C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

service traction control

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 04:00 PM
tweakd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service traction control

Hi,
I hope someone can help me? Here is what just happened! Shut the car off to open the garage door, then went to start it and the service traction control came up along with reduced engine power then service vehical soon!!!!!!!! When i tried to start it nothing happened other than the dic saying no tire presure shocks not working and so on. I tried to start it a few times and nothing! dead! I waitied a few minutes and went back and it started right up no problem? Also the alarm and key fob did not work when it started to act up! Can anyone tell me why this happened and or what caused it?? Sorry for the long thread, i would hate for this to happen when i am on the road.
Thank you for any help in this matter!!!!
Tweakd
Old 06-20-2005, 08:51 PM
tweakd
Instructor

ANYBODY.....PLEASE! this must have happened to somebody other than me?
Thanks
Old 06-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Red Gump
Race Director

I've gotten that code several times but the next time I fired it up, it was gone. I've heard that it may be triggered after dyno'ing the car or in wet conditions. wish I could be more help.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:10 PM
servohead
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like you're saying that you have multiple electrical function failures? How old is your battery? Are the terminals corroded? Are the ground plugs on the front of the frame rails full of corrosion? Has your B+ terminal been leaking? Check these things. Before disconnecting the battery though read codes in all control modules and record them so you can see what codes come back after checking/disconnecting the battery terminals. Good luck. Your not the only one that this has happened to believe me. Let us know what you find.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:34 AM
tweakd
Instructor

Hey,
Thanks for the replies. The battery is only three years old and the connections are clean. I will check the front grounds to see if they are dirty or not. It seemd fine this morning so far, but something must have caused it to act up like that? Just want to make sure it does not happen again! I am going to check the codes and then disconnect the battery and make sure all is tight and clean just in case.
thanks again for your input
Old 06-22-2005, 10:38 PM
tweakd
Instructor

Ok this my be a dum question, but can anybody tell me where the "ground plugs" are on the front frame rails. I am not sure what i am looking for.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:45 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Default weird,what my 01 does!

i just went to the store,and when i came out,the abs light was on,service engine soon,service traction control system...so,i turned the car off while driving down the raod and did the quick restart and no more lights or anything.this is one tempermental little car,right here!!!
Old 06-22-2005, 11:34 PM
BOOPSC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jessem
i just went to the store,and when i came out,the abs light was on,service engine soon,service traction control system...so,i turned the car off while driving down the raod and did the quick restart and no more lights or anything.this is one tempermental little car,right here!!!
Mine started last night pretty much the same thing except when I shut the car down and restarted still notting , it says service vehicle soon and the ABS and Traction lights are still on.A guy by the name of Bill told me to go to this web page http://www.corvettedoctor.com/Codes_Page.htm tried it and I have no clue what I am doing those codes shoot by so fast it makes my head spin.
Good luck

Last edited by BOOPSC5; 06-22-2005 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:44 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Default codes

well,i just stored that site in the bookmark section!as long as she goes when i want it to,everything is cool!If i worried about every single code/light that comes on,i'd never drive the damn thing!!!and i can't have that!!! i love the vette,and mod fever is getting serious!!!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:01 AM
BOOPSC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jessem
well,i just stored that site in the bookmark section!as long as she goes when i want it to,everything is cool!If i worried about every single code/light that comes on,i'd never drive the damn thing!!!and i can't have that!!! i love the vette,and mod fever is getting serious!!!
I just payed mine off last month now it is time for the mods to begin as soon as i fix those darn codes.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:14 AM
simpleman68
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BOOPSC5
Mine started last night pretty much the same thing except when I shut the car down and restarted still notting , it says service vehicle soon and the ABS and Traction lights are still on.A guy by the name of Bill told me to go to this web page http://www.corvettedoctor.com/Codes_Page.htm tried it and I have no clue what I am doing those codes shoot by so fast it makes my head spin.
Good luck
Don't sweat it. Once the DIC has displayed all codes, and reads "manual diagnostics", you can scroll through them manually and write them down.

Trip #3 - scrolls ascending
Options #4 - scrolls descending
Scott
Old 06-23-2005, 02:19 AM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Sounds like yur battery needs replacing. Mine did the same thing after it sat for a while and drained the battery. Once I replace it I never had it again

Jeff
Old 06-23-2005, 09:45 AM
BOOPSC5
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by simpleman68
Don't sweat it. Once the DIC has displayed all codes, and reads "manual diagnostics", you can scroll through them manually and write them down.

Trip #3 - scrolls ascending
Options #4 - scrolls descending
Scott
Thanks
Old 06-24-2005, 11:36 AM
jcgordon
Instructor

I had similar problems with my 97 C5. Since I work with computers, I saw this as a computer problem and decided that maybe the car needed to be rebooted. So I disconnected the battery cable and let the car sit all night. The next day I came home and re-connected the battery cable and all of the problems were resolved and everything started working correctly. This was an easy fix for what seemed to be a major problem. Hopefully this will work for you.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:49 PM
72zz4conv
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BOOPSC5
Mine started last night pretty much the same thing except when I shut the car down and restarted still notting , it says service vehicle soon and the ABS and Traction lights are still on.

What a coincidence. Mine (2001) just did the same thing and I was just about to do a search to see if anyone else had the same problem. Mine has done it three times now in about 5 days. The first time was when I started it to come home from work. I shut the car off, restarted and everything went back to normal. Last night the same three lights came on just as I left work. Pulled over, shut it off and again it returned to normal. Now this morning it happened as I was backing into my parking spot at work. I really hope this is something simple like the battery as I do not want to go to the dealer. I have custom programming in the PCM and they will probably flash it to perform the CLB recall even if I tell them not to.

Any help from anyone for us would be appreciated.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:10 AM
tweakd
Instructor

Well guys, Mine has not acted up again. It has been fine since that happened! I think i might just buy a new battery anyway and put it in for piece of mind. It seems the more i read the more they say it could be the battery. It did do it one time before when i was driving, same thing, i pulled over and let it sit. started right up and off i went. I sure would like to know what the problem really is thought! If anybody know's what it is LET US KNOW
thanks

Get notified of new replies

To service traction control

Quick Reply: service traction control