Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: C7 Carbon

For Sale $25: Seattle: One (1) Rear Tire for C5 Corvette - some damage

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:41 PM
SpeedsterC6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale $25: Seattle: One (1) Rear Tire for C5 Corvette - some damage

Hello,

My dad had a 2002 C5. The original rear tire was slightly damaged -- I think a nail but I'm not sure since I wasn't there. He had some sort of tire warranty in which they gave him a brand new tire instead of repairing the old tire.

He kept the old tire as a backup, then later sold the C5.

I am helping him unload the old tire with slight damage.

Here is what the tire says:

Goodyear Eagle F1
P275-40ZR18 94Y
EMT Extended Mobility

I think the tire has about 10,000 or so miles on it. There is plenty of tread.

I will happily sell the tire for $25. If it turns out that the tire is not repairable, then I will refund your $25. (Honor system. If you tell me the tire is not usable, then I'll give your money back and you can junk the tire.)

I cannot even find the damage, so I cannot say whether it is repairable or not, but I'm sure a tire shop could determine whether the tire is ok to use after patching. I suspect the tire is repairable because he wouldn't have kept the tire as a backup if it wasn't repairable.

Basically, if you want an inexpensive extra rear tire for your C5 and you live in Seattle, this might be a great option for you.

If you do not live in Seattle, I don't think it is worth the time or money to ship the tire. But if you feel otherwise, please respond and I'll be happy to talk to you.

I have photos but I can't figure out how to attach them? Let me know if you want me to email you photos.

Good luck,

Joe

Last edited by SpeedsterC6; 08-29-2007 at 03:47 PM. Reason: year is 2002, not 2001
Old 08-30-2007, 03:31 PM
SpeedsterC6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This tire has been claimed.

Will be shipping out next week. Thanks for your interest.

Quick Reply: For Sale $25: Seattle: One (1) Rear Tire for C5 Corvette - some damage