C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Tuning questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 07:13 PM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

Default Tuning questions

I am fairly new to this so I apologize if this has been covered before. I have read about LS-1 Edit and Diablo Predator and know that some custom tune the Predator. A lot of us are now facing a potential recall for the steering column lock and I may be facing a PCM change for the fuel gauge issue. I am looking at getting headers. and will likely need a tune after the installation.

If I get a custom tune for the headers, and have the dealer reflash the PCM after the custom tune will I lose it?

If I lose it, I think I can re-install the tune from the Predator, but how about LS-1 Edit if I have someone do the tune for me? Won't they have to do the tune again?

Does the Predator only modify the code in the PCM, such that if the dealer were to update the PCM for the fuel gage the Predator won't effect that part of the software?

Is there a good book that explains all of this?
Old 02-12-2004, 08:06 PM
goodhands
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tuning questions (vettenuts)

I can help with the LS1 edit question. If the dealer reflashes the PCM for the fuel gauge TSB and or the steering column lock TSB then yes you will loose your custome tune. However, LS1 edit uses saved edited files so you would simply reflash your PCM with your custom tune file after the dealer is done screwing it up. No need to build a new tune. If you use a professional tuner then ask them up front "if my tune is blown out by the dealer will you reflash your custom tune for N/C". If they are worth their salt they will do this as long as they saved the file of course. You may want to obtain and keep a copy of the tuning file on disk for your own benefit.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:46 PM
vettemaster1
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Tuning questions (goodhands)

hi goodhands,
question for you. are these statements correct?

1 multiply maf by number greater than 100 to richen fuel mixture
2. multply ifr by number less than 100 to richen fuel mixture
3. multiply pe/rpm by number greater than 100 to richen fuel mixture in pe mode
thanks, keith :steering:
Old 02-12-2004, 10:00 PM
goodhands
Instructor

Default Re: Tuning questions (vettemaster1)

vettemaster1

yes to all three questions if using version 1.3

Greg
Old 02-17-2004, 09:38 AM
goodhands
Instructor

Default Re: Tuning questions (vettenuts)

Sorry let me correct myself on this! After GM reflashes the PCM you will need to read it again. If the segment 1 ID does not change you could reload your tune but this would blow out the changes that GM just made.....not good. If the segment 1 ID does change then you can not reload your tune. Trying to reload your tune under this condition would most likely fry the PCM....worse. Bottom line is you would have to read the PCM and retype in your tune. Sorry for the previous inaccurate post. :bb

Get notified of new replies

To Tuning questions

Quick Reply: Tuning questions