C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the skinny on this code? - P0327 Knock Sensor (KS) Circuit Front -B??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 08:19 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whats the skinny on this code? - P0327 Knock Sensor (KS) Circuit Front -B??

I am getting this code after applying the Power Loader II (yes it came in!!!) and am wondering what is the potential probelm here ..

:confused:
Old 08-04-2001, 03:52 AM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Whats the skinny on this code? - P0327 Knock Sensor (KS) Circuit Front -B?? (bparker)

Bump
Old 08-04-2001, 02:55 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Whats the skinny on this code? - P0327 Knock Sensor (bparker)

TTT - whats up - hasnt anyone seen this one? I am gettin a bit worried ... :U
Old 08-04-2001, 10:46 PM
WALLstAL
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '05

Default Re: Whats the skinny on this code? - P0327 Knock Sensor (KS) Circuit Front -B?? (bparker)

I noticed you have the nylon maf ends, they caused me about 5 degrees of KR when Steve Cole checked my car with the tech tool. I didn't have any codes but when I went back to stock maf ends, my KR when to zero!
Old 08-04-2001, 10:57 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Whats the skinny on this code? - P0327 Knock Sensor (wallstAL)

Ahh HA! thanks for the reply AL!! :D

I have the ported GM MAF ends that came w/ the GMS Sensor - should I try those? :confused: The reason I used the Nylon MAF Ends cause they had the "Air Dams" within them and the Twin Flow is known to create turbulance thus I "thought" they would help out with that. ... but well hook up the GMS ported and see what happens .. In additon, I am contimplating going BACK to the Vortex .. but am a bit nervous due to crazy A$$ weather we get here in TX .. but will prolly take the plunge anyways .. and just make sure the INS is ready in case of hydro-lock .. LOL :eek:

Thanks for the reply!

BP
Old 08-05-2001, 12:24 AM
ToplessTexan
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

This sets when you exceed limits for more than three seconds. The limits aren't hard, they're learned. I'm with Al, if Steve didn't know what you had (and allow for in the programming) as far as MAF ends and sensor goes, you likely have some over agressive timing that's causing some hardcore knock. Still have your stock ends and sensor?
Old 08-05-2001, 12:48 AM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Whats the skinny on this code? - P0327 Knock Sensor (ToplessTexan)

Yep - still haveum - and Steve chewed on me pretty bad about putting the stock ones back - and I tried it and didnt like the result as the car was MUCH slower in comparison - HOWEVER - with his new program there may be a different colored light at the end of the tunnel now... just gotta give it another try ..

Thx Topless,

BP
Old 08-05-2001, 01:20 AM
ToplessTexan
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran

You're saying Steve got after you when he found out you weren't using the stock MAF setup? He tends to do that. :D If you put them back on before you got your new programming, you probably lost some of the timing gains they got you. You should see much improved timing without the ends with the new programming though. Now you can sell your ends and GMS MAF, just keep your MAFT ;)
Old 08-05-2001, 05:05 AM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Yea - he sounded like he was my dad and I came home drunk - all up in a roar .. but we need that sometimes modding the he|| out od thes 40K+ cars trying to beat the space shuttle .. HAHA

Anyways - i am going to try the ported MAF Ends next and see what happens - then obviously go back to stock if it is warranted ..

The MAFT is in the closet - but I like to experiment and well see what happens using the 5% Rich Sensor ..

BP
Old 08-05-2001, 05:06 AM
bparker
Melting Slicks

BTW - I just got a P1571 Code tonight after racing a TransAm and a Moded Mistubishi VR4 tonight - now I am wondering WTF is going on now .. :crazy:
Old 08-05-2001, 01:25 PM
ToplessTexan
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran

It's related to torque management. My guess is it's probably due to converter issues. Call Steve. You're just in the "fine tuning your programming" mode. ;)

Get notified of new replies

To Whats the skinny on this code? - P0327 Knock Sensor (KS) Circuit Front -B??

Quick Reply: Whats the skinny on this code? - P0327 Knock Sensor (KS) Circuit Front -B??