plenty of bills and can't throw hundreds out the window. I think I was fair in passing along a good deal to another member. I know the person that the sale is pneding to is very happy with teh deal they're getting. To all, have a great day!! Thank God it's Friday!! Dan
Old 02-17-2006, 08:43 AM
msj2222
Burning Brakes

Glad you sold them and as long as the seller and buyer are happy thats a good deal. I wish I had the money they looked like beautiful wheels and it seems like you gave them a fair and honest description--Too bad everone does'nt do that. Its no sin to make a few bucks, bet your *** if I come across a great deal and take the risk I'm not going to feel bad to make a few extra bucks if I re-sell them. plus shipping stuff like this is a pain
Old 02-17-2006, 11:02 AM
smdorsey
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikester
you probably couldnt afford them anyway. TTT for Dan

Oh sorry there Ikieboy, it took me a while to respond... I was taking a dip and a tub this morning with my coffee. Anyway that was a good one.
Dan, glad you found a buyer and good luck in finding your 19/20's. Post pix!

Last edited by smdorsey; 02-17-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:29 PM
o2z51
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That still is a fair price speedy d plus im sure you broke your a$$ polishing those, You Know if u waited 2 weeks prob no one would have remembered and u would have been a hero...
Old 02-17-2006, 04:39 PM
zonsolo
Drifting

Ok, just to clear the wind a bit, you are not flipping if you are making a "monetary" investment. Flipping IS illegal, if you don't believe me, ask the 100 or so "private company" owners currently being pursued in North Ohio. But I guess you guys know everything.... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...state+flipping

If you are buying and reselling w/o investing any additional money (labor does not count), then you are flipping. It is illegal because rings of flippers can cause disturbances in specific neighborhoods by buying and reselling to each other.

You guys who are buying and reselling better not refer to yourselves as real estate flippers or you may someday end up in trouble.

Dan, I have no problem with people buying and making money reselling here on the forums. I'm not a moderator and don't want to be, but the rules do stipulate that you can only buy and sell "personal" items, and its a stretch to claim something is personal if you never actually had them on your car. I don't care to get into a pissing match with everyone on here because obviously everyone knows everything and their is no point in giving people a reason to argue. And maybe posting in this post is not fair to you or your deal, but there is alot of folks on this forum cherry picking all the good deals, buying on other forums, or ebay, only to turn them around and resell it here. Clearly a voilation unless you are a paying vendor, and even then, a bit unethical if you consider yourself a "fellow enthusiast." - again not claiming that you are, because a quick look into your history shows very little for sale ads.

Last edited by zonsolo; 02-17-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:31 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by zonsolo
Ok, just to clear the wind a bit, you are not flipping if you are making a "monetary" investment. Flipping IS illegal, if you don't believe me, ask the 100 or so "private company" owners currently being pursued in North Ohio. But I guess you guys know everything.... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...state+flipping

If you are buying and reselling w/o investing any additional money (labor does not count), then you are flipping. It is illegal because rings of flippers can cause disturbances in specific neighborhoods by buying and reselling to each other.

You guys who are buying and reselling better not refer to yourselves as real estate flippers or you may someday end up in trouble.

Dan, I have no problem with people buying and making money reselling here on the forums. I'm not a moderator and don't want to be, but the rules do stipulate that you can only buy and sell "personal" items, and its a stretch to claim something is personal if you never actually had them on your car. I don't care to get into a pissing match with everyone on here because obviously everyone knows everything and their is no point in giving people a reason to argue. And maybe posting in this post is not fair to you or your deal, but there is alot of folks on this forum cherry picking all the good deals, buying on other forums, or ebay, only to turn them around and resell it here. Clearly a voilation unless you are a paying vendor, and even then, a bit unethical if you consider yourself a "fellow enthusiast." - again not claiming that you are, because a quick look into your history shows very little for sale ads.
I hear what you are saying here. Thing is I did buy them to use on my car, that was the true purpose, thing is, I ran into a deal with a 19/20 combo, which is what I really wanted in the first place. I have seen numerous posts in the past where people have bought many items that they themselves have said they never used and are selling, yet this is their personal property. I would say it becomes personal property when you dish out the money for it. I think the only difference here is is that it's public knowledge what I paid for it. If I had bought these, say for 3000, and were selling them for 2800, there would be no problem at all. There would be no crying, no one would be saying, hey let me give you the extra 200 because that's what you paid. No one would be writing and saying, uhhh technically that's not personal property because it wasn't on your car, none of this would be happening. If I thought this much drama would come of this I would have just listed them on Ebay and let people bid against it and put the extra money in my pocket. One way or another people here find a way to complain. It's not enough that I offer an honest description to the T, it's not enough that I include all the pics that I can, and it's still not enough that someone is still getting a good deal! People will always find something to complain about. And zonsolo this isn't directly pointed at you, it's to everyone that has had anything negative to say about this. To all of you, pretend that you didn't know what I paid for them, then I would look like a hero!! I didn't buy these to make a profit, otherwise I would have sold them for the real price I could have gotten. Because I am an enthusaist and do like to be fair I still did offer a deal to another CF member. I know you all think I made some great profit on these. My cost was 2550 to my door. So I made 250. I spent 4 hours polishing, another hour or so to drag the wheels out, take pics, put them back, there will be another hour or so to box them up, I spent an hour listing, I have to spend a half hour to ship them, I've spent a half hour looking for the cheapest shipping for the buyer, another 1/2 hour helping him find new tires, and all the time I have spent replying to all these posts. So for 81/2 hours I made 250, big whoop!! I don't know what the rest of you make, but I'm sure most of you make more than 250 for a days work!! I know I sure the hell do!! When you really break it down, it was a fair price, but I guess that's just my opinion. If all the complainers want to sell their stuff dirt cheap, please, contact me first, I would like a GHL exhaust, 6 inch cans please, a supercharger, I won't be picky at dirt cheap, the 06 z06 brake upgrade, carbotech pads with that please and all the other good upgrades you might have!! But I'm sure for the most part, everyone wants a fair deal, and that's exactly what I offered here! To all, have a great night!!! Thanks, Dan
Old 02-17-2006, 09:58 PM
NXTFAZE
Melting Slicks

Received 260 Likes on 76 Posts

Dan,

Don't let all these haters get to ya.... I was bidding on these rims on LS1tech at the same time, but Dan was lucky enough to PM the seller first. He got a great deal!!!

He is offering a fair price, cheaper than anyone else w/ the same rims. He PM'ed me to buy the rims since he found some 20's (which he wanted in the first place) at the original price.

I actually encouraged him to sell for a higher price so he could get the rims he really wanted at a great price also.

Good luck in the sale Dan....everyone else that is not serious about buying the rims need not post.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:11 AM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by nextphasemarko
Dan,

Don't let all these haters get to ya.... I was bidding on these rims on LS1tech at the same time, but Dan was lucky enough to PM the seller first. He got a great deal!!!

He is offering a fair price, cheaper than anyone else w/ the same rims. He PM'ed me to buy the rims since he found some 20's (which he wanted in the first place) at the original price.

I actually encouraged him to sell for a higher price so he could get the rims he really wanted at a great price also.

Good luck in the sale Dan....everyone else that is not serious about buying the rims need not post.

Thanks Marco!!

Get notified of new replies

To FS 19 inch CCW505A's Great shape!!

Old 02-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Brannon
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nextphasemarko

I don't care what Dan paid for the wheels. I'm glad to give him $2,800 should the buyer fall through.

Last edited by Brannon; 02-18-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:58 PM
C5Aggie03
Instructor

I'm kinda stunned by all the bitching and crying on this post. Maybe this forum should be called "Former Z28.com posters after they got a real job". If you feel the need to post a picture of your pool to defend yourself against an internet tough guy, that’s just sad. I hate to single you out but come on. If you can afford a place like that you can buy the wheels new. Most of the people on this forum can probably drop $5K on some rims but choose to find a good deal. This crying on this post is a little embarrassing and I hope to get a good deal myself but I might just shell out the money instead of having to read stuff like this. We are corvette owners and for the most part are part of an elite crowd. Bitching about someone making $500 bucks on the side is ridiculous. $500 should be a drop in the bucket compared to what you paid for your car so why hate? Congrats to the seller and buyer and good job shaking the hatters off.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:25 PM
v8eigths
1st Gear

Default Bbs Rk 2 Piece

Bbs Rk 2 Piece Polish Lip
18x8.5 Front
18x10 Rear
1200 Obo.. Thanks Call 209 598 2257 Thanks
120 Bolt Patern 5 Lugs

Quick Reply: FS 19 inch CCW505A's Great shape!!