C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

How do people tune these?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 08:31 PM
My1stONE
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Injectors

Originally Posted by tblu92
I wouldn't use larger injectors unless you need them There is NO HP advantage using larger injectors unless you need them Only driveability issues
Industry standards say NOT to exceed 80% duty cycles on your injectors--I have gone as high as 85% with no issues
I would 1st have someone data log your injectors to see where they land at WOT
What is the stats for the stock injectors for a 2003? Are they over forty pounds? I'm still learning about the injection system and with mine having lots of miles on them I'm wondering if I'll benefit from new injectors. But when I look up injectors for my car there is a plethora of ones that fit all with different pounds. I'm not an idiot but I'm not knowledgeable enough to make a decision on which ones to get for an engine with a cold air intake and exhaust. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:38 PM
jrp1588
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 89 Posts

I think 2001 on it was 28lbfor the C5.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:17 PM
NSFW
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Hib Halverson
Good luck with that
There's still work to be done, but it's basically working as of yesterday.

I haven't done any real tuning with it yet, but I was able to use our stuff (in conjunction with Tuner Pro and a $40 OBD2 cable) to disable CAGS in the PCM software on my 02Z.

So we have the beginnings of a new answer to the question in the subject line of this thread.

Details here: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...cm-hammer.html

Quick Reply: How do people tune these?