C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wipers won't shut off

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:44 AM
fevest
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the washer button. I had the problem with the pump and wipers running. My washer button was in the wrong position. The thing is you can pry the little button out. Then you will see two sets of contacts. You can put something between them, like a piece of a coffee stirrer, to stop the contact. Your pump and wipers will then stop. I was able to fix mine by putting a new spring in there. I think there are two small springs in there that may need to be replaced. You should be able to put it back together if careful. Mine has worked since I did the above. If it goes again I will replace the wand.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:40 PM
vfrvette
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default curious , frustrated

the forum has been very helpfull , thanks to all that post. However i am struggling with this one. At first my wipers would come on ,wipe once , go down but not park. Over the next few mins they would swipe once and stop but not park. Sometimes they would park but then come back on . I followed the previous posts , cleaned it all out and put ti back together and they worked great. The mistake i made was taking the control box off and cleaning it, because the next day they would not park and i feared i had bumped the lobe on the control box and upset the timing between the gears. It was not the parking pawl problem i have seen here as the motor would not spin backwards when turned off. So i got a whole new motor and gear and control box assembly (cheapest thing i have found for a corvette) and installed it. All worked great for a few days.....till today!! I just drove home (45 mins) with my wipers going the entire way. They would stop for one second periodically. And the motor doesnt reverse when shut off. Im curious , does power go to the unit even while the switch is off. How does getting moisture in the control box turn it on . Guess it must have power going to it while the 'key' is on . I know there is always a possibility of a new part being bad , especialy a remanufactured part , but couldn't the wiper control switch on the colum be causing this? Help anyone? Frustrating taking this apart now for the 3rd time.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:32 AM
bernard c
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wipers

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Bill

I took a week off and went to Cancun! When I got back, I had too much to do to get on the forum.

Thanks for the complments!

Will you be at ANY of the corvette functions this year??? Like the Cruise In, Carslile, Fun Fest ect??????? We have to get together one of these days!!!!

Here is the pictures of the udders that I promised
(thought I was just hijacking the thread didnt ya???

Here where the uders are:

Here is what they look like (there are three in there, trust me!!)

Here is what came out of mine!

Get them udders clean!!

Bill C
You are the man I had the same issue and it worked thanks for the post

Quick Reply: Wipers won't shut off