C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

can someone tell me exactly what is an LS1 edit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 05:29 PM
BBQ
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default can someone tell me exactly what is an LS1 edit?

I've seen plenty of members talk about it, but can someone give me an explanation? :cheers:
Old 08-21-2003, 06:21 PM
tpocock
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: can someone tell me exactly what is an LS1 edit? (BBQ)

LS1 edit is a little electrical box that you plug into the connector under the steering wheel and it lets you change programmable settings in your engine computer. It permits changing parameters such as timing curves, fuel injector settings, shift points for automatic transmissions, and other settings. With the information that you get from a data logging device (such as EFILive, Autotap, or others) or a dynometer with wide band oxygen sensors it will permit the "tuner" to change the computer settings for increased power and performance. This is particularly important after performing modifications, like air filter changes, headers, etc.

[Modified by tpocock, 3:22 PM 8/21/2003]
Old 08-21-2003, 11:50 PM
TXNC5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: can someone tell me exactly what is an LS1 edit? (BBQ)

It both a little bit of hardware and software. The hardware as mentioned is a cable that allows communication between your computer (generally through a serial port) and your car's OBD-II and eventually to the car's computer, PCM.

There are two software programs. One manages the up/download process to your PCM. The other allows you to edit your flash file (what is downloaded from the PCM).

Check out: http://www.carputing.com

Get notified of new replies

To can someone tell me exactly what is an LS1 edit?

Quick Reply: can someone tell me exactly what is an LS1 edit?