C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange Wire with which fuse, Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 12:22 AM
love2dye4u
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange Wire with which fuse, Help

I installed cd changer and connected it to the orange wire near the fuse box in front of the passenger seat. It was working well. And after I jumpstarted the car cd changer gets no power. I think that the fuse was blown. Does anyone know which fuse is for the orange wire? Please help.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:58 AM
Wah
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

And I just installed a LapTrax and blew the fuse too. Gotta be careful with open-ended power wires. I used the yellow wire instead of the orange and I don't know if it's the same fuse or not, but if it is, it's the 20 amp one near the top row. There is a diagram on the inside of the fuse cover plate if you want to try, but somehow I found it rather confusing to relate the fuse port name with the yellow wire.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,585 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Are you talking about the Auxilarly Wiring harness under the dash above the BCM? If so the fuse that controlls that set of wires is in the Instrument Panel Electrical Center, Fuse# 7 (C/LTR) 20 amp. The yellow wire is Fuse# 11 ( ASRYOFF) 20 amp.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Orange Wire with which fuse, Help

Quick Reply: Orange Wire with which fuse, Help