C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

LS1-Edit Fan Settings

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 01:30 PM
SpeedracerZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1-Edit Fan Settings

I have a Z06 with the stock thermostat (I think it's the same as the regular C5). Where do you think I should set my fans for drag racing? I was thinking about just leaving them on all the time when racing and then setting the stock program back for the drive home. They won't burn out from running all day will they?

Jeremy
Old 09-18-2002, 04:16 PM
hrdtopv8
Pro

Default Re: LS1-Edit Fan Settings (SpeedracerZ06)

In addition to questions above, after the car is dyno tuned by a shop are those changes permanent? Meaning, that if I unplug the battery will those changes remain in effect or will the computer reset back to stock? :confused: I'd hate to pay $500 for a dyno tune only for it to be temporary..
Old 09-18-2002, 09:09 PM
Supercharged
Racer

Default Re: LS1-Edit Fan Settings (SpeedracerZ06)

I would not set the fans to run all the time. There would be no advantage since the engine temperature would be no lower, and in addition the extra load on the alternator would take some of your horsepower. I run the stock thermostat and using the LS1 Edit, I have set my fans to the same temps that is used by Hypertech to optimize a stock thermostat. Those settings are: Fan #1 on at 209 off at 200, and Fan#2 on at 219 and off at 210. This is about 15 degrees colder (sooner) that stock. Good luck. Barry
Old 09-18-2002, 10:03 PM
nevrenuf
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Edit Guru
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: LS1-Edit Fan Settings (Supercharged)

Using LS1Edit, and stock stat.. the following work very well..

Fan 1 on : 199
Fan 1 off : 194
Fan 2 on : 206
Fan 2 off : 200

I use these settings all the time with great results on dozens of tuned cars...
Old 09-18-2002, 11:44 PM
akw408
Burning Brakes

Default Re: LS1-Edit Fan Settings (hrdtopv8)

In addition to questions above, after the car is dyno tuned by a shop are those changes permanent? Meaning, that if I unplug the battery will those changes remain in effect or will the computer reset back to stock? :confused: I'd hate to pay $500 for a dyno tune only for it to be temporary..
Changing fan speeds involves reprogramming the PCM, and those changes are not temporary unless the PCM is reprogrammed again.

If this change was all you wanted to do, I would not get custom tuning, but purchase either HPP3, some Predator thing (new on the market), or possibly LS1 Edit if you envision doing much more later.

As for what I would set the fan settings to, assuming you are using stock CR and good gas, I think you would actually make max power with your block hotter. If you had a higher CR or were running worse gas and getting preignition, then I would set the fan settings lower.
Old 09-19-2002, 03:15 PM
SpeedracerZ06
Racer

Default Re: LS1-Edit Fan Settings (akw408)

Thanks guys.

Get notified of new replies

To LS1-Edit Fan Settings

Quick Reply: LS1-Edit Fan Settings