C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

My Predator Initial Report

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 02:30 PM
123Gone
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My Predator Initial Report

Installed the program without any problems and took it out on a short test run. No SOPT performance gain . Too much detonation, I think it's running worse. I'm using (and have always used) 92-93 octane. This tank is from Texaco. I'll test drive it more later today, but at this point I'm a little discouraged. :cry
Old 11-05-2002, 02:32 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Default Re: My Predator Initial Report (123Gone)

Blind mail order tuning just does not make much sense. You need to tune the car on a dyno with a wideband and a full OBDII scan tool.

[Modified by rbartick, 12:37 PM 11/5/2002]
Old 11-05-2002, 03:18 PM
RWTD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: My Predator Initial Report (rbartick)

Too much detonation, I think it's running worse. I'm using (and have always used) 92-93 octane. This tank is from Texaco.
Hey friend, if you would like to give me a call we can discuss the issue you have having. Are you using 92 or 93? I'd also go for Shell 93 or Amoco 93 before Texaco. Which stations in your area carry 93, instead of 92?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely...

[Modified by BfB, 5:02 PM 11/5/2002]
Old 11-05-2002, 04:02 PM
123Gone
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: My Predator Initial Report (BfB)

I can go by the Texaco station today after work and let you know if it is 92 or 93. I have never seen an Amoco station in Ft. Worth and Shells are few and far between. I want you to know that I'm all for your product and I'm just giving an honest opinion. I will have an opportunity to drive the car some more later on today. I'll be happy to give you a call (perhaps tomorrow after more test driving) and provide you with any information I have. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:13 PM
rbartick
Le Mans Master

Location: Admit Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations.
Received 514 Likes on 346 Posts

Default Re: My Predator Initial Report (BfB)

You know, you simply amaze me with how much *hidden* bashing you do of the Predator
Bashing? No.

Reality check time...

I said a few times that the Product has the potential to be very good if you tune the car on a dyno with a wideband and a good scanner. I also said it would be a better value than buying a MAFT/Fan controller/CAGS defeat and it would not require soldering and splicing. That does not seem like bashing to me.

Blind mail order "performance tuning" has never been a way to build significant HP. Changes to a state in tune that are signficant enough to cause a real change in HP need to be monitored on a dyno and with a good logging scan tool. This is nothing new, it should not come as a surprise to anyone, and it is not a bash directed at the product.

[Modified by rbartick, 2:25 PM 11/5/2002]
Old 11-05-2002, 07:03 PM
RWTD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: My Predator Initial Report (rbartick)

rbartick, it's all cool on my end, and I have revised my post above. I apologize about jumping the gun.

Hope all is well, and take care for now.

Sincerely...

Get notified of new replies

To My Predator Initial Report

Quick Reply: My Predator Initial Report