C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor went kaboom tonight....

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 01:41 PM
0Jeff @ TPE
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06 & '12

Ahhhhhh, Shucks Guys...... Yur making me blush.. :o

I have learned so much about Vehicles in general due to this site, its amazing. I darn near feal like I know some of you like your my neighbors.

Not helping you guys out would be as bad as not coming to the help of a close friend or family member. I really didnt think about it, just did it.

As a matter of fact, I almost posted a thread inviting all of you guys to my wedding but my other half put the kabash on that when she showed me the reception quote from the caterer with a few hundred more guests..

Thanks for the kind words guys, But honestly, Its not necessary, ANY one of you would have done it if the need arised...

Jeff

BTW,
What about a "Corvette Forum" bachelor party in my home town of "Las Vegas??" Oh God, would we get in some trouble...
Old 07-09-2005, 06:12 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffyvette
I keep seeing alot of this drop in an LS2 motor. From what I have heard that is not a easy option yet. Some real harness and sensor issues still. I may be wrong.
Jeffy'

Nice car
Old 07-09-2005, 06:38 PM
hogurt
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

What should you do with a blown motor?

I have just recently gone through the exact same ordeal. I would recommend getting in touch with a forum vendor like Andy or MDMC. These guys will ask the right questions about your current modifications and they will know what motor replacement will be best for your purposes.

I personally decided to go with a forged 372ci engine with a lowered compression ratio. I am still waiting to get my car tuned, but I know I will be somewhere around 700 fwhp.

Sorry for your loss and good luck with the re-build.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:48 PM
TOPGUN9
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to beat a dead horse, but you, AMERICAN HP, are a real sport and a true American.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:36 PM
Vegas Vette
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 138 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by gt-hunter
Jeff,

Your offer is the single most incredible thing I have seen on this board to date. As I read this post I felt for Matt...In fact...I could see myself in his shoes and wonder what the hell to do next. Mine is a daily driver so I'd be up the creek if this happened to me.

When I saw your offer though I just fell back...Especially given the fact that you WOULD NOT offer it to anyone else since it was just to help him out...

You sir, are someone we should all take an example from. Some of us on this board are better off financially than others (I'm in the latter category ) but no matter how much money you have, nobody just GIVES things away for free....that was an incredible gesture....

Mike
Old 07-11-2005, 09:16 AM
ace67
Racer

This post saved my day your a real great man, this is the most generous offer i have ever seen on a motor related board.
Take care Jeff, its people like you that give me some hope in a otherwise kinda crappy world.

Big credzzz from Sweden.

Originally Posted by AMERICAN_HP
JEFF TO THE RESCUE!!!!!

I have a short block at A&A right now that I pulled out of my C5 a couple of weeks ago. It had 43K on the clock and ran flawlessly.It was serviced every 3K religiously. The motor is out of my 2000 C5 M6 (NEVER at the track) the oil consumption issue was corrected when the car was brand new under warranty. It is a complete short block less oil pan and covers sitting there wrapped up in plastic waiting to be shipped back to me. ALL of your parts will bolt directly up to it. You shouldnt need anythng.

I'll tell you what, Send him (Andy) 500 bucks and cover shipping and its yours.
All you will have to do is bolt up your heads and install you accessories and your done.
This motor ran PERFECT!! (I actually drove it to him) so for about 600 bucks total your on the road again.

PM me if you want to do it.

I will NOT extend this offer to anyone else. I'm just trying to help a brutha out...

Jeff
Old 07-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Monster231
Safety Car

Sweet offer!!!

Quick Reply: Motor went kaboom tonight....