Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: PRE-SALE Group Buy NEW Double Din Radio Bezels - OEM LOOK & FEEL

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 10:52 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

Received 232 Likes on 134 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

We are still taking pre orders on our bezels. We are still on track for mid May!

Get yours today and save!

This price will never be seen again!
Old 04-13-2017, 05:36 PM
pghjeeper
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc@Vettenuts.net
We are still taking pre orders on our bezels. We are still on track for mid May!

Get yours today and save!

This price will never be seen again!
Can't wait to get this in and do a review. It's like waiting for Christmas Day!
Old 04-14-2017, 09:33 AM
n8dogg
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 327 Likes on 95 Posts

How do you relocate the HVAC control head and mount the double din behind the dash? Do you offer the relocation/mount kit for this?
Old 04-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Gotubch
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Asked a question almost a month ago and no response. Many questions going unanswered by the OP. Perhaps you would have a better response if this post was monitored verse posted and forgotten about.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:18 PM
sly-1
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dogg
How do you relocate the HVAC control head and mount the double din behind the dash? Do you offer the relocation/mount kit for this?
I clicked on the link to their website and there is an option to add brackets to your order for an additional $9.95.

I believe I will get in on this deal.

Last edited by sly-1; 04-18-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:24 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

We are still taking orders for these radio bezels. If anyone has any questions, the easiest way to get in contact is via email sales@vettenuts.net or phone 615-896-6100.

As of now we are on track with deliveries going out beginning of June for the final product. We should have smooth bezels, without the factory texture, by mid May.

Again, we are still taking pre-orders, so give us a call and reserve yours today at this never again price!
http://www.vettenuts.net/index.php?l..._detail&p=1764

Thank you all who have already ordered!
Old 05-17-2017, 12:39 PM
C5-SIN
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Just ordered mine. And now to wait with everyone else
Old 05-17-2017, 12:49 PM
pghjeeper
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well we are 13 days away from June so hopefully their supplier is still on time.

Any pics of the smooth bezels?

Last edited by pghjeeper; 05-17-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:05 PM
Gotubch
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When will the sale end?? When will they start being sent out?
Old 05-17-2017, 10:24 PM
Georgies
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Will you trade for dd mods bezel?
Old 05-18-2017, 05:34 AM
MatsA
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Yes i have also laid down a order for one bezel together with some other stuff, order is pending.
Is it DD who makes these or some other aftermarket company ?
Old 05-19-2017, 02:32 AM
Marc@Vettenuts.net
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by n8dogg
the HVAC does require moving down slightly. We will be introducing installation instructions with the bezels

Originally Posted by Gotubch
Asked a question almost a month ago and no response. Many questions going unanswered by the OP. Perhaps you would have a better response if this post was monitored verse posted and forgotten about.
Im so sorry for the late resonses. I had moved a employee over to the forum to take care of all the threads. Well he was let go last week and im trying to catch up on all our threads.

Originally Posted by sly-1
I clicked on the link to their website and there is an option to add brackets to your order for an additional $9.95.

I believe I will get in on this deal.
Great choice!

Originally Posted by Georgies
Will you trade for dd mods bezel?
No thanks but you should have no trouble selling it. Get this price while it last. I mean it when we say you will never see this price again!

Originally Posted by MatsA
Yes i have also laid down a order for one bezel together with some other stuff, order is pending.
Is it DD who makes these or some other aftermarket company ?
VetteNuts makes this product and we are in no way affilated with Double d. These molds look like they should have when our C5's were being produced.

UPDATE 5/19/21017

After many talks with our production plant and customers we decided to produce 250 smooth molds for painting, leather wrap etc. The reason behind the decision is once we stamp the mold with grain you can never run another smooth mold. The bad news is we expect a two week delay in getting the textured bezels. We had estimated 6/23 at the latest and we still feel we can make that deadline. We are sending all customers who have purchased out emails tomorrow to give them updates.

Thank you for all the orders and your patience. once the shipment arrives the price will be $395 at the lowest. So i know you all are having to wait but you have saved a few dollars and getting the best DD Radio Bezel on the market!

Sincerely,
Marc
Old 05-19-2017, 01:35 PM
InfiniteReality
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Is the textured bezel pre-order still available?

I talked to DDMods and asked questions. I did get a reply back without answering all my questions so guess he doesn't want my business.

Glad he never did, I think this is a better solution for a OEM look anyways. I'm wanting to run an Android double DIN headunit which are ever so slightly bigger than name brand ones like Pioneer, Kenwood, etc. In my old WS6 I used a Metra double DIN kit and just had to sand a little bit of plastic off the left and right side for it to fit properly. In that car you bolt the headunit to the dash, then that bezel snaps on over the headunit.

What's your thoughts on me doing something similar to your textured bezel to allow me to run what I want? I'll post a few pictures of the WS6 to give you an idea on what I did to that bezel.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by InfiniteReality; 05-19-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:26 PM
jman315
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at the same radio. According to info, the front panel is 178mm (7.00787in). I think the style of the buttons match the rest of the controls in the C5's better than anything else I've seen. Being able to customize Android seems pretty slick too. Just curious how you like it. How is the sound quality and built in amplifier?
Old 05-20-2017, 11:22 AM
InfiniteReality
Racer

Originally Posted by jman315
I was looking at the same radio. According to info, the front panel is 178mm (7.00787in). I think the style of the buttons match the rest of the controls in the C5's better than anything else I've seen. Being able to customize Android seems pretty slick too. Just curious how you like it. How is the sound quality and built in amplifier?
Having an Android headunit will definitely spoil you, it's a million times better than a name brand as far as customization. In my WS6 it sounded alot better and louder than the single DIN that was in it when I bought it. You can add vehicle manufacturer logo on boot screen too, which was nice.

There is a couple of negatives about that paticular headunit that I discovered, but nothing that'd prevent me from getting another one. BTW this one ran KitKat, had Lollipop update but I never installed. The one I get for my C5 will have Lollipop or Marshmallow.
- First It's a tad wider than a name brand headunit
- steering wheel controls are possible to hook up, but kind of a pain to hook up.
- no dedicated sub control, but does have sub output though
- internal space is only 16gb so have to be choosy on what apps to install, before I got rid of the car I couldn't update apps as I was out of space.
- it doesn't automatically start playing music upon boot, but there's an app to do that.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:04 PM
jman315
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
Having an Android headunit will definitely spoil you, it's a million times better than a name brand as far as customization. In my WS6 it sounded alot better and louder than the single DIN that was in it when I bought it. You can add vehicle manufacturer logo on boot screen too, which was nice.

There is a couple of negatives about that paticular headunit that I discovered, but nothing that'd prevent me from getting another one. BTW this one ran KitKat, had Lollipop update but I never installed. The one I get for my C5 will have Lollipop or Marshmallow.
- First It's a tad wider than a name brand headunit
- steering wheel controls are possible to hook up, but kind of a pain to hook up.
- no dedicated sub control, but does have sub output though
- internal space is only 16gb so have to be choosy on what apps to install, before I got rid of the car I couldn't update apps as I was out of space.
- it doesn't automatically start playing music upon boot, but there's an app to do that.
Thanks for the feedback. If you buy their newer model it will have more RAM and storage space. One downside that I see to these stereos though is they probably won't be updated or supported for more than a couple of years. I'd prefer to be able to connect my phone and use that for GPS, music, movies, etc.; something that I can more easily replace as needed. The alternative option I was thinking of is getting a headunit that has an HDMI input and connecting a Google Chromecast. I tried it on a Pioneer AppRadio 4 and while it worked pretty well, you still have to have the phone nearby to control what's on the headunit display. MHL is probably the best option except that it seems most new devices don't support it.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:06 PM
BlackSun!
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered, Look forward to receiving...

Get notified of new replies

To PRE-SALE Group Buy NEW Double Din Radio Bezels - OEM LOOK & FEEL

Old 05-30-2017, 10:14 PM
Georgies
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Ok Mark, so let me get this straight. If i order your bezel, for my 2003 c5 z06, the texture and feel of the bezel will be as stock?

Also, its completely injection molded? Meaning that no cutting and regluing was done like my Doubble D bezel?

Also, will the wash fastness be as good as the rest of the intefior trim?

My doubble d bezel is already peeling after 1k miles...im super pissed about that.

What do I need to do to order the correct color and texture?

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:24 AM
InfiniteReality
Racer

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
Is the textured bezel pre-order still available?

I talked to DDMods and asked questions. I did get a reply back without answering all my questions so guess he doesn't want my business.

Glad he never did, I think this is a better solution for a OEM look anyways. I'm wanting to run an Android double DIN headunit which are ever so slightly bigger than name brand ones like Pioneer, Kenwood, etc. In my old WS6 I used a Metra double DIN kit and just had to sand a little bit of plastic off the left and right side for it to fit properly. In that car you bolt the headunit to the dash, then that bezel snaps on over the headunit.

What's your thoughts on me doing something similar to your textured bezel to allow me to run what I want? I'll post a few pictures of the WS6 to give you an idea on what I did to that bezel.

Thanks for any input!
I'm still waiting to hear back on my questions. I need something soon though, this single DIN sucks, lol!
Old 06-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Dave70
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm also wanting to do a Joying HU and this looks like the best way to get that done. DDmods will not do a bezel if the HU is not purchased from them. What is the cutoff date for the pre order? If it's too late for the pre order what is the price now for the textured bezel?

Quick Reply: FS: PRE-SALE Group Buy NEW Double Din Radio Bezels - OEM LOOK & FEEL