C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

For torque managmt via LS1 edit on the WOT upshifts on A4, what do i set parameters to

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 11:40 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 585 Likes on 400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default For torque managmt via LS1 edit on the WOT upshifts on A4, what do i set parameters to

I heard that the latest ls1 edit allows for different parameters for torque managment on WOT upshifts and also heard that 0s should be put in for these paramters. SInce installing radical 4000 stall drag converter and 3.73s i am having an intermittent problem (where it feels as if my engine cuts out for second and then starts accelerating again) right after my WOT 1/2 shift which i believe is related to torque management.

Am i correct in setting all of the parameters at 0 for torque managment on the WOT upshifts on my 98 A4 vert?

Thanks,

Nitrovette
Old 09-18-2002, 09:52 AM
geekracer
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: For torque managmt via LS1 edit on the WOT upshifts on A4, what do i set parameters to

Check out http://ls1edit.slowcar.net/faq.html

There's a section on transmission. Look under torque management. :yesnod:
Old 09-19-2002, 09:17 PM
gojo
Melting Slicks

Default Re: tq mgmnt via LS1 edit on the WOT upshifts on A4, what do i set parameters to (Nitrovette)

You only have the problem of TM kicking in from 1-2 about 15% of the time. Try setting below your current setting. Anybody know if upshift TM can be set by gear? Jim, your probably not hitting your rev limit from 1-2?
Old 09-20-2002, 12:03 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 585 Likes on 400 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: tq mgmnt via LS1 edit on the WOT upshifts on A4, what do i set parameters to (jfpilla)

Joe:

Your right, i am not hitting the rev limiter when the 1/2 shift occurs or anytime relevant thereto. THis bug occurs right after the 1/2 shift occurs and happens like you say only about 15% of the time. The problem is that my tuner tells me the tm is already set at 0 for the 1/2 shift but can be lowered for the 2/3. Will lower or shut off any tm parameters that we can to see if this helps.

Thanks for all your help and input.

Nitrovette

Old 09-20-2002, 01:40 AM
gojo
Melting Slicks

Default Re: tq mgmnt via LS1 edit on the WOT upshifts on A4, what do i set parameters to (Nitrovette)

If it is a TM issue one of the systems that uses TM is sending a command for it. So I agree you need too turn everything related off. Does your tuner have the upshift feature? Does it seem you might be getting spark retard after you are in 2nd? Isn't there a spark retard feature for 2nd gear ?

Get notified of new replies

To For torque managmt via LS1 edit on the WOT upshifts on A4, what do i set parameters to

Quick Reply: For torque managmt via LS1 edit on the WOT upshifts on A4, what do i set parameters to