C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Crank relearn?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 08:47 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Crank relearn?

I recently got a street tune done on my 04z..car has lt headers and a cai. My problem now is only on cold startup it cranks more to start then finally catches..when before the tune it would start immediately. does this sound like a crank relearn? Thanks
Old 08-27-2018, 09:34 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

NO a crank relearn is generally only used when changing internal parts such as a cam or crankshaft or maybe the crank senor itself
LT headrs and some CAI systems require some adjustments to aid in start up Only data logging your start up fueling and airflow will help a tuner sort out a hard start issue---
PS The reason LT hdrs are illgal in most states is because they move the front 02 sensors as much as 3 ft further back----They are not designed to read accurately when they are moved that far back--They tend to read much richer abd cause stsrting issues and rich running issues at both P/T and
A tuner can help as there is no 100% fix By lowering the front 02 switching points to like 350 will help the 02;s oscillate and heat up much better----Ideally you want your front 02's to average from .450 to .550 millivolts yours are most likely like 650-750 making the fueling pig rich Also corretcing the fuel trims is a MUST only done with data logging and re tuning ---You want your fuel trims to read "0" or slightly negative thru out the enttre P/T---This is done by making adjustmentd to your MAF table
Old 09-05-2018, 10:53 AM
midnight01
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 04zjimc
I recently got a street tune done on my 04z..car has lt headers and a cai. My problem now is only on cold startup it cranks more to start then finally catches..when before the tune it would start immediately. does this sound like a crank relearn? Thanks
there are a few things that happen to turn the car over, spark, fuel. when the car is started, there is a setting for spark with starting almost like a retarding feature. I cant remember it off the top of my head.

Give this a try. turn the key on but count to 6 then start it. is it the same? I would also imagine the battery has a full charge? Is it hard to start as in it sounds like its struggling to turn over the starter?
Old 09-05-2018, 12:00 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 98 Posts

Not struggling at all..it is definitely in the tune..car started perfectly fine before the tune. I usually wait till my gauges do a full sweep then start it up..

Last edited by 04zjimc; 09-05-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Crank relearn?

Quick Reply: Crank relearn?